[EVENT] - THE FIRST DAY - STADIUM THREE

Go down

[EVENT] - THE FIRST DAY - STADIUM THREE

Post by Shirii on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm

[Please only post in this thread if you are one of the four participants in this field:

Skye
Virtua
Yuri
Miguel]

Last edited by Shirii on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shirii
Admin

View user profile http://bnharoleplayig.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [EVENT] - THE FIRST DAY - STADIUM THREE

Post by Shirii on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Capture the flag, huh? An interesting game. Skye had expected more things along the lines of battle trials or challenges of old; but U.A. had a history of making challenges out of strange, innovative ideas or just fun games everyone knew the rules to. She stalked her way to the designated stadium, scoping out the competition. She noticed two others making their way to the stadium around the same time she did; likely her opponents. She had no full idea what they were capable of. Did it matter? Victory was what mattered. Proving herself was what mattered; testing her metal and succeeding in this exam, and in the greatest school heroes had ever known.

But perhaps the greatest school was testing her patience. She had with her the blithering and blabbering girl from before, who had seemingly recollected herself. First impressions often lied, Skye knew that well. Understimating her could prove her demise. Best to start clean. She raised her hand in a handshake, looking her up and down with scathing eyes. She knew nothing else than looking intimidating, but hoped to disprove her own first appearance with a hopefully warm introduction. "Hello, Virtua. My name is Skye Larisa." She nodded, before turning to face the stadium, but continuing to speak. To give a demonstration to her words, she swept her arm in a wide arc, and alongside her movement came a sheet of metal hidden in her costumes sleeves. She made it flicker in the air like paper in the wind, deftly moving it with her fingers and spinning it around her. She took pride in her movements, but didn't wish to show off; she simply wanted to show what she could do and be. "My Quirk is the ability to control metal. I can move it but not manipulate its shape or properties. I can only manipulate metal I have recently touched for at least five minutes, and then control it for ten minutes. Our opponents will likely interpret it to be telekinesis or something similar based on my past experiences. My costume is outfitted with a fair amount of metal sheets like this one, and metal blades which are hooked to the back of my costume. What's yours, Virtua?" She asked kindly, sighing. First meetings were always rough, and treading carefully around this girl even rougher. Should she upset or scare her like in the changing rooms, there was no hope for them in the event.

But some time later, Skye and Virtua headed into the arena side by side. Armed with plans and secrets they had quickly forged (and could only hope to follow through with) Skye made a few quick assessments of their situation. Primarily, that they had not started with the flag. They were on the offensive, but had to be careful in the face of the unknown. Secondly, that they were in some kind of underground bunker - something more akin to a basement, perhaps. Her eyes sweeped across the field, noting stairs at the other side of the room. Nodding to Virtua, she walked forwards, pushing down on the somewhat creaky stairs.

"Any ideas where they'd be? They're undoubtedly above us, but if we just charge in, we're asking for trouble," Skye muttered to Virtua, keeping quiet lest they be right in front of them. Skye hated many things in life and knew life had many challenges.

The thing she hated most of all was the unknown.
Shirii
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Yuri watched as Miguel all but collapsed in pain, and explained his situation. Barely holding back a groan, she said, "Well, that is a bit of an obstacle." In truth, she was cursing her bad luck. First stuck with this low scoring kid, and now she finds out he's in pain and can't even use his quirk? What rotten situation was she being forced into? Was this a handicap? She couldn't be challenged in a fair fight, so they had to saddle her with someone useless? 'Calm down. Deep breaths, Yuri, deep breaths," she told herself, taking a moment to cool off. "We can still make this work. We'll just might be at an ever so slight disadvantage. Nothing I- we, can't handle," she assured the boy, "we just have to play smart. Make sure we have the flag early, and play defensively so we never lose it. If we're lucky, our defenses will be enough to keep them away, and you'll never have to exert yourself." Though she spoke with confidence, she really was dreading what was to come. If they had to go on the offense, it might as well have been two against one, and while Yuri was confident she could take most of her classmates in a one-on-one, at least under ideal conditions, a two-on-one could give her some trouble.

She spent the remaining time thinking deeply about ways out of this situation, not finding any ideas worth voicing to Miguel, until Avner announced the beginning of the exam. Yuri sighed, then turned to Miguel, "Well, let's get this started I suppose. Just try not to over-exert yourself, and we'll see where things go," she said, then walked into the stadium. Yuri began analyzing their situation immediately. "Great," she groaned, "another big old room with no sunlight." She was starting to wonder if every exam was going to be this weighted against her, but this was no time to be whining. More importantly, it seemed they were starting with the flag. That was good. It meant they could be on the defensive from the start. There were stairs leading both upwards and downwards. Yuri cautiously stretched her neck up the ascending stairs, ready to retract it at a moment's notice should she spot danger, but that room seemed empty too. She saw no stairs leading up, leading her to think that that was the top floor.

Yuri hummed in thought, "If those drills of yours were working," she started, "we might be able to drill through the ceiling and let some more light in, then I'd have a lot more energy to use. We could try to same with the walls, but that could be awfully dangerous," she shook her head, "regardless, it doesn't matter if you can't actually get your quirk to work. But let me know if you suddenly feel up to it. That could be our ticket to victory." She walked over to the descending stairs, "If the top floor is up there, then our opponents must be down this way. Seems like it's in our best interest to wait for them to come to us and use the high ground to our advantage. Unless we could set up some traps for them? All that matters is that we have the flag after thirty minutes. If we could just delay them a little bit, that'd certainly help."

It irritated Yuri that she didn't know Vivi or Skye's quirks, or their abilities in general. It made planning for them very difficult. They just had to work with what they had. "Our last option is to try to take them by surprise. Catch them on the way up and repel them before they ever have a chance to get to the flag in the first place. But in your condition, that seems a bit dangerous. What do you think?" Yuri was starting to feel a bit better about the situation. It wasn't a great situation, still, but being able to think and strategize, even just a little bit, gave her some peace of mind.
TrueLily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:46 am

Had Skye taken this with a different approach, Vivi would have been left a much worse nervous mess than she is already. But thankfully, getting a warm welcome helped ease her into working with a total stranger. Being mindful of the woman's sizing her up, the heiress tentatively shook her hand while keeping a small smile, showing relief. Even better since the one glimpse she got of the metal-controlling heroine in the changing rooms was... well, a bit terrifying with the exaggerated imagine of a disgusted scowl. It wasn't nearly that bad, but it was in the world of a timid, paranoid maiden. Asking for patience would be too much, so Vivi was grateful Skye was giving her time at all to settle. This led the girl to be able to gauge the quirk shown-off before her eyes, witnessing the length of metal unveil itself from a sleeve, whisking it about like a sort of magic trick by pretty, girlish digits orchestrating their movements... It was very much like a quirk she was already familiar with actually, but was far different in concept from the explanation.

"Five minutes..." Repeating this out loud, it was obvious she figured that was a rather lengthy amount of time to activate the ability. It was reasonable, given the possibilities, but still could prove to be a hindrance in the heat of the moment. Thankfully, control for ten minutes on top of the prerequisites not being transparent meant she was right: first glances would deduce telekinesis and nothing further. Skye's costume was designed with functionality in mind, as opposed to Virtua's being mainly aesthetic. It was interesting to see and noted: "That's a potent ability..."

Shame Vivi had to bring her own quirk to the talent show too. "... E-Erm..." It was regrettable, yet being here at U.A. meant she would have to overcome the discomfort of people knowing the power linked to the grotesque scar. "Well..." Fighting through the shyness attempting to bring the conversation to a choked silence, the girl removed her white glove, rolled up a sleeve and equipped herself with her favorite razor, despite having a sheathed sword on hand. "It-... It's h-hard to explain, b-but..." Gritting her teeth and wincing, the metal ripped the wound open, blood gushing outward only for the flow to be redirected to her arm akin to a large water fountain. From her dainty digits to her upper forearm did her flesh turn black, hardened with a look matching a genuine blade as her hand topped it off by forming the edge's tip. Waving the sword outward, it sliced at the wind while making its transformation known. "I can use this... It's kind of like a regular sword..." There was a bit more to it than that but Vivi was very much against going into the history of the quirk or explaining its capabilities of super moves she barely understood herself. "I can sometimes make it... r-really big and swing with it for a big attack..." Utility-wise, it sounded unimpressive in comparison and she herself was instinctively downplaying its power because of her natural personality.

