BNHA: The Worth of a Hero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Red Riot Challenge!!! [Musutafu Cosmic Cafe] [Virtua, Gladia, Shinobu, Hinata]

3 posters

Go down

The Red Riot Challenge!!! [Musutafu Cosmic Cafe] [Virtua, Gladia, Shinobu, Hinata] Empty The Red Riot Challenge!!! [Musutafu Cosmic Cafe] [Virtua, Gladia, Shinobu, Hinata]

Post by Doggo Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:26 pm

It had been only a day since the entrance exams concluded. Many had to reassure themselves the hero course was very difficult to get into and it was understandable they didn't pass. But the select few had reason to celebrate. Some had been, since even the evening before. These celebrations took many shapes but for Shinobu and Hinata, this celebration had been a challenge.

Yes a challenge between two budding heroes who had determined to try their hand at reaching the top. Naturally this meant they should be able to win at anything and everything. The name of the game here was Tetris Effect. Shinobu had run home to grab a pair of thin rubber gloves he kept on hand to safely handle electronics like video game systems and the like. From there he had made a mad dash to the address given to him where the challenge was to take place. The cat boy didn't this morning recall much of the initial pleasantries exchanged between him and his new friend and any family who might have been there. The memories were there if he focused but what stood out was the challenge itself. Each boy had donned a virtual reality headset and had to try and beat the other's tetris score. All the while a series of surreal, otherworldly effects surrounded the puzzle boards. Initially the boy's attention had been caught away in them and he'd quickly fallen behind his quieter companion who seemed more used to these things. It was an enjoyable afternoon to be sure and he felt he really started getting the hang of what he was doing, showing off quick piece spins with tricky timing quite well. But his overall play lacked strategy and clearly suffered for it. He never did win a round, even when he made the bold declaration that he was getting serious. He had been energized and dazed all at once from the experience and he took his leave after some more chatting with Hinata.

Then came a text early the next morning.

"Heh, chili dogs amirite?" it would have read on Hinata's phone. Shinobu went on to clarify to meet him for lunch at the Cosmic Cafe to take on the Red Riot Challenge. Shinobu had gotten there quite early to set everything up and also just due to his fast and impatient nature. He dressed today similarly to how he had at the exam. All jersey-like material shorts and shirt this time yellow in color such that they nearly blended into the boy's lighter patches of fur. The challenge was straightforward. Each participant would be given ten fully loaded chili dogs. If they manage to finish they get a reward based on time. There was a wall in one of the rooms devoted to posting the pictures and times of those successful contestants who were the fastest, with Red Riot himself said to have one of the best times on the challenge ever. This would be their training grounds. To follow in the footsteps in the greats of the past.

"Let's do this!" he called out, still very much alone. This prompted the staff members to strongly encourage him to contain himself til his friend arrived and the challenge could get underway properly. Shinobu sat down, not wanting to cause problems. He tapped a foot impatiently while he looked at his phone. Still five minutes before the time he'd told Hinata. Why couldn't clocks move faster when he wanted them to. There had to be a quirk for that. He needed to find whoever it was that had it for times like this.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

The Red Riot Challenge!!! [Musutafu Cosmic Cafe] [Virtua, Gladia, Shinobu, Hinata] Empty Re: The Red Riot Challenge!!! [Musutafu Cosmic Cafe] [Virtua, Gladia, Shinobu, Hinata]

Post by Jello Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:54 pm

"Heh, chili dogs amirite?"

A mildly dazed and confused Hinata rolled out from his bedside at just past noon. The day prior had so many events that Hinata could recall but they all blended together into a haze of exhaustion that almost sent the poor boy back into a comatose state just from thinking about it. Laying in bed with his cell phone in one hand, he raised it above his hands and texted back...

... Hinata had never texted anybody but his relatives before. What kind of impression should he make? What was the right lingo to use? The questions an awkward boy like himself had yet to grasp the answer to. He gave it his best shot after reading several wikiHow articles.

