[EVENT] - THE FIRST DAY - STADIUM NINE

Go down

[EVENT] - THE FIRST DAY - STADIUM NINE

Post by Shirii on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm

[Please only post in this thread if you are one of the four participants in this field:

Ren
Kaito
Shirizu
Joki]
Shirii
Admin

View user profile http://bnharoleplayig.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [EVENT] - THE FIRST DAY - STADIUM NINE

Post by Shirizu Yamamoto on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:40 am

A figure was crouching down while looking towards the tundra in front of them. It was none other than Shirizu. A look of disgust could be seen on his face as his gaze fell upon the area in front of him. Much like his Quirk, he did not like the cold either, despite being able to create it. The field that they were about to enter was the worst-case scenario for Shirizu, for his Quirk was greatly limited inside of a cold temperature area.
"So they're having us battle in these kind of conditions?" he murmured to himself, standing up soon after. He and his partner were to face opponents that he did not know the Quirks of, and on top of that, he did not even know the extent of his partner's Quirk either. It was certainly a situation in which he had to learn more information.

The tundra in front of them was merciless. A layer of snow covered a vast space where no obstacles could be seen far and wide. It was an open battleground for them. Just thinking of the cold made Shirizu shudder at the thought of entering this cold place. But, he had to. Once standing up, he adjusted his gloves to fit perfectly upon his hands.

In order to reduce the drawbacks of one's Quirks, or further add to their effectiveness, Hero Costumes are designed specifically to aid the Hero. The same could be said about Shirizu's costume, who knew the exact weakness of his Quirk. It was cold temperature. He was like a sponge that absorbed heat. If there was no heat available, he was unable to absorb any of it. That is the drawback that he tackled the most with his costume.

His costume was nothing out of the ordinary at first glance. He wore a tightly-fit vest that did not obstruct his movements, pants, gloves, and a belt upon which could be seen two disks on both sides of his waist. The gloves were flexible, yet durable enough to protect his skin. Covering them was a metallic layer that seemed to lead tubes in-between Shirizu's fingers towards the hole upon his palm, to which a metallic tube was attached to help Shirizu to absorb heat from around his forearms as well instead of just his palm. The holes in his palms were by nature inefficient, for they were sucking much faster than Shirizu could absorb. This way, he was getting rid of that inefficiency by expanding the area of effect to his forearms.

Upon his belt were two disk-like devices that were used to create heat by friction. The more they spun, the more heat they created. It was a power source for Shirizu's Quirk to work - the one thing that he lacked by nature. This was the weakness that he mostly focused on, and those disks were supposed to take care of it, for they were able to create heat even in cold environments. They can overheat, but that should not be a problem with Shirizu absorbing the heat.

His forearms were clad in hard rubber, gaps in-between the plates of hard-rubber that donned each side of his forearm. Top, bottom, and both sides. These were used to 'squeeze out'  all the heat from Shirizu's forearms at once. A burst of heat. This supported his offensive power further. They were mechanically controlled as well! How? All Shirizu had to do was claw up his fingers and once all five fingers of the specific hand are bent, the hard-rubber plates squeeze against his forearm and shoot out all the air at once!

The color palette for this specific costume was: black, royal red, white.

"I don't like this." he said, but of course, he had to go through with it. There was no way that he would give up, not during the first day, and not ever. A subtle smirk appeared upon his face "Whoever puts us into the most disadvantageous situation the first day has a dark sense of humor." He was prepared for it, though. The costume that he wore made sure that he was prepared for it. The drawbacks put on him at this exam were lowered by his costume. But that aside, he still had his signature basketball in his hand. He just brought one everywhere he went, for he never knew when it could be useful.

With a simple strike towards it, he dribbled it on the floor for now. He turned to look towards the other person upon the platform. The person he had to collaborate with if he wanted to achieve victory. As the sound of dribbling resounded, Shirizu spoke up. "So, what is your Quirk? I don't remember seeing you at the exam. I'd rather know the full extent of your Quirk before I think you're better than you actually are."