Though, it could still prove useful next to a ranged quirk, couldn't it?

Reverting her arm to its fleshy state and quickly pulling down her sleeve while fixing on her glove, she was worried the swiftness of the cover up gave hint to the insecurities surrounding it. Unfortunately, it was a bit blatant already, she feared. Hopefully Skye wouldn't ask... "A-Also, about our opponents... I don't know them that well but I know a little about-"

Avner's signal rang throughout to begin, which cut her off and made her panic, scrambling to get her thoughts out in order to form a plan. "Bwah! I-I know a little about Miguel! From the entrance exam!" ... It took her a second to follow up and realize Skye's name wasn't on the list for those to finished the exam. "U-Uh... H-His quirk lets him do something like mine I-I think... He can turn his hand into a d-drill...? Or maybe it's his whole arm, I d-... I don't remember, I'm sorry."

This information could end up being useful, and they had multiple plans of attack. They also had varying means of defense through Skye's unique ability and Vivi's access to super moves that can turn the tide of battle instantly. So, after some time of plotting and Vivi catching her breath, they went inside the structure and the darkness immediately left her shaking like a leaf. Someone could just blow in her direction and she'd likely fall over or flee. Wide-eyed and maintaining a wavy smirk, Vivi faked bravado as best she could until her teammate brought up the situation. Within the confines of some sort of basement, the flag was nowhere in sight meaning they were the aggressors, which was perfectly fit for their skills. This also meant that their adversaries probably didn't start here, so no threat of an ambush from the unseen void at this level. "H-Hmm?" A muffled humming as the ponytailed heroine needed to get a hold of herself, taking a few deep breaths after accepting they wouldn't be attacked here. "Well... Um... I-It's too dark down here, so I don't think they're close by... A-At least, I'd a-assume we start far from each other..." Vivi stuttered like a frightened rabbit, her breathing still a bit unsteady. "Above would be my guess... though, we don't really know the layout of this building..." Speaking in a hushed tone, the heiress whispered while trying to come to her own conclusions. "Charging in is reckless, yet it's hard to come up with an approach if we don't know our options... Maybe we could... s-... scout?" That was a good plan, right? By the fierce clutching of her sheathed sword, she sure pleaded with Deku above that it wasn't stupid sounding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Called upon by Apollo, scarlet champion Tyr had quietly entered the vicinity; arrival announced only by the light tapping of her armored boots to the floor. Unlike the casual outing from days ago, the war goddess had donned her red jacket, straps holding it together to bring about her full hero costume, sans the flag she often carried about. Interest in her sister was obvious and that was why she went out of her way to watch how those around Vivi reacted instead, also watching out for the other stadiums to help ease the load from her co-worker's shoulders. Standing proud, yet daunting as a fierce presence above, her arms folded and a crimson gaze was shot out.

"I want to see the lights of promise shine in this half hour." Gladia spoke poetically and resolutely.
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:57 am

After telling his teammate the condition he was in, basically letting Yuri know how it made him even more useless that he would've been under normal circumstances, Miguel didn't expect a particularly friendly response. After all, it was an important exam in the important U.A. Academy. The young man closed his eyes, waiting for a scolding that never came. In fact, the plant girl told him they could still make it work and it was nothing they couldn't handle. This was a surprise, given that the girl actually let out a groan before commenting on how an obstacle that was. And of course, that was an understatement. She then explained that their best bet was to get the flag early and go defensive; with enough luck, they could keep both Virtua and Skye at bay and he wouldn't have to exert himself too much.

However, Miguel wasn't happy with that line of thinking at all. That's the part he feared the most after hearing how the exam would play out. The only person he wanted to drag down during his time at U.A. was him (But he also prefered not to). It wasn't her fault that he would happen experience a series of unfortunate events the weeks before and the same day of the exam. Yuri could've been acting nice so that he wouldn't worry (Or so that she wouldn't collapse under the pressure of carrying with him the whole test), but her face sure told something different. The young man knew it pretty well; it was too similar to the face his parents made when he told them that he wanted to be a hero instead of having a work in the family business.

Because of this, he found nothing else to do than to remain silent, ashamed by his lack of contributions to the team, while Yuri spent her time thinking about possible strategies they could follow, or at least thats what he thought. It was obvious none of them managed to come up with anything remotely worth sharing with the other as the silence remained until a voice announced the beginning of the exam, followed by the entrance to the stadium opening. With both a sigh and a reminder to not over-exert himself coming from the plant girl, Miguel followed his teammate into the building, finding himself in some kind of big and old empty room with stairs leading both upwards and downwards. It was obvious just by looking that this stage would demand a lot from Yuri as it didn't have any single source of natural light available. She even commented on it, accompanied by a completely justified groan.

Upon a longer inspection the team found out that the flag was with them on the same floor, and that meant that they would be able to use the defensive approach Yuri was hoping for from the beginning. While the girl approached the stairs, Miguel took his time to get close to the nearest wall and touch it along with the floor. Just like in the entrance exam, the young man was interested in seeing how strong the structure they were in actually was. The whole idea of bringing down the structure on top of them strongly reminded him of his worst childhood accident. However, he didn't knew if he would get to use his Quirk at all. The pain in his body showed no sign to stop any time soon, so he had no choice but to be prepared and endure it a little longer. He then turned back to Yuri, who was returning from checking the top floor with her cool bout also weird-looking neck-stretching abilities granted by her Quirk. '... Cool' He muttered under his breath.

After commenting on how they could use his drills to make a hole in the ceiling and let some light in so she could gather more energy to sue, noting how dangerous it would be if they tried that with the walls, Yuri then approached the stairs leading to the lower floor. Miguel joined her while listening to her explanation on how obvious it was that, as the floor on top of them was in fact the last floor of the building, the enemy team had to be waiting on any of the lower floors. With this in mind, she started to discuss two strategies they could follow after taking to account, well, everything. They could either wait for them and use the high ground to their favor, or set some traps for them along the way, even though it requiered for them to get to the lower floors first. She noted in the end, all that mattered was that they still had the flag after the 30 minutes mark of the exam. However, it would've been nice if they had a way to delay them.

Miguel was ready to give his opinion, still embarrased about how his situation could hurt the team's performance, but Yuri went to mention a third plan they could also use - Take them by surprise. However, as they both knew, it could present a danger to them given his actual condition. When the plant girl asked for his opinion, the young man remained silent for a couple of seconds. Just a couple; that was all he needed to think a little bit more clearly. 'I think...'. Stopping mid-sentence to change to voice that could inspire confidence in his companion, he let out the rest of his opinion. 'I think our best chance is to either wait for them or take them by surprise, but I prefer the former if you ask me. I also thought about drilling through the ceiling. It's not a bad idea, but...' He said while looking up. '... But I don't think it could really work for us. The walls and floor seem to be firm. Not like the walls on the maze of the entrance exam, but they're firm nonetheless. This is nice for me, but not for what we might need later. I don't know how much time it would take me to make a hole of a significant size. I think that every second we have is precious'.

'Also...'. Looking quite tense and nervous, all of this thanks to both his condition and his trip down memory lane to the first day he used his Quirk, Miguel walked towards the flag. 'As long as there's the risk of collapsing the whole building on us, I prefer to leave that as a last resort. And when I say last, I mean last'. He circled through the base of the flag, before finally sitting down next to it. 'You know, I think that...' He tried to say this with his confident voice, but he couldn't. He knew that Yuri wasn't completely happy with him being his partner, and that nearly all her kind words were more like a professional courtesy than anything. However, he still wanted to let her know that he would do anything in his power for the team. But in the end... '... Forget it'. He couldn't do it. He settled for the next best thing, however.