"(^▽^) Ya!! That sounds super exciting! I'll be there in a couple of hours~~ (≧∇≦)/ C ya there!"

Hinata stared at his phone in a mild grimace. Did this correctly capture his excitement? Or in this case, perhaps lack thereof. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy spending time with Shinobu; in fact it would be incorrect to say that at all. He had a lot of fun the other day playing Tetris Effect with him and the challenge was plenty of laughs... well, it was laughs for all but Hinata. He was too focused in on the game he forgot to give any effort to his emotional expression as usual. His parents were so excited to meet his friend that when he texted he'd be having company over on what little percentage remained on his phone, he received the equivalent of a nuclear bomb of text messages from his mother which contained things of excitement and how proud she was of her baby boy. Hinata sighed at them but was somewhat happy nonetheless.

When Shinobu and Hinata had gotten to the house the other day, Hinata's sisters teased the boys relentlessly. They were both older than him and loved to make his life a bit harder but it was clear they only messed with him in jest. It wasn't until they made sly offhand remarks about only having one friend in his whole life outside the house that it got to him a little bit. He let the thoughts sink away into his mattress as he hit send on the text and sunk his face into the pillow for another twenty minutes of shut eye.

About two hours later, he could be seen just outside the cafe, clicking his bicycle to a bike rack with a chain in place to keep it in place. He was outfitted in a thin beige-tan sweater with a white button-up shirt found underneath, sleeves rolled up on both articles. He wore slacks of the appropriate palette and a pair of leather loafers and had a messenger bag slung over his shoulder. It was a similar brown leathery color to his shoes. He peeked around the corner idly looking for his would-be opponent, drawn to him immediately by the sound of a declaration. Hinata took a short sigh before heading up a few small set of steps and waving in Shinobu's direction silently, walking toward one of the vacant seats.

"Yo. Sorry if I was late." Hinata hadn't checked the time since he left the house but he was caught behind some traffic down the way from the bridge across the river where he lives. Small car accident, nothing in particular.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

The Red Riot Challenge!!! [Musutafu Cosmic Cafe] [Virtua, Gladia, Shinobu, Hinata] Empty Re: The Red Riot Challenge!!! [Musutafu Cosmic Cafe] [Virtua, Gladia, Shinobu, Hinata]

Post by Best Girl Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Oh... What if I didn't pass? What would Deku think? What is my sister going to think?! She's taking me out to lunch because she's so sure everything is going to be fine and I passed, but I don't know how! I was in the last ten minutes! That's terrible! I'll be lucky if they even come to my face and tell me I failed! Oh noooooo...

A tall redhead placed a hand on the timid lass' shoulder, reaching their arm around her back to pull her in reassuringly. "You're going to be fine." It was a woman with a lengthy ponytail, just like Virtua's, but done in a cute black ribbon instead of white. It was with wild ends and a braid as opposed to the younger girl's straight, black hairstyle. With a fairly light complexion and a confident, crimson gaze, the scarlet beauty identified as Heroic Champion, Tyr the War God Hero. Though, for the young heiress, she was much more than a title; it was her older sister: Gladia Victoria. Vivi was dressed in a black, long-sleeved v-neck and casual blue jeans for a comfortable design that covered up her arms and legs. Due to the nature of her, erm, unhealthy habit, she tried to hide her bare arms as best she could and even made sure her non-quirk arm - the ironically most scarred - was protected by the body-block of her sibling. Whereas Gladia was slightly in uniform, carrying a red coat on her shoulder while dressed in a long-sleeved white tee that had its collar flipped upward and outward. Accompanied by a fashionable black shirt with petal-shaped ends, it capitalized a relaxed but prepared dresscode through the white thighhighs and white metal boots. It definitely wasn't what models today would go with for their prettiest look, yet the pro hero was more than happy with it.