Shirizu Yamamoto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masaru Hara on Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:38 pm

"Tch." A light hint of annoyance sparked from the boy as he stared at the barrier keeping them from entering their stadium. The fifteen minutes prep time were obviously a gracious gift, partnering with a stranger required some sort of exchange of information in most situations, and this was obviously no different. However, waiting a whole fifteen minutes to wait for a door to open? It would be so easy- Literally with a snap of his fingers- To just open it up and get a hell of a head start. But something like that would probably break all kinds of rules, or at the very least invalidate their exam. Typically, such a thing would not be in his nature. However, the issue was a lack of knowledge regarding what their battling conditions would be. His eyes nearly burned a hole through the doors as he racked his brain through what Avner had said while explaining the exam. No where was it mentioned entering the stadium before the 15 minute timer was up was against the rules. That being said, there were hardly any defined rules to begin with aside from 'no serious injuries.' Would they fault someone with x-ray vision for gathering information ahead of time? No, probably not. Depending on what the battlefield looked like, not only could a plethora of information be gathered, but it'd be easier to conceive an effective plan. The idea became increasingly enticing as he continued to draw up excuses as to how he could get away with it. But there was an important piece of the equation missing.

His emerald orbs scanned the room to locate his partner for this assessment. First impression? The guy really liked pockets. Other than that there wasn't much to be said right off the bat. It's not like he was in a position to judge, in his current attire. Well, no point in prolonging the inevitable. With that thought in mind, Kaito approached the white haired male, extending a hand out for a shake. "I'm Kaito Locke, it's nice to meet you, I hope we can get along." First things first were introductions, there was no need to be rude. Not only would they be cooperating for this exam, but they'd also be classmates for who knows how long. This hero in training knew better than most what a negative classroom environment could do to someone, and he wanted no more of that. His entrance into U.A. was supposed to be the heralding of a new age where he could get along with his peers on an equal level. There was no way he was going to forsake such a lifestyle right off the bat.

Whether the handshake was reciprocated or not, he'd go on to explain his quirk and his mildly devious idea. The plan had a chance to get them both in trouble, and if they weren't down with that then he wouldn't risk it. "My quirk," he'd begin, "is the ability to open things. If that sounds vague it's because, well, it is, honestly." He'd point downwards to the ground with one hand and snap his fingers with the other. The point which Renault's attention was being dragged to would then form a small hole, negligible enough that it wouldn't cause issues with whoever built the place. "Obviously I can make holes bigger than that, but you get the point." As though making an elevator pitch, he continued onward, motioning his head towards the door keeping them from the stadium. "Teach never mentioned whether it'd be against the rules to enter the stadium ahead of time. We don't have to do anything to the flag if we have it, or even if we don't, but I'd like to get an idea of the layout. I can open that door for us, but I can't close it afterwards, which is where the risk comes in." The boy then turned his head to look for surveillance cameras of some sort. Whether they were visible or not, there was little evidence to suggest they wouldn't exist. "If we need an excuse then it's pretty easy to play it off as having been the right thing to do." He paused, letting that all sink in.

"I'll leave it as your call to make." A light shrug. Regardless of whatever they decided on here, messing with the flag was more than he was willing to do, so they still needed a game plan. "If we don't start with the flag, I don't know how we're going to get our hands on it. But, if we do, I can use my quirk to open up a hole just big enough for it to fit into so they can't get it out."
Masaru Hara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Rhetoric on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:26 am

Spoiler:

@Masaru Hara wrote:"Tch." A light hint of annoyance sparked from the boy as he stared at the barrier keeping them from entering their stadium. The fifteen minutes prep time were obviously a gracious gift, partnering with a stranger required some sort of exchange of information in most situations, and this was obviously no different. However, waiting a whole fifteen minutes to wait for a door to open? It would be so easy- Literally with a snap of his fingers- To just open it up and get a hell of a head start. But something like that would probably break all kinds of rules, or at the very least invalidate their exam. Typically, such a thing would not be in his nature. However, the issue was a lack of knowledge regarding what their battling conditions would be. His eyes nearly burned a hole through the doors as he racked his brain through what Avner had said while explaining the exam. No where was it mentioned entering the stadium before the 15 minute timer was up was against the rules. That being said, there were hardly any defined rules to begin with aside from 'no serious injuries.' Would they fault someone with x-ray vision for gathering information ahead of time? No, probably not. Depending on what the battlefield looked like, not only could a plethora of information be gathered, but it'd be easier to conceive an effective plan. The idea became increasingly enticing as he continued to draw up excuses as to how he could get away with it. But there was an important piece of the equation missing.