'L-Let's do our best, p-partner!!' He said, with enough enthusiasm to mask his pain. 'I-I won't let you down! I... I promise!!'. That was corny as hell, judging by how red he was after realizing what he just said, but it was the best he could do for now. He even covered his face a little just to not let her see how much he was blushing. He then decided that, before letting any kind of awkward silence fill the room, Miguel followed... Whatever the hell that was with an important question. 'Huh, you think it would be a good idea carry the flag with us?'.

Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Skye and Virtua had a plan that they intended to complete - to bring to fruition. Skye's eyes narrowed as she scanned their surroundings, quickly heading up the stairs. On the new floor, her eyes sweeped across the floor. She saw nothing out of the ordinary. The floor was mostly empty save for a few desks here and there which could certainly house danger. But they couldn't get distracted; they had to move. Their advantage came from what Skye hated most; the unknown. Their opponents lacked knowledge on both of them just as they lacked knowledge on Yuri and Miguel. But unlike them, they lacked the flag. A swift and resolute offensive was needed most to ensure their chances of winning; time for them to set traps or scout the area before them was time wasted.

Swift and fast, but never once rushing in to danger. Skye would check first, popping a head through carefully. Her more ranged capabilities - the lack of power in her Quirk compared to Vivi's resulting in more versatility - made her a better candidate should there be someone on the other side. Together they progressed through the labyrinth of the floors, making their way through in an ultimately rather uneventful scenario. But this time when Skye was moments before setting foot on the first few stairs; light chatter. What was undoubtedly noise in what had been a bone-chillingly quiet area. But for all the terrors and suspense of raw silence, it paled in comparison to the fear when she heard those voices. Did they know they were here? She had no time to hesitate. They were on the floor below with one standing guard on the stairs - of course they would do that. Now their plan was in motion.

Turning her attention back to Vivi, she kept herself quiet as could be, and motioned for Vivi to do the same with a finger on her own lips. Then, she took a careful step forwards around that corner again, and readied one of her thin sheets of metal. Holding it between two fingers, she felt her Quirk make it suddenly lighter than air, the presence and force of it apparent in her mind. A quiet and steady breath readied herself; and then it soared and cut through the air with force and precision, using her Quirks manipulation aspect to subtly adjust both the speed and trajectory to better her chances of hitting. She aimed in the vague and general direction of Yuri, what had looked like her shoulder before quickly doubling back around the corner. It was both a warning shot intended to scare her off - or if they were lucky truly take her by surprise - and a signal for Vivi to head in and fight.

With Skye waiting in the wings, keeping her Quirk and style in the dark for as long as possible, she would offer support and cover for Virtua before it was time to head in and show what she could truly do. Stage one of their plan; playing up their strengths and nullifying their downfalls. Catch Yuri and Miguel off guard and they'd win this thing easily.

She doubted it'd be that easy.
Shirii
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:29 am

Vivi may not have been calculating as much as Skye seemed to be, yet had little trouble following along with the obvious on how her partner is more suited for the dicey situation before them. Being melee-ranged without a super move, Skye's long-ranged capabilities were far better tailored for scouting. This was critical when the enemy had the height advantage on top of potential time to set disruptions had they not been moving quickly. Fortunately, the heiress' timid nature made sure she never ran ahead of said scout and followed any given directions for hiding and stealthily traversing the dark in silence.

Just as the metal-controlling heroine heard talking, it didn't go unnoticed by Vivi's ears as the swordswoman tensed up with fright, holding her breath in fear of blowing their cover and messing up what would soon come. The duo had a handful of plans for offense and it just so happened their quirks complimented one another in a unique way suited for the necessity to ambush. Quietly unsheathing the blade gifted by her grandfather, Virtua ripped at her scar as best she could with a hushed gasp, feeling her free arm transform into Bladelength while holding the sword in the other hand.

And as soon as they were both ready, the die was cast. Skye let loose the opening fanfare, letting manipulated metal rip through the wind and blast toward what was presumably Yuri's position. With this signal, the heiress pressed the sole of her shoe firmly into the ground, letting it thunder alongside hastened footsteps that followed, rocketing up the stairs and dual-wielding. Skye's metal supporting Vivi's charge, she felt like the image of her elder sister for a moment with numerous swords behind her and one in hand. Even if it was two, it was close enough to make her feel confident that it was convincing.

A fierce countenance, fear was choked down through a rigid gulp. Gritting her teeth, Virtua dashed skyward with hopes of being able to immediately attack her foes, getting them out of the way for the flag as the details of this scheme flashed in mind one more time: Yuri's quirk was mostly unknown, despite seeing it was an obvious mutation-type. Miguel's however, Vivi had seen in action, which helped ease her into fighting: she at last had some idea of her enemies' abilities while they knew very little about her own, let alone Skye's.

"Hiyaaaa!" A valiant war cry resounded.
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily on Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:29 am

Yuri nodded along with Miguel's assessment. The risk of bringing the building down on top of them was a little too great for Yuri's tastes, and drilling a hole in the wall would be pushing that risk far too much. While the ceiling was a safe bet, she had to agree that there was still a risk, and they didn't know how long it could take. She trusted Miguel's claim that the walls were pretty firm, and it might take him a while to get through them, so it might not be worth trying unless they absolutely needed to. Besides, it almost seemed like Miguel had some sort of baggage regarding the subject. It wasn't really worth exploring now. Bringing up memories could only cause unnecessary problems in the middle of an exam like this.

Yuri chuckled at Miguel's corny attempt at being enthusiastic, "Yeah, let's," she agreed. "You won't let me down? We'll see. I sure hope you're right about that," she thought cynically. The kid was enthusiastic, that was certainly a plus, but time would only tell if he was actually going to be of much help. "I don't think carrying the flag with us will be much help," Yuri answered his question, "it'll only get in the way if we have to fight, and as long as we're blocking the way, they won't be able to get to it. We should only hold onto the flag if they take it first, and then we should get it back here so we can have full use of our limbs," she explained, "For now, I'll stand guard here for when they come. You stay back for now, and once they come, we can battle it out on the stairs. Use our height advantage for as long as we have it."

As Yuri stood guard at the top of the stairs, she had begun to wonder how long it would take their foes to reach them. She peered down the stairs, waiting for the slightest hint of movement from below. Finally, it seemed her vigilance was met with a response. A tiny, insignificant flash of motion, just around the corner, but it was enough. Immediately after Yuri's mind managed to register this tiny movement, a flash of metal flew up at her with immense speed, giving her only enough time to barely turn her body in reaction. The metal tore through her shoulder, making a shallow cut as it passed, Yuri having been too slow to dodge completely. But there were more pressing matters at hand. With a loud cry, little Vivi was ascending the stairs, holding a sword in one hand, with her other arm seemingly having transformed into some kind of sword itself. Yuri swore under her breath, and while her body was still turned parallel to the stairs, extended her uninjured arm out in Vivi's direction. At the last instant, her arm split in two, one vine aiming to tackle the sword the girl held and pry it from her hands, slamming it against the wall, the other trying to trip her by wrapping around her ankle and pulling her back down the stairs.

"Look alive, Miguel, we've got company!" Yuri shouted to her partner without turning her head.
TrueLily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Skye had been planning to stay back and support her teammate from range with the advantages of her Quirk for a while longer - yet upon the realization of just what Yuri could be capable of and the fact her teammate was likely rapidly closing in, such a feat seemed largely impossible all of a sudden. The last thing she needed was Vivi incapacitated leaving her two versus one. But she wasn't quite ready to give up the advantage of her Quirk being unknown - especially when the true capabilities of Miguel's Quirk were still unknown. She made her decision.

Firing off a few more sheets of metal in the direction of Yuri, she quickly repositioned herself on the other side of the stairwell when Yuri would hopefully be distracted by both her shots and Vivi charging at her. Two vines were charging at Vivi faster than Skye could really do anything about - they'd be Vivi's business as planned. Until they found out more about Miguel, they would stick to their plan as much as possible. And for Skye, that meant taking a deep breath, and diving in - just a little sooner than expected.