It was plenty attractive while giving hint to any troublemakers she was ready to leap into action, so says her admiring little sister. Though, said little sister was still a ball of racked nerves, despite the calming outing with her family. "H-How can you be so sure...?" Vivi practically cried, worried to death by her unsteady breathing and shaking in Gladia's grasp.

"Because I know you went in there and did your best. That's all I need to be sure."

"Just because you can sound cool saying that doesn't mean it's proof!"

"Nonsense. I can say it like that because I'm confident."

"Uuu... It's so easy for you..."

"You really need to relax a bit, that's why I'm taking you out. You deserve it."

Tyr is a very kind woman as a champion of chivalry, but she's also just like most fathers to their daughters: very dotting. While it isn't spoiling Virtua per say, their own father did think it a little strange to celebrate before seeing results. Thankfully, he kept that to himself in fear of Vivi becoming even more anxious. With that, the duo entered the cafe through Gladia's opening the door. "Oh hey there! Welcome!" One of the employees tending to the contest preparation called out. "Spendin' your off day here, Tyr? It's pretty rare I see you with time on your hands. The lil' lady there with you doesn't look like someone you picked up for a business meeting."

"She's my sister, I'm treating her today."

"Oho! Sister eh? Aight, give me just a bit and I'll be right with you." The man left the rest of the prep to the remaining staff at the table. The girls were taken to a table nearby and adjusted in their seats, Gladia setting her jacket by Vivi and looking toward the upcoming chili dog showdown.

"What are they doing...?" Vivi mewled curiously, trying to stay quiet enough so no one would hear her or talk to her.

"Excuse me, are you partaking in the Red Riot Challenge?" The pro hero inquired of the two boys for Vivi.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:32 pm

As if he somehow possessed the time bending quirk he'd thought of, Shinobu was pleased to see Hinata now across the cafe waving him down. He excitedly told the staff his buddy was here as the boy took his seat. He seemed a bit more dressed up than at the exam. Maybe it was just what was comfortable to him. Past the shoes he wondered what it might be like to be comfortable wearing all that since the cat boy never would be. The shoes though were different. Shoes were even. He instinctively flexed and stretched his bare feet under the table as he took it all in.

"Ay, no way man! Right on time! Man I'm pumped!" he exclaimed while nearly bouncing in his seat. The movement created with it the sounds of static electricity jumping between different parts of his fur and clothing. He tapped some of the silverware on the table every so often to stay mostly discharged. The cheetah went on to explain how they had a spicy version of the chili dog available for the challenge, named after the famous explosion hero. He then began using what was present on the table to try and prop his phone up. He wanted to have his camera record the whole thing to preserve it for posterity. Who knows, maybe he'd even put it on the internet if one of them got a good enough time. It was in the middle of this a voice sounded. It was a woman's voice, asking if they were about to do the Red Riot Challenge.

"Hell yeah we ar-" Shinobu started loudly as he turned and saw who was asking. "Damn, she's hot..." flashed across his mind instantly as he took in the sight of the red headed pro hero. Were his brain free to process more than the image of beauty before him he might have recognized her as Tyr the War God Hero. He stumbled over the end of his sentence but with a small gulp seemed to regain something of his composure. "A-anyway yeah we're doing the challenge." the cat started up again at a normal volume level. "We just took the UA entrance exam yesterday so we gotta go hard at this celebrating thing!" he called out, picking up energy as he went. It then took the boy a moment to even realize Virtua was there beside the pro hero. Something about her seemed vaguely familiar. The sort of, we might have seen each other briefly in a crowd sort of familiar. She seemed pretty cute too. The boy's mind had been so focused on the challenge coming into the cafe. He hadn't been nearly mentally prepared enough for good looking women to start talking to him. The exam was barely over but was this a taste of the big life? He definitely wouldn't mind if it was.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Hinata watched his friend's rapid descent from natural charisma and energetic personality upon Hinata's arrival, into what seemed like bumbling nonsense as the two boys were approached by two girls. Well, a girl and a woman. There was at the very least a clear gap in age between the younger and the older of the two females approaching them so Hinata wanted to make the distinction clear in his head in case names weren't exchanged. Luckily, none had to. Hinata recognized the red-headed woman nearly instantly. Though it didn't show on him, seeing a pro-hero on the streets was kind of an honor in a way, or at least being approached by them without any cause.