His emerald orbs scanned the room to locate his partner for this assessment. First impression? The guy really liked pockets. Other than that there wasn't much to be said right off the bat. It's not like he was in a position to judge, in his current attire. Well, no point in prolonging the inevitable. With that thought in mind, Kaito approached the white haired male, extending a hand out for a shake. "I'm Kaito Locke, it's nice to meet you, I hope we can get along." First things first were introductions, there was no need to be rude. Not only would they be cooperating for this exam, but they'd also be classmates for who knows how long. This hero in training knew better than most what a negative classroom environment could do to someone, and he wanted no more of that. His entrance into U.A. was supposed to be the heralding of a new age where he could get along with his peers on an equal level. There was no way he was going to forsake such a lifestyle right off the bat.

Whether the handshake was reciprocated or not, he'd go on to explain his quirk and his mildly devious idea. The plan had a chance to get them both in trouble, and if they weren't down with that then he wouldn't risk it. "My quirk," he'd begin, "is the ability to open things. If that sounds vague it's because, well, it is, honestly." He'd point downwards to the ground with one hand and snap his fingers with the other. The point which Renault's attention was being dragged to would then form a small hole, negligible enough that it wouldn't cause issues with whoever built the place. "Obviously I can make holes bigger than that, but you get the point." As though making an elevator pitch, he continued onward, motioning his head towards the door keeping them from the stadium. "Teach never mentioned whether it'd be against the rules to enter the stadium ahead of time. We don't have to do anything to the flag if we have it, or even if we don't, but I'd like to get an idea of the layout. I can open that door for us, but I can't close it afterwards, which is where the risk comes in." The boy then turned his head to look for surveillance cameras of some sort. Whether they were visible or not, there was little evidence to suggest they wouldn't exist. "If we need an excuse then it's pretty easy to play it off as having been the right thing to do." He paused, letting that all sink in.

"I'll leave it as your call to make." A light shrug. Regardless of whatever they decided on here, messing with the flag was more than he was willing to do, so they still needed a game plan. "If we don't start with the flag, I don't know how we're going to get our hands on it. But, if we do, I can use my quirk to open up a hole just big enough for it to fit into so they can't get it out."

The idea of a grace period of 15 whole minutes was indeed as calming as it was enough to push one over the edge; anticipation, nausea, and even adrenaline all lined behind ready to make that little shove. Thanks. I guess. A myriad of twists and turns, steeps and slopes, you name it shoved within a tiny room that had little more to physically offer than a place to sit.  Perhaps this waiting period was part of the test too, one would think. Cameras noting each individual movement, each little squirm a student makes as they consider the opportunity of the unknown. A mere flinch in a waiting room could lead to disaster in the real world. Were things like that being considered? They had to be. This was U.A. Unless that's the mentality they wanted to you to perform in, they had all recently been accepted after all, right? Why make it chock full of trials from the jump?

["Im Kaito Locke-]

Come again? Right, there was someone else here. He forgot. Or rather, 'forgot' wasn't the right word, Renault's head was a scramble with the aforementioned he had merely neglected to make his own introduction to his partner in this test. The detective... Magician.. Thief? Whatever he was had took the initiative, and made a full introduction and even went as far to extend his hand out to the seventeen year old. Though this action did little to speak to Ren, even if not noticiable, a delay still came. Though this was no size up or some sort of show of a lack of manners it was decidedly when he had entered the room and took that first note of Kaito he did not give off the vibe of someone who would 'introduce and shake someone's hand' unprovoked. Something about his expression seemed happily distant, not that this was a bad thing. This was someone he was going to (probably) get to know over the course of his career at U.A. so why he'd start with a bad impression would be beyond common sense. He'd meet Kaito's extended arm and return the gesture and though his voice was quiet it rang above someone murmuring, giving the immediate impression that Ren himself was someone who actively spoke little be it for whatever reason. "Renault. Or Ren." He'd woven his own name into the handshake, as to not disturb the flow of any conversation the other might be trying to stir. Of which a  good decision evident by how he'd go to explain his quirk.

'So Locke's quirk unlocks things?' Wow. He'd keep that thought to himself.

The description of the quirk finished and the immediate thought to reach Ren's head was of how unfortunate it was for the two of them to be partnered together in this 'combat' exercise, as neither honestly had a truly offensive quirk it only added to the list of doubts Ren held before the conversation started. The offer proposed to him was inherently what one might define as 'cheating' or 'wrong'.  And while Ren was trying to change himself for the better by attending U.A. quite frankly, its hard to reinvent yourself in such a short span of time. And the other fact of the matter was he grew up stealing things, so this sort of 'misbehavior' was the sort of activity Ren could respect the dangers of - but still get behind. "I'm game."