Firing off another sheet of metal towards Yuri to give herself an opening, Skye soared into the battlefield, holding two curved blades in her hands - ones she'd carefully retrieved from her hero costume prior, just out of sight so as to not give away any signs to her Quirk. She dived in with speed and focus, elegantly jumping and flipping over Vivi to surprise her opponents. As she flew, she fired one last shot at the vines firing down towards her partner. Landing on a step two steps below Yuri, she attempted to abuse the element of surprise - and the constant barrage of her ranged attacks - to aim a few wild slashes with her sword, aimed more at distracting her. "Cover me!" She yelled to Vivi - just as planned. Vivi could handle Yuri for now and Skye would match Miguel. She was out of her sheets now, having expended the six in her arsenal. Unless she reclaimed them with her Quirk, she'd have no choice but to match Miguel in close combat. For now, she'd do that - and attempt to reclaim the sheets in the confusion of battle.

Drills, huh? Time to see what they could do. She slipped up the stairs past Yuri, who with any luck would be distracted by Vivi and unable to restrain her - but just in case, Skye kept an anxious eye on the plant girl whenever she could afford to, wary of any stray vines reaching towards her feet. But as a nimble and natural dancer, she always kept light on her toes regardless. She walked forwards, wielding two ornate blades and peered down Miguel. He was next to her objective - the flag. As expected, they'd be doing things the hard way.

Skye had learned one thing from her previous battles - always strike first, and without warning. Manipulating the blade in her right hand, she threw it forward like a javelin, adjusting its speed and aim towards his arm the same way she had with the prior sheets - but subtly enough it wouldn't be obvious to any untrained eye. And certainly not obvious at all when they had to factor in that now the stubborn girl was charging them down with her remaining blade that she quickly shifted to her right hand. She'd come out on top. She'd make sure of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 am

In the end, Miguel decided to stay as close as possible to the flag while Yuri stood guard at the top of the stairs. Despite being him the one who gave the idea, he had to agree with his teammate that carrying the flag around would likely end up being a burden for them if they had to fight, so they decided to resort to that only if the opponent team managed to take it. And, as she also mentioned, blocking the way would likely prevent them from doing so. Those were the roles they decided

Time passed and the young man, just like his teammate, started wondering how long it would take the other team to reach them. Looking at how precious these seconds were, he decided to finish calming his mind and, well, work on a mean face to put on. A fight was surely coming up and he wasn't someone adept to combat, being totally honest. Not being able to fully control a transformed arm reduced severely his already low ability to fight, if he even has something remotely similar to begin with, given that he usually used his free hand to keep it still. He couldn't find a way around it during his training camp of hell with his sister during the weeks before classes started, so he had to be extremely careful today.

Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, some kind of metal sheet flew through Yuri's shoulder, obviously wounding her. With a quite slow reaction, Miguel turned towards his teammate while a loud battle cry resounded on the backgroud, only to see her launching a vine attack with her uninjured arm towards her presumed attacker and probably the source of said cry. 'Look alive, Miguel' She shouted at him. 'We've got company!'. The young man responded by running towards her, grabbing his right arm with his left hand in preparation to use his drill and admiring how fast his teammate reacted. However, he couldn't shake the feeling that he'd heard the voice coming from the stairs before. In the few seconds it took him to get close he saw how Yuri was subjected to a barrage of attacks from the enemy team, accompanied by a distinctive 'Cover me!' coming from a different voice. If Miguel didn't feel a sense of urge, now he was feeling it. He started to run even faster than before, but he was forced to stop as he saw how one of the attackers slip past Yuri, carrying blades of interesting design in both of her hands.

Miguel only watched while his opponent, a girl in a blue (or was it white?) hero costume, walked gracefully towards him. Or rather, towards the flag, with obvious intentions of taking it. It was at this instant that the young man tried to come up with a battle plan, but this proved to be ineffective as he froze up completely when the girl threw one of her blades at him. Strangely enough, he didn't foresaw an attack like that. Said blade was directed towards his right arm, but he didn't notice that until it was too late. He tried to evade it by moving to the left, but the blade proved to be faster as it tore through his  costume, leaving a painful cut in his arm. He flinched briefly, but Miguel composed himself fast enough to transform his right arm into a drill, remembering to keep it from swinging randomly by using his left hand.

He didn't get time to think about his next move as the girl charged towards him, blade in hand. Acting on instinct, Miguel moved both his arms to try and intercept her coming attack, resulting in a (quite literal) sparkling clash of blade versus drill. Still ignoring all the physical pain he was in, the young man continued to press on to prevent her from getting near the flag. 'I-I won't let you pass!!' He told his opponent, only doing it for the needed morale boost. However, the only thing in his mind was to finish his fight to go and help his teammate.

Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Yuri should have been expecting this, really. Vivi's teammate wasn't just going to sit back and let her do all the work after all. Still, sheets of metal flying at high speeds directly at her were somewhat problematic to deal with. Forced to react quickly, Yuri briefly halted her assault on Virtua, spinning to the side to allow the sheets of metal to pass by her. Just as she had finished dodging, however, another sheet of metal soared up the stairs, and planted itself in her shoulder, eliciting a sudden cry of pain. Grimacing through the pain, she turned to focus on the source, only to see her already moving too quickly for Yuri to keep up. Skye's attacks forced Yuri to abandon her assault on Vivi completely, and she simply focused on mitigated the effects of the girl's attacks. In her panic to preserve herself however, she failed to do anything to stop Skye from simply waltzing on past her. Yuri swore under her breath. Stupid. She let herself lose focus, just for an instant, and that was enough. But this was no time to focus on that. Miguel would have to handle Skye. If Yuri could take care of Vivi, they'd still have the advantage.

Exuding an air of smugness and power (forced as though it may have been), Yuri stood firmly at her position at the top of the stairs. She hadn't expended much of her energy reserves yet. Without access to sunlight, her energy would be constantly draining in this fight, but right now, she was still operating near peak-performance for an indoor fight. It seemed to her she'd be forced to start draining her energy a little more. If she could eliminate Vivi soon, it didn't matter how much energy it took her, as long as what remained was enough to help Miguel dispatch Skye. 'A medium-large assault, then,' Yuri decided. Once more, both of her arms split into an array of vines, which were pointed menacingly directly at the young girl. "Sorry, little Vivi," Yuri said, smiling down at her, "but you're never getting past here."

With that, Yuri's symphony of tangling vines began. A dozen vines rushed towards Vivi, coming at different angles, different speeds. Some took a direct route, others snaked through the air, curved around to meet Vivi from behind, hesitated in the air before continuing, anything to throw off the girls timing. The myriad vines swarmed and tangled through the stairway, aiming to cover any method of advancing the girl would have attempted, and to tackle the girl and bind her in place in the air. Of particular import to this strategy incapacitating Vivi's arms first - her swords could cause quite a bit of trouble, and without those, she would likely be rendered mostly harmless.
TrueLily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Vivi nearly choked on anxiety, getting a glimpse of Yuri's quirk as soon as the altercation began with split vines of her arm attacking the heiress. Thankfully, Skye was already quickly moving and the girl's own legs continued advanced with or without her mind being there. Swallowing down nerves in the heat of the moment and letting instinct take over, the ponytailed warrior decided to keep up the act of masking her partner's ability. This proved to be difficult between all the sudden movement from three other people, but it would at least further muddle the enemy's assumptions. 'Cover me!' Skye howled and Virtua physically responded by furiously slashing with two blades at the assaulting vines following-up. No time to really think about the situation, all that registered was Yuri would make it impossible to get past at the rate her tangling extensions were coating the stairway, which led to an obvious solution: Can't cut them all, just advance somehow - get up! Yuri was right to bask in the air of haughtiness about her, having the blatant advantage of long-ranged combat versus melee-range with a significant distance. However, as the mass of branching-off whips approached at varying angles, the only real way was through the air.