He looked at Shinobu try to explain the situation whilst setting up his phone camera (which Hinata never consented to) to record the event. The boy set his messenger bag over the corner of a chair and gave a rather dry and boring wave to the girls with a blank expression on his face. A vacant canvas as usual, Hinata rarely spoke words and it was difficult to get any kind of read off him. At most he seemed quite composed even if on the inside just this extra bit of social interaction was physically ailing him.

Fiddling around in his pocket, Hinata pulled out his cracked cell phone. There was a bit of scotch tape over some of the back of the case where the plastic cracked. He decided to tape it up in an effort to keep his hand from being cut by the sharp edges when handling the device. He scrolled through the news feed trying to ignore the new people at the table but when he glanced over the edge of his cell phone he noticed something. The girl, he titled her, seemed a bit familiar. Was she one of the students at the UA entrance exam the other day? He couldn't help but let his eerie cat-like gaze linger on her for a moment as he tried to recall the image of her more clearly. None came perfectly to mind so he let it drop and returned to his cell phone for a moment before setting it down on the table and watching the exchange transpire.

He had no words for anybody, as usual.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:06 am

"The U.A. Exam, huh?" Gladia gave a charismatic smile, taking her time to converse with civvies - potential heroes in the making from the sounds of it. Vivi could've sworn she recognized the two of them, but the only definitive identities she recalled from the exam are Thunder Ryuu's - despite that probably not being his actual name, Miguel's, the oni's while too not knowing his name and... Steel Devil, who made her shudder with fright. Though, that was nothing compared to the scarlet warrioress throwing her into the fray: "My little sister here just went through it as well." It would be good to surround Vivi with energetic youth like this, especially if they may be going to U.A. together.

"Eh?!" Vivi freaked out as soon as Gladia referred to her and panicked, frantic to get away from any and all attention possible without getting up and running out of the shop. She looked around desperately for an escape, defaulting to her big sister's jacket and quickly covering herself up, huddling in the tent of Tyr's coat. Shaking like a leaf, the poor lass was left to wonder why she was condemned to the public outing - Gladia should know socializing is terrifying for her! Ugh... The woman didn't even seem fazed by the mini-heart attack she just caused, being casual in interaction as she was. It was a dream to be as... outgoing as the pro hero and would probably stay only that: a dream. So, now whimpering like a lost child looking for their mother, Vivi took a few moments before peering to the side to see if anyone was staring at her... and much to her horror, a boy was not only looking, but even waved! The feline lad was too! Well, maybe they were just paying closer attention to her sister - the gazes weren't only for her, nobody thought anything of her, it's okay.

It's probably okay.

"I sure hope you kids have the stomach for the Red Riot Challenge. It'll start to hit you after a few, and that's when the real fight starts." Gladia gave words of wisdom and warning while turning back to her kin, reaching to take the jacket off of her head. Yet, like an actual child, Vivi refused to let go of the coat's openings which confused Gladia initially. Though, seeing the shivering maiden brought the woman to at least adjust it so it was draped over her sister's shoulders. Thankfully for Shinobu, neither of the girls really caught on to the reason he was flustered initially and Vivi being thrice as flustered helped.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:20 am

Shinobu's ears twitched at the gorgeous redhead's response. His tail picked up velocity and his posture in general tensed up. The small, timid, dark haired girl was an aspiring hero! She certainly didn't look the part, cowering behind her sister as she was. Maybe she didn't pass. But then the older woman didn't seem remotely disappointed about that so that couldn't be it. Regardless this was a golden opportunity. The gears in the cat's head turned as Gladia offered some advice with regards to the Red Riot Challenge. He knew what he had to do. And with this motion set, his awkwardness fled as his typical energy took over again.