"Like. If you think about it, there's only few cases in the real world this could translate into as a actual hero, right? This is basically a hostage situation and we need to make the most effective of our time whilst using the least amount of time available. I don't think anyone outside is gonna wait 15 minutes to beat up someone they kidnapped, right? Besides, like you said, they didn't specifically make a rule against it. And 15 whole minutes seems odd for us to formulate some kind of strategy with no actual information on what the inside of the stadium is like. I know we can't go into every situation with every outlier known, but going in there blind as a bat isn't exactly going to bring about anything either."

He's really burning some meter on his 'Speech' super.

"--Also, there's a means for us to obtain the flag if its within my line of vision. My quirk, y'see.." A very miniscule movement with his right hand's middle finger released one of the bean-bag esque pouches attached to the same sleeve. And in the same moment he also removed his right shoe with his left foot. His eyes trailed ever so slightly to the pouch and if his partner in crime mirrored, would eventually have to come to the realization that in that same hand was the shoe rather than the pouch, with the latter now in the former's position on the floor. It wasn't as if the pouch had started to fade or vanish either, merely as if Kaito had blinked and the two objects had been in different positions.  "Is a trade. If there are objects within my line of vision, I can essentially swap one for the other. There's some limitations like I have to swap an 'entire' object, so I can' just split something in half, with a couple exceptions like an apple from a tree. Though the object closer to me is automatically designated as 'Target 1' and if it weighs less than the other target then my quirk really drains me, in simple terms."

"It's why you see all of these pockets on my costume." A very quick, but sly, grin escaped the typically stoic face. "I need objects in order for my quirk to work and while its not hard to make something up, I can do some cool things with the right tools. That said it's not exactly a combat quirk so without the 'gadgets' I have on me I only have my own talents and anyone here could tell you how much of a dice roll that is when it comes to fighting another quirk user. I mean if you have some questions you can shoot, but we only have 15 minutes so we can talk while we're looking into this little stadium."

That's alot of meter.
Strange Rhetoric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masaru Hara on Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:14 am

Under normal circumstances, Renault's initial observation of the brown haired boy would have been spot on. In any other situation, there was little chance the young Locke would have exchanged words with his elder by 1 year. For instance, not a word was exchanged between him and any of his fellow peers during the entrance exam. That was a solo examination, after all. More than anything else, it was a competition. But this time it was oh so very different. Cooperation was key here, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Despite the slight pause, it was a weight off Kaito's chest to have the handshake returned, for a number of reasons. First of all he didn't look like a dumbass, trying to introduce himself to a brick wall. Second, his partner was willing to cooperate. Last thing he needed was an arrogant dickhead who thought they could get this done on their own without issue. It didn't go unnoticed that Ren seemed to keep to himself, so whether returning the handshake was begrudging or not was entirely irrelevant- His teammate was intelligent enough to realize they had to be buddy buddy for a bit, and that was of the utmost importance. Renault, though, huh? It was fairly obvious from his appearance, but it was made abundantly clear that his partner likely wasn't of Japanese descent- Neat.

Better yet, though? They weren't a zealot of some sort. It'd be clear to anyone that his pre-game plan was one that'd be frowned upon. Had he been paired with some kind of by-the-books class representative character, it probably would've been shut down without hesitation. On top of that he'd probably be scolded, too. Such trivial things were possibilities the teen had considered for whatever reason, and they were easily cast into the wind with a simple two words.

["I'm game."]

"Dope." A light utterance, but likely loud enough for Ren, who was in close enough proximity, to have heard. The plan was just out of character enough to give him a rush of adrenaline. This was what being a hero was about, wasn't it? Doing what it took to save those in need, going beyond the limits imposed onto you. 'Plus Ultra,' as they say. Of course, no such dire situation was being presented to them, but regardless, the assumed foreign boy succeeded in following up on that very same train of thought. For a hero course, a game of capture the flag fell into very few real life situations. The easiest to relate it to would definitely be a hostage situation. Whoever started with the flag were the 'villains,' and those tasked with retrieving it were the 'heroes.' That being said, while a hero would certainly rush into such a situation even when blind if no other options were available, they weren't in such a bad spot. They had other options to lean on. Scouting ahead and obtaining any information possible was simply the smartest course of action, and couldn't be faulted. Especially not by a pro hero. Should they be reprimanded for their actions here, they definitely had a solid enough excuse to, if nothing else, leave themselves with peace of mind.