So to the air Vivi went, trying her best to dodge and outrun the bindings aiming to jail her as her regular sword was thrown forward, spiraling madly and tearing through the wind before getting stuck near-perfectly on one of the steps. Then, the heroine took a leap, managing to land a foot onto the katana and promptly taking a new, greater height that bypassed the need of stairs entirely. Though disarming herself in haste to get an aerial assault, she grabbed the black blade - her forearm and began to nosedive toward her foe in the instance where the vines behind had hopefully been outpaced, those below were still encroaching the footway along with those that had aimed forward. "It's going to be hard, but...!" Should Yuri's reaction time be on point or the vines simply be too fast, she'd be in a rut very quickly with few - if any - get-out-of-jail-free cards. Though it would have been fine to keep Yuri's focus off of Skye, the young lass was all too concerned by thoughts of uselessness early on. Thus, teeth were gritted through a frenzied and resolute expression furrowed by panic.
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:58 am

At the moment of contact between Miguel and herself, Skye let out a pained howl. She slipped backwards a few steps, grimacing in pain and wincing. Shaking her head, she grit her teeth and steeled herself; she had to find an out. She let Miguel push forward in their tug of war, and this time, didn't fight back - letting that drill push forward towards her. When it was near the point of no return, she dropped their clash completely and spun to the side, slamming an elbow down onto his arm before quickly jumping away to the left again - keeping a good distance from Yuri while ensuring Miguel couldn't get to her first.

And that more importantly, he was blind to her next move.

She'd learned three things insantly from their little clash. One - he was stronger than her. That drill had slammed into her blade with force enough she could feel it in her arm - and due to her mental connection with the metal, it had hurt her twice. She could manage through the pain, but it was far from pleasurable. It didn't quite change the dull throbbing in her head. Pushing herself was too weak a word to describe how far she'd have to go to win this exam. Could she really afford to pull her punches with the vague excuse of abusing the element of surprise? Two - his movements were powerful yet clumsy, as if he was injured. Had her blade hurt him more than she thought? Regardless, her superior mobility and technique was her saving grace in this fight. Dancing out of the close range of that drill while laying a careful yet relentless assault was her best battle plan. The third thing, however, was the most pressing; Yuri's multi-area attacks were impossible to miss, even in the commotion of their now-commencing battle. If Yuri and Skye were to clash, Skye would need access to all her blades to cut through those vines as they came toward her - one blade would never be enough. But this was U.A.'s hero course, and she couldn't keep holding back.

It was time to go on the full offensive and show them what she could do. With eyes of burning gold, she assumed her signature stance; a curved blade held in front of her with one arm outstretched behind her for balance, somewhat akin to a fencer. Her face was stone, eyes narrowed and lips drawn tight. Despite it all, she looked lax; like the most natural thing in the world for her was to be in such an unnatural position. She adjusted her stance to hide her left hand behind her back so Miguel couldn't see it; and Yuri wouldn't either, should Vivi do her job. Approaching towards him to keep his attention fixated on her, she took a deep breath, and activated her Quirk on the blade she had thrown towards him earlier; the one now resting behind him. The bond was waning, but she had two more pairs in her hero costume ready to go. It wouldn't matter.

Adjusting the aim towards his legs - so as to hopefully not kill the unaware boy - her blade pierced through the air towards him from behind with a simple movement of her fingers. As it approached him, she charged as well from the front, aiming a wide sweep upwards. One blade from behind attacking his feet to sweep him to the ground, and one heading for his left arm. Using the momentum of her sweep, she disengaged from him again with a skillful pirouette just in case she had missed, and brought the second blade back into her hand.

In the blink of an eye she was on him again, not once relenting, swinging her blades in a dizzying array of directions towards him and searching for an opening to finish the deal. She prioritized speed and range over raw power, taking care to walk in and out of her blades reach, and eventually abusing her Quirk - sending the blades shooting forwards like a bullet with one of her melee swipes only to drag it right back, her Quirk appearing more like elaborate polarity. She took great care to focus more on keeping the blades in her hands to hide the true potential of her Quirk, but now had no qualms about using it to launch a powerful assault on Miguel.

Her Quirk wasn't good at supporting people. It couldn't help fix injuries or increase morale. It couldn't do much for rescuing people or building things. But it was especially great at fights like this, with her blades cutting patterns in the air, dancing around her opponent with practiced poise - there was one thing that was for absolute certain, and it was that she could not allow herself to get hit by that drill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:24 am

The loud and pained howl the girl let out at the very moment they clashed was enough to worry Miguel. The boy was making sure to not hit anything that wasn't entirely a blade. If she was really in pain, then it was obvious that he failed spectacularly. All he wanted was to push her back, not wound her (Despite the fact that she wounded him earlier). For a moment he even thought about ending the clash, apologize and, who knows, maybe use that time to think something? However, the girl clearly had other plans, seeing how she composed herself way faster than he thought she would. The clash then continued as if nothing happened, with the young man gaining more and more terrain as his opponnent retreated a few steps. The confidence of knowing he was winning in that competition of strength made him unable to notice that his drill-arm was getting closer and closer to the girl. She obviously planned for this to happen, as she quickly ended the clash and started spinning to one side, slamming down her elbow onto Miguel's right arm before jumping away to the left. Though that attack was quite painful, given the recent cut he received on that limb, the young man remained in control of his arm while wincing for a short moment.

After that brief scuffle, Miguel could say he was completely sure of something - His opponent, that blade-wielding girl, was superior to him in both speed and skill. Hell, maybe even in inteligence too. He seemed to be the strongest of the two, but after that maneuver he wasn't sure how much of the clash was in his control. Knowing this, the young man couldn't help but smile in admiration; the same admiration he felt towards the girl with a blade Quirk he met at the entrance exams. However, as the girl took a quite strange stance, he remembered that there was no time for that during the exam. The pose made her look similar to a fencer, if he recalled the names right. While the position she was in wasn't a natural one for the boy, it seemed that she didn't feel uncomfortable in any way. If he wasn't sure about her skill, now he was. She even took a few seconds to adjust her position, but to him it seemed like nothing changed. As she started running towards him again, he prepared his right arm so he could block any potential attack. He had to change his plan again as a stray blade struck him in his right leg. The surprise attack and the new cut was enough to bring him to his knees, where he managed to evade an upwards blade sweep by pure chance while he lowered his head. Even though he didn't notice it, that attack was directed to his left arm.

Using the impulse of the sweep, the girl then retreated with a backflip and landed just in time to catch the blade that wounded his leg. Grinning his teeth because of the pain, Miguel deduced quite easily that all the flying sword attacks from before had to be her Quirk's doing. Come on, it wasn't that hard; only a Quirk could make swords move like that. But as they say, knowing about something doesn't mean one has the means to counter it. And even worse, his opponent wouldn't give him time to rest as she launched herself again while he still was on the floor. Standing up, the young man tried to evade or at least block slash after slash after slash, failing miserably. The girl was not only attacking with her blades; she was letting them slip from her hand, shoot them and then pull them back to then repeat the process. All while moving around him, as if she was dancing gracefully. This resulted in a long list of attacks coming from a wide variety of directions that he couldn't cover, leaving cuts all over his costume and his body.

The effort to coordinate the movement of both his arms to respond to at least one attack proved to be too difficult for him. He didn't have the speed nor skill to anticipate any of those slashes. It seemed that all hope was lost for this boy, being stuck in this 'swords dance'. However, he knew too well he still had something left to try. His own fear prevented him from even acknowledge the idea, but there were no other options left. Softening the grip his left hand had on his right arm, his limb slowly started its natural 'wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men'-like movement, for lack of a better comparison. But given the past few minutes, it wasn't going to be enough. He quickly transformer his free arm into another drill of similar design and size, who then quickly joined the other limb in its random movements. The arms never crashed into each other, not even once. It was as if... They had a mind of their own.

Flashbacks of the first and only day Miguel used both his arms like this flooded his mind, but he repressed them as best as he could. There was a clear difference from that day however. One that he didn't notice. This time, Miguel was able to stay still while his arms moved on their own. He was in some kind of control. While the crazy movements didn't help him evade the attacks, he saw how it at least helped him to deflect some if not most of them. This gave him enough courage to make his uneasiness about fighting dissapear for a brief moment, as he stared directly at his opponent's eyes. 'Please resist a little longer Yuri' He thought. 'This will take quite some time'.

Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:34 am

Yuri had to admit she was impressed with the young girl, as much as it frustrated her. Yuri's vines stabbed and swatted and grabbed for Vivi, but simply couldn't land a decisive blow on the girl, and that was before she took to the skies, where Yuri hadn't thought to position any of her vines. 'Stupid.' She thought, chastising herself for her lack of foresight. Yuri's eyes tracked Vivi as she soared through the air, but she knew her vines couldn't keep up with her at this point, and just let them be, ready to react to whatever came next. When it became clear that Vivi was trying to divebomb her with that sword arm of hers, Yuri was both relieved and worried. Relieved because that meant that she hadn't managed to soar right over her head and bypass her defenses completely, which would have been the worst case scenario. Worried because, well, a girl with a sword was trying to divebomb her.

In the time it took her to assess the situation, Yuri realized she had no chance of dodging that attack completely. She was coming in too quickly. So she did the next best thing. She backed off as much as she possibly could in the instant between now and the inevitable impact of Vivi's attack, then stood her ground and braced herself. The attack of the swordswoman hit, though not directly, Yuri's subtle maneuvering relegating the damage to a deep gash along her leg, but it was still enough to elicit a muffled sound of pain from the plant girl, and almost enough to send her to her knees. But now everything was in place.

"Checkmate."

Vivi had just landed in front of Yuri, and her attack had just landed. With Yuri standing in front of her, and vines stretching out from her all the way down the stairwell, the young girl would have a difficult time finding anywhere to run. The resting vines that littered the stairwell suddenly began to move again, rising up, changing direction, returning to where Yuri and Vivi stood. Attacking from behind, a dozen vines suddenly crossed around Vivi. The vines rapidly wrapped around Vivi, pinning her arms to her sides, pulling the girl towards Yuri as if she'd wrapped her up in a big hug, and not a diabolical trap. "Oh, sorry little Vivi," Yuri said, mischief returning to her eyes and voice now that she once again felt like she was in control of the situation, "you're just so cute, I couldn't resist giving you a hug!"

As Vivi was bound, at least for the time, Yuri finally allowed herself to notice the sounds of combat coming from behind them. From the sounds of it, Miguel was holding his own, but might have been struggling a bit. Unfortunately, Yuri's hands were a bit tied at the moment, and she couldn't just let Vivi go to go help Miguel. But there was one potential solution to this problem. Yuri spun around to face her partner and his foe, beginning to unravel Vivi from her grasp as she did so, then, without warning, she whipped her vines forward, fully releasing the girl from them, sending her careening through the air towards Skye's back. She wished she could have given Miguel a heads up or a warning first, but this strategy would need Skye to not notice the small girl being flung towards her until it was already too late. She just hoped Miguel would be able to take advantage of the situation.
TrueLily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Skye let herself fall back a bit as Miguel managed to deflect a few of her blows. Her lack of power had allowed him to withstand her tempestuous assault with aid from his arms, but he lacked control. This was an opening to slip by him. But as the ringing in her ears subsided, no longer spurred on by the repetitive clang of steel against steel, she became keenly aware of how deathly silent the room was - she only noticed her slightly heavy breathing. Whirling around to check her partner was pulling her weight, she jumped in surprise as Vivi hurtled towards her. She had no time to move. A quick pair of blades were shot forward, using the flat side to push against the girl and attempt to slow her movements without causing any further harm.

Ultimately, she failed in stopping her movement, and the girl crashed into her and sent the two of them flying. Yuri's strength was certainly admirable, and the impact had left her body feeling somewhat bruised and battered. Adrenaline would fix that for a while. Shaking her head to hopefully clear it, the better path became clear. Vivi would hopefully have the strength to break through Miguels defense - especially when weakened by Skye earlier. Leaning down low and gently rubbing the girls shoulder, she offered a hand to help pull her up to her knees and steady herself. "We can't let up. I'll keep Yuri occupied; deal with him. I don't know how long I'll be able to hold her off. Don't waste time." With her terrible words of moral support spoken aloud, Skye quickly turned back to her opponents - she could give them no time to continue their assault.

Running away instantly would leave Vivi in an exposed state. Best to buy her some more time. Risky. But she had to. Time to move. Her hands whipped forwards, sending the two spent blades in her hands towards Miguel, one after the other. The especially observant would note the lack of speed in this throw; certainly fast, but compared to how she had sent steel flying like bullets earlier, it was noticeably slower. Two pairs of blades in her costume. She summoned one blade with an equally as fast movement, waving towards her back, doing it as fast as possible to mask the sight of the blade quickly flying up from her hero costume - instead it appeared she simply willed it to appear and it did. This blade she threw towards Yuri. Once again using the momentum she had built up, she spun as she had earlier in her fight against Miguel, and grabbed the other blade of the pair. She sent it soaring towards Miguel again, shooting past him - missing intentionally, just a graze on the arm at best. But hitting wasn't her plan. Hiding her fingers behind her by twisting her body, she twitched her fingers impatiently and sent the blade shooting towards Yuri from behind in a tight arc. Relinquishing her hold on that one, it used its own built up momentum to rocket towards her. The blade she had sent towards Yuri earlier suddenly jumped into motion itself, springing to life. She swept it in a wide arc, timed as best she could to occur just before the first blade collided with the plant girl. Constantly switching control between the two blades to hopefully keep Yuri busy, Yuri would have to go for a ranged attack to stop the blades if Skye kept them out of her reach. Even if her vines could quickly latch onto one, they'd be cut free soon after by the other. They danced around her body, aiming high and low at varying intervals, moving with such synchronization and precision it appeared she was controlling them both at once; a testament to her skill and technique. This was what she had trained for.

She kept a keen plan in her mind, ready to dodge at a moments notice. Wide, sweeping, powerful attacks with long range and precision. A Quirk that seemed to outclass everything Skye could do. What was the weakness? How did she beat this? What was she truly capable of? One slip up and it'd all be over for her. Think. But until she came up with a plan, she'd keep moving, never once stopping as she aimed to juggle the onslaught of her blades from range with ensuring Yuri could never get a good read on her movements; changing direction and speed at will, never once standing directly in front of her, staying away from those arms. Yuri likely couldn't close the gap in one fell swoop - a strong ranged attack was far more likely from her. Skye would dodge that and then continue the assault. Perhaps the similarities Skye noted between them would help her win. With Quirks like theirs, they could easily exploit weak points and blind spots - the rationale behind her initial swing on Yuri, who had no real knowledge of what her Quirk was capable of (but would probably have some now). If she were to dive in and neglect that, she'd find herself defeated instantly. Being on the offensive would hopefully limit many of Yuri's strongest attacks, but Skye lacked a decisive ability to end the battle and force Yuri down - at least, she couldn't create that opening. If Yuri gave her one, got impatient... it had to be soon. She couldn't ignore the ringing in her head forever, and overuse of her Quirk like this would take its toll sooner or later. For now she was going steady, but dark clouds gathered on the horizon, and they had no silver lining.
Shirii
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:34 am

Vivi became more and more convinced that becoming a speeding bullet ripping through the winds had enough decisive momentum to throw Yuri off. This proved true upon colliding with the floor, as the plant girl moved out of the way but not without the ferocious Bladelength tearing at her skin. This left the heiress in a bit of a panic, sweating with a surprised expression as she didn't want to hurt anyone. Yet, it was unavoidable in such a test, was it not? Still, she dearly hoped the pain wasn't bad and Yuri would be okay... and it turns out she shouldn't be wishing good fortune on her adversaries, as despite the hard bite of the sword, Yuri quickly shifted gears and ensnared Vivi in a trap of vines. They wrapped around her body and squeezed her arms to her sides, constricting movement and making it difficult to cut through with the blade. "No-!" At Yuri's mercy, Vivi attempted to struggle before the extensions whisked her over to their origin and... stopped as the warmth of one's embrace washed over.

"Hwah?!" Vivi blurted out perplexedly, bewildered by the action and not seeing it was just more of Yuri's teasing. While it would have felt nice to be in someone's arms, the tone of jolly jest gave way to the fact that Yuri was in control of the battlefield between them. This was a disaster: only one real hit landed before the impetus came to a screeching halt. Still, after getting over a moment of confusion, the struggle and squirming began in a desperate measure to not be worthless in this bout. "Nrgh..." A mewl of frustration, wiggling and trying to force her way through with her trusty sharp arm. Alas, she tunnelvisioned trying to slice through enough to not see Yuri's focus, which had turned to Miguel and Skye. This led to more questions as Yuri released her from the hug and the vines eased their grasp. "Huh-"

Only for Vivi to be promptly tossed like a rag-doll.