"You should take the challenge with us!" he declared excitedly as he stood and dramatically pointed at Vivi. "If you wanna be a hero then you'll wanna get in on this! I'm Shinobu Katou and that's Hinata Nagamine" he continued, motioning to his friend who had remained silent for the discourse thus far. "And one of us is gonna be the future number one hero!" the cat's enthusiasm was palpable as he declared his and Hinata's shared goal. He spoke it as a matter of fact. It was simply going to be. "Unless you wanna fight us for that is." he continued with a smirk. Clearly he had no read on how uncomfortable the girl had been with this whole situation. This display could well send her running. Some staff heard the commotion and while initially were going to yell at the feline child, took notice of the God War Hero and instead softened their tone.

With their arrival came the question of truth. Was Vivi joining the Red Riot Challenge? Shinobu was asked but he looked to the girl with a smile that expressed both confidence in her and a challenge to try and take him down. It was to be her choice if another ten chili dogs needed preparing.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:03 am

"Wah?!" Vivi shrieked, clinging on to the sides of her sister's jacket hanging from her own shoulders. Shinobu overwhelmed her with his energy and it was the most pressure she felt since the exam just yesterday, and there were way more people there! The girl had to fight at that exam and this was just as nerve-racking! Her expression was drawn with needless amount of shock and sweat upon being suggested to join the challenge. Though, she calmed over time with understanding of the enthusiastic tone in the cat boy. It was almost suffocating, but he meant no harm in his words. In fact, Vivi averted her gaze while gaining her composure upon hearing he or his friend would be the next number one hero.

"Not like you need to try hard to beat the current number one..." Gladia quietly muttered under her breath with venomous contempt, looking toward the window while her younger sister fought the battle of social interaction.

"E-Erm... Y-You see, meat and I don't get along..." Alright, that was a lie as Virtua was no vegetarian. Still, the Red Riot Challenge sounded like inviting the grim reaper's scythe to one's digestive system and never mind that eating contests sounded as undignified as they could possibly be. Just the mere thought of saucy slop smeared on faces of competitors made her dread what Deku would think.

Then, there was solace... Virtua had imagined how Gladia would look. Bits of chili speckling the perfect lips of Heroic Champion Tyr sounded unbelievable, yet with a personality as courageous and outgoing as hers, it didn't feel unnatural to visualize. It even seemed dreamy to think her knightly kin would come down to earth and enjoy a mess of fast food. "H-Hm..." The thought was tempting now that the redhead was in mind... and her mind immediately backed out of the idea. No, no way she could do it. "I'll have to decline-"

Gladia slammed her hand on the table, irritated by being lost in her thoughts about the current number one hero. "If she won't, I will. Virtua, you shall take my time!" Speaking confidently, the battle goddess declared the acceptance of the Red Riot Challenge, despite knowing how catastrophic it may end for all who partake in it. Alas, she is no coward and she did come here to eat after all.

"Eeeeeh?!" The young swordswoman was surprised that her imagination would become reality. "What about you and I having lunch?"

"I'll eat that as well."

"You want that much?!"

"Shinobu Katou! Hinata Nagamine! Here and now will I: Gladia Victoria, ascertain the extent your vigor!" Ever so dramatically did Tyr point to the aspiring youths. "And my younger sister, Virtua Victoria shall be one of our referees!"

"I will?!"
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:43 am

Hinata's face remained a blank slate throughout the entire discourse, yet when Gladia, the pro-hero, Tyr, announced she would be joining Hinata and Shinobu in their Red Riot Challenge of the day, he almost passed out in his chair. The only thing one might be able to read off of him was the sweat beading off his forehead. Whether that was because of the random edition of a third competitor in the challenge of the day or because as she sat at their table, a tray of steaming hot chili dogs was presented at the table. Maybe it was designed for a group to eat because rather than having only a prepared set amount, it was just a mountain of thirty dogs centered on one tray.