Kaito was fully ready to open the lid of Pandora's box then and there, but there was something important to tend to still. His partner's potential remained a complete mystery. Luckily, it wasn't one that required much digging to find the answer to. The boy certainly started with a strong hook, too. A confident declaration. A method of obtaining the flag, the thing Kaito was worried most about, was already being presented. This planning stage thing was going swimmingly. The brunette paid close attention to the demonstration, as though watching a street magician's trick. A stranger's quirk was always a spectacle to the teen, considering he'd viewed his own as something to be laughed at for so long. The true magic began when the boy produced a bean bag and his shoe. What kind of majesty was about to unfold here? And was it something stupidly specific or- As he rambled on in his mind needlessly, a change occurred. One that took a second to process, but certainly didn't go unnoticed. The position of the items differed. No, to be exact, they were swapped.

The Locke's right hand rose up to his forehead, his fingers beginning to toy with the frontal locks of his hair. That bad habit of his again. A sign that he was absorbing the information being given to him and rapidly formulating ideas to make the most use out of it. The most glaring flaw of their team composition was made immediately apparent. The two both possessed 'utility' quirks, essentially. Neither of them were suited for combat, not inherently at least. While they both had their uses in the heat of action, if there were a god of quirks up above, he or she likely didn't mean for these powers to be used in a violent fashion. Teaming up two seemingly anti-social students who both had quirks with little relative combat potential- Their teacher had a sense of humor. Not a good one, but still. The numerous questions he had were stacking up, but a rather fair point was made. Time was short. Walking and talking would be most beneficial.

With not another word, Kaito rose one of his hands and rubbed the tips of his middle finger and thumb together, resulting in a sharp sound resonating throughout their waiting room. The kid had a powerful snap. As though the sound had a will of its own that it was now imposing upon the door, whatever systems were at work whirred and caused their barrier to entry to part a good more than 10 minutes early. It was go time. The sight they were met with wasn't a very pleasant one, by most standards. The brunette personally liked the cold, but... A tundra. Nothing in sight but snow and ice. For 30 minutes this would be their battlefield- That complicated things quite a bit. Not only was there a lack of objects for Ren to utilize, but all of the participants in this battle were being given a disadvantage. The human body could only endure so much cold before it started to falter. Luckily, Kaito had a good few layers of clothing on. Who knew that'd come in handy.

Pocketing his hands, the boy walked forth to examine their immediate surroundings. No flag. They were on the offensive. With Ren's trading, that wasn't too bad. He closed his eyes for a moment as if bracing for something, and then proceeded forth. "I guess we should check how long it'll take us to reach the opposite side." He began to speak his thoughts aloud, a monologue of sorts. "A cold region.. Lack of items for you to use... I don't have many obstacles to work around..." True, they were being countered by the environment in their own ways, but why this specific temperature? Anyone would be dragged down by the cold, but they could've just as easily been thrown into a desert. It wasn't just him and Ren here. "Assuming this arena was made to affect our opponents as well," he nodded, as if confirming something with himself. "Their quirks could range from a few things, requiring their body to remain warm for one reason or another. If it were just a need for resources then they wouldn't have picked out this kind of climate. They might have a mutant type quirk that makes them susceptible to low temperatures, like that one plant girl." At the very least, they wouldn't be as surprised when their enemies came swinging at them with something hot. "That being said, I can't imagine any quirks like ours that would be hindered by the cold- They might be better attuned towards fighting than we are."

His emerald eyes directed themselves towards the ground, kicking up a small pile of snow, before looking towards the boy with equally white hair. "How does your quirk work on moving objects? Would you be able to swap the flag with something like a snowball?" The two questions sounded fairly odd when paired with one another. What was he cooking up in his mind? "Also, does it work on people? Can you swap two living beings? Or a living being and an object? If the flag is being held, does that stop your quirk from working on it? If so I can 'open' their 'closed' hand, so that's not much of a problem." The trip from entrance to entrance was about 5 minutes, meaning they only had roughly 5 minutes left. Assuming they continued to walk and talk, they could make it back in time to make this a fair exam. However...

"I don't want to tamper with the flag before this all starts, but... I'm thinking we plan an ambush. There's a high chance they'll be better in a fight than us. There's an equally high chance that they aren't going to like the cards they've been dealt. It's cold, if my deductions were correct, that probably doesn't mesh well with them. They might even panic for a moment since they'll be experiencing it for the first time. If we can take advantage of that split moment after the door opens and the exam officially starts, we can give ourselves a helluva lead."
Masaru Hara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down