"Aaaah!!" The feeling of wind rushing over her body that left her confident before had changed to fear of what came with the subsequent impact. She had been thrown right at Skye! Skye had no time to get out of the way, having noticed too late and tried to quickly slow the force of the thrown lass with the flats of her blades. Unfortunately, even Vivi's lithe frame couldn't be stopped as she still collided with Skye, literally rolling in the air from the crash before the duo met the floor. That trip definitely left a few bruises, especially with the extra weight of Bladelength making forced contact with the ground hurt all the more. "Argh..." Wincing and gritting teeth, pain seethed through her body like fire, feeling as bad as she did in the entrance exam where she got whacked by the Oni or flung into the wall by Steel Devil. Regardless, she could move, and that's what mattered. So, sucking it up via choked cry of pain, her partner assisted in helping her up while going over a plan quickly. It wasn't exactly the most morale-boosting flurry of words, but Vivi was just glad Skye didn't yell at her...

So after a quick breath of relief, the next phase began as Skye proceeded to attack with her quirk, throwing a trio of blades with one directed at both of their enemies while another swerved toward Yuri, having two launch at the plant girl. This left one going for Miguel, and Vivi knew she had to attack. It would be a little difficult given her reluctance, as Miguel helped her and Yuuki fight the Oni before, and they never really got to meet up for proper introductions.

This is a great time for formal greetings through quirks.

Readying her sword-arm, Vivi didn't waste time as ordered and quickly went around her ally, darting toward Miguel for a close-ranged duel. The flying metal would cover her, forcing the boy to react to it. This allowed her to go in for consecutive strikes, guiding her weapon to strike at various angles. And through the assault, Heaven's Length would shine a dirty golden, accelerating the moment of her limb. So, unless her enemy threw her off - caused her to stumble in some kind of way, her sword would retract itself from rapid swings - pulling back and charging forward in a stabbing motion. "Heavensrend!" The swordswoman bellowed, conjuring the power of the traitor's essence similarly to the white aura used against Steel Devil, but on a lesser scale. Vivi had no desire to hurt Miguel, but for him to avoid a world of pain, he'd have to move or react in some kind of inconvenient way, hopefully. The makeshift plan was simply brute force her acquaintance out of the way in order to disrupt Yuri, giving Skye an opening. At the very least, they had to grab the flag somehow through the chaos, and it was far too messy for Vivi to try.

She had to be the Vanguard with Skye at the rear, which caused Tensalength to quiver with resolution and nervousness. Her joust slightly unsteady, yet knowing the only way is forward.
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:00 am

Despite the obvious clumsiness in his attempts to control his drill-arms (The ones that were still swinging in the air in a rather hypnotic manner), Miguel was completely determined to continue battling his more skillful and fastest opponent. There was no way to know how long he would last; no other than trying. He had to do it not only for him, but for Yuri's sake. And then, suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere, a screaming girl in white uniform came crashing down from the air and into the blade-wielding girl, sending them both flying. To say that this took him by surprise would be the last in a long list of understatements. But as he got enough time to recover his breath, he didn't question it. Feeling how he was gradually losing his footing thanks to his arm's frantic movement, he acted quick and reverted them back to their normal state, letting out a sigh after regaining control of his limbs. Looking first at his hand and then all the cuts on his arms and torso, the young man noticed how the usage of his Qurik left the sleeves of his suit completely shredded. He designed the costume with the rule of cool (And only the rule of cool) in mind, so of course he forgot to add thing that made sense to his suit. Like, you know, shorter sleeves. And no gloves. At least his helmet was alright (And pretty cool too).

Noticing that the flying girl came from the general direction of the stairs, Miguel turned instantly to check on his teammate. 'Hey! Partner! Thanks for the help!' He shouted at her. All this time thinking about helping her and turns out she had everything under control. Well, there was no doubt that she could take care of herself. Still, she wasn't responding.

'P-Partner! Are you ok!?'. Of course she wasn't. The little he managed to see from her showed quite well that she wasn't 100% alright. 'Oh my- D-Don't worry! I'm coming!' Said the worried boy, running to the stairs assuming the worst. He stopped abruptly, however, recalling that despite all his worries he still needed to protect the flag. Also, probably she was busy. And now, thinking about it being busy... He forgot to check where the girls ended. Directing his gaze to where the opposing team was, he saw how his previous opponent threw two blades at him. Jumping to his left, he managed to reduce the damage the blades could've done to him to a simple cut. Not as deep as the others he had, but painful nonetheless. Recovering in time to see the girl throwing a new blade at him while spinning, he tried to evade it the same way as before. He somewhat succeded given that the blade only grazed his arm. To prevent more surprise attacks, he turned to see where the projectile landed only to watch it fly towards Yuri. 'Partner! Watch out for the flying blade!' He shouted at her, hoping she would hear his warning.

Given this recent development, the fact that the uniformed girl was still unaccounted for didn't hit him at all until, well, he had her at his throat a few seconds later. With consecutive stabbing motions, his new opponent attacked with some kind of sword at various angles while shouting some kind of made up word. Well, all the words are made up, but you know what I mean. 'T-This can't be good' He said to himself after hearing, noticing some kind of aura surrounding the girl. The varied nature of the attacks made it difficult for the young man to defend himself or even identify the weapon he was being attacked with. The young man ended in a new world of pain, covered again in a multiple cuts of varied depths. Wincing an grinning his teeth, he resorted to transform his right arm into a drill and let it run wild once again. Thanks to the random nature of his counters (Counters he didn't plan, to being with), he found himself able to block some of the attacks and somewhat stay his ground, as well as trying to resist the rest of the attacks he couldn't prevent nor evade. Now in a more stable position (Well, more stable than before), Miguel took the opportunity to look at his new opponent for the first time.

'No way...' He muttered. It was the sword-girl from the entrance exams.

'I-It's you!!' He said completely excited, despite recieving cuts left and right. 'I-I can't- Ouch -believe it! I'm so- Ouch -happy to- Ouch -see you! I mean, see you- Ouch -here! Well, not here here. Like in- Ouch -'here as my opponent'. Attacking- Ouch -me and all. But I'm so- Ouch -happy to see you! H-Here, I mean!'. Ignoring completely the bad timing, Miguel continued the one-way conversation while relegating the whole defensive process to second plane. How he managed to keep up with it was a mystery to him, what's important is that it was somewhat working. 'I didn't- Ouch -knew if you even passed the- Ouch -exam or not. And I know I- Ouch -asked you to meet up- Ouch -later after the exam, but I didn't even ask your- Ouch -name! No wonder we couldn't- Ouch -meet up in the end. And now- Ouch -here we are. Fighting for the- Ouch -flag. What a small- Ouch -world, don't you think?'.

He wasn't going to last long that way.

Last edited by Nova Major on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:31 am; edited 3 times in total

Nova Major

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily on Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:57 am

Bullseye. Yuri nodded in satisfaction as Skye was knocked away by thrown lass. That would at least give Miguel a moment to recover and get his bearings before he was thrust back into combat. More importantly, the impact would have done some significant damage to both Vivi and Skye. Unfortunately, it seemed it wasn't enough to take out either of the girls, as they both recovered, albeit with injuries, in short order. It was then that Skye abandoned her assault on Miguel and came to focus on Yuri instead. From Yuri's perspective, it seemed like a decision in her team's favor. Yuri thought Miguel could probably handle Vivi on his own, as it ultimately came down to his drills versus her sword. She simply had to hope her partner was strong enough to defeat Vivi after the damage Yuri's throw had caused her. Meanwhile, Yuri was confident in her abilities to match Skye, though her quirk was a relative mystery at this point.