The waitress gave a bright smile to the three competitors and looked them over, motioning for Vivi to sit too because this was going to take awhile and it would be incredibly uncomfortable to stand that long. Her spiel started, "Okay, okay! Welcome to the Cosmic Cafe's Red Riot Challenge! Today you'll be testing yourself on how fast you can eat ten of our famous Red Riot Chili Dogs! Don't be fooled, they are filled to the brim with deliciousness, our guarantee! You have a complimentary timer for your meal with four buttons, as this challenge is normally designed for a full table of participants." On the clock there were four screens, each one ticking in sync to one another. When the waitress tapped a button, one of the clocks stopped with a blinking time. Upon clicking the button again, it returned to its sync with the other clocks. It was a four-way stop watch, only three of the screens would be needed though.

"Good luck! I hope to see you guys on the board after this!" She gave a more partial nod to Gladia than the other three, likely because she was a recognized individual while the other three were simply just "customers" to her. Hinata gave a short, affirmative nod and took the first dog in his hand. With his other free hand, he hovered it over his timer. He looked up, scanning the table somewhat kind of nervously.

"... On three. One, two,..." Hinata gently tapped the top of the timer for his clock to start.

"... Three!"

The challenge had begun.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:57 am

Well Virtua wasn't going to be joining the challenge. That was alright. If they were going to be in class together then Shinobu would have plenty more opportunities to challenge her to things. But the hot older sister, Gladia was getting in on things. Whoever it was, the cat boy didn't plan on losing. He wouldn't just beat the other two here, he'd beat Red Riot's time. He'd be new the top of the challenge! They'd have to rename it after him once he was through with it.

"You're crazy lady, I like that!" he called back to the bold declaration from the pro. Thankfully there was little time to continue the shouting match as a veritable mountain of chilidogs were brought to the table. Ten for each participant, all in one platter. The ten dogs alone would have been a challenge as they were larger than average. Something one might get at a ball park. Add to that heaping pile of chili topped with onions and cheese and just the sight filled the weak at heart and stomach. The cat's fur was on end from the anticipation and static build up. To really get in the mood he quickly removed his shirt, showing off his still very fur covered chest. His chest and abdomen were white in color like the underbelly of a cheetah. He had done this at Hinata's home when he said he'd get serious at tetris effect. Shirts just had to come off when a man got serious.

"... On three. One, two,...... Three!"

The time had started for each of them and Shinobu wasted no time for courteous eating practices. He simply grabbed the nearest chili dog and began shoving as much of it as he could handle into his face, creating quite a mess in the process but he'd get to clean up after downing the dog. This strategy put him ahead initially but had him lagging towards the end of the dog. And so the game went on of a fast start and a struggle to finish. And in general this pace slowed with each of the dogs. One and two were very quick starts with a few hiccups here and there. Three and four had slower starts and more bumps in the road.

Chili dog five was the height of tension. The feline boy was a hearty eater but it was clear he never did things like this. His body was slim and already his stomach could be beginning to bulge out from its usual flatness. Half-way into it Shinobu felt like he was hitting a wall. His pace slowed and almost came to a halt. But then he looked at the others competing with him. He thought of standing at the top of the world of heroes. Could he face the people if he gave up, even in something like this? No he had to push on! And so he continued and finished the fifth. Halfway through the challenge. Five chili dogs left but he knew he could do it. While not his initial pace he began on the sixth with a renewed urgency. Chili covered his hands and face but that didn't matter. Four more dogs.

Eating no longer felt enjoyable. It no longer felt painful. Everything was just discomfort. Discomfort and the need to win. His body rejected each bite yet he forced more down. He was going to win. Not just win, he was going to be the best. What number was he even on now? Eight as it happened. Two more after it was finished. The world felt like it was shrinking around him. His only focus was the remaining food. He could hardly see Hinata or Gladia. He kept eating. He was going to be done with food for a long time after this. Only one left. His pace was pathetic. He thought he could hear cheers from