Skye's assault was fast and vicious. Yuri managed to slap aside the first blade Skye sent her way, and scarcely turn away the second, but as her blades kept flying around, Yuri was having trouble keeping up. She was clearly up against someone with a powerful quirk, and someone who was highly skilled with it. Skye's blades slowly started to overwhelm Yuri, and her attempts at defense were met with cuts along her arms, as any time she attempted to swat aside one blade, the other would meet her in turn. All the while, Skye danced around, not staying still long enough for Yuri to neglect her defense and make a decisive attack. And so, Yuri changed her strategy. She fell to one knee, taking a strong and stable position on the ground. The leaves the formed Yuri's "hair" grew in size and thickness, changing shape to form a cone around her, reach to the ground, leaving only a small triangular slit in the front for Yuri to see out of. She sent her arms out from under the bottom of her leaf-shield, making only a token effort to deflect the blades now, relying mostly on the strength of her shield to prevent any serious injuries to herself. After her attack on Vivi, she needed to save her energy if they were going to carry on with this exam for much longer. Without access to proper light, she was little more than a battery, and her energy would be steadily draining with each attack and each injury. So, she was forced to go on the defensive. They still didn't have the flag. If Yuri could just keep Skye occupied until Miguel took care of Vivi, they would have this. So, a defensive playstyle it was.

Not one to give Skye too easy of a time, however, Yuri still began working a strategy out. From the inside of her leaf-shield, the toes on Yuri's forward foot began unravelling into an array of tiny vines, which slowly began creeping out from underneath. Yuri hoped they would be slow and subtle enough that Skye wouldn't notice them before it was too late. If Skye was going to dance around too much for Yuri to launch a direct attack, she needed something different. The dozens of tiny vines spread all across the floor. The moment Yuri felt the pain of her vines being stepped on, they would spring up and grab Skye's leg. Though extremely thin vines, the intent was merely to cause Skye to stumble and trip, if just for a moment. In that moment, Yuri's arms would abandon their defense, and launch towards Skye while she had a moment of vulnerability, coil around her arms and waist, and slam her into the floor or walls. That, Yuri thought, might just be enough to finish her off. It remained to be seen if the girl would even fall for her trap, however.
TrueLily

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:55 am

Skye's plan had succeeded, leaving her feeling confident in her steps. Though she always was; she moved with planned and careful calculation and rarely if ever hesitated. The trust was never once in the ground she walked on - it was in the dexterity of her movements, her faith in herself. A never ending waltz.

She slowed down but did not relent her attacks as she began to consider her situation. Her blades could cut down the shield in some time, though she doubted that Yuri would be one to simply allow that to happen. Regardless, wasting time hacking down a shield seemed too stupid an idea, and thus she instead decided to abandon ship completely. But not without ensuring her safety. No doubt that Yuri would likely come after her once she left. Running around the battlefield with ultimate free reign, she grinned - this would be Yuri's greatest mistake in the battle. Allowing her time.

She scooped up the sheets of metal she'd shot forward, hastily slotting them back into the pockets inside her costume and her sleeves. She also grabbed one of the last two blades in her costume, placing it behind Yuri - not directly behind and a bit out of sight. She'd have to move it before sending it straight forward, and it would take about a second for it to reach her even at its top speed. But this was a price she'd gladly pay if it meant the element of surprise. To keep up the illusion of her assault, she punctuated her thoughts with swipes of her blades. These attacks naturally lacked the force or speed of her earlier moves as she both set up an ambush, and conserved her strength. She hoped Yuri would attribute this instead to her becoming tired.

Regardless, those two blades were waning and she'd need them to continue the rest of her plan. She jumped, placing the flat side of her blade against her feet. It twisted in mid air along with her as she braced herself against it. The motions felt as though she was swimming but instead in air; and indeed held some similarities. Regardless, it served as an adequate platform for her to boost herself off of and send herself flying through the air across the room. She grinned as she did so; the air splitting her hair apart, her clothes flickering in the wind, the gales biting against her skin. She felt alive as she soared.

This was the decisive move.

Spearing through the air like an arrow, she readied the other blade in her hand, and sent it shooting forwards, levitating it in front of her. With almost excruciating effort, she twisted herself in mid air, slamming her feet against the metal rather than her head. At the moment she connected, she ignored the thud in her mind - it was far easy to take hits she expected. Twisting the blade to adjust her position like some kind of surfboard, she stood upright and quickly recalled the blade she had initially sprung from. As she did so, she jumped once more into the air - this time completely vertically, positioned above Miguel like a bird of prey; a hawk closing in for the kill with all the precision and force she'd ever need and more. She shot one blade right down towards him as she ascended. On her descent, she grabbed the second blade, still stationary in the air and used it to deliver a brutal downward strike while roaring in triumph. She wasted no time to see if her attack was successful, or even to say a single word to Vivi. Her two opponents were incapcitated for just a second or more. She forced herself onwards by throwing her body into a roll, grabbing the blades she had thrown towards Miguel earlier just after her roll. She was lucky they hadn't moved far. Them not moving far also meant one other thing; the flag. With a burst of speed brought on by a drive to succeed, she grabbed it firmly and held it high. Proudly. She'd retrieved it for now by making use of her superior mobility - but her movements had reeked with all the unprofessionalism and unrefined nature one could expect from students trying new things. Her landings too sloppy and hurting her ankles, the adrenaline high keeping her going. She was lucky her opponents had landed only a few strong hits on her. Not like she had any strong hits to match them with; her strongest one thus far had relied entirely on gravity.

She wouldn't let her mind dwell on it. Holding one hand out in front of her, she held the flag back behind her, and began to pester Miguel with the infuriating dance of her blades once again, staying back with range. This dance was far easier to keep up with; one blade moving at a time, sloppy and with erratic movement. However Vivi would easily make up for it with her own power and the openings that were bound to be made as Miguel tried to fight two versus one. The most important job Skye had was one she was accutely aware of; she ensured at all times she could see Vivi's position clearly, see the shield and the vines of the woman. The moment she relinquished her defensive hold, the blade hidden behind her would perk to life and deliver a crippling blow. Furthermore, Yuri's lack of offense had given her adequate time to restock the sheets of metal she had thrown earlier. Her situation had improved greatly. She had placed the two blades she had used to perform her aerial feat back into her costume, and had summoned the last of her sets one at a time to attack Miguel, allowing time for the two of them to recharge.
Shirii
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Yesterday at 7:24 pm

"It's! Good to! See you! Too!" Virtua gave a smile through the inferno of her mind, riding hard on adrenaline while trying to keep pressure and respond to Miguel at the same time. Unfortunately, the speed of the consecutive strikes was gradually decreasing thanks to hastened swings and many of them clanging against the metal formation of the boy's drill. It sent an unpleasant ringing through her arm that was slowly creeping through the numbing factor of her quirk. The girl needed a break, but her desperation to be useful wouldn't let her stop as she kept batting at her friendly adversary. "My name is Vivi- ah!" A clumsy swing as her embarrassingly cute nickname slipped, being completely off balance and would have easily been knocked away thanks to it had Skye not proceeded further. It seems the furious tidal wave of vines and metal blades ceased as her partner began to move, aiming to tilt the scale in their favor by overwhelming Miguel. Regardless of if Virtua was falling backward from her own ditzy swing or if Miguel took that chance to trip her up, it was all she could do to launch a recovery attack in tandem - synchronized to the heroine's skyfall. The initial thrown blade helping cover for the timing.

Assuming Yuri had been disrupted and Miguel at least caught off guard, Vivi - for once - had the same thought as Skye: They would be stuck in split-second thinking. A split-second that Skye was using to go for the gold, and this brought the heiress to perform her own duty.

If you need a second, I'll give you three!

An unspoken promise and snarling with determination, Vivi used it as strong motivation while awkwardly twisting her leg in a painful stance to quickly regain momentum in her close combat duel. "Yaaah!!" Really putting her back into it, the girl would take a large swpe from behind using Bladelength. It was a rather slow one, but carried an incredible force that tore through the wind and released a shockwave from the physical thrust alone in an attempt to catch both Miguel and Yuri in it. Like the wave of a fan, Heavenslength stirred the breeze and transformed it into the gale of the sword. Forcing herself to react and flex so much in he span of a few moments showed repercussion through a pained expression, shutting an eye and clenching her teeth - biting down the pain that would surely hurt like hell after this segment of the exchange.
Best Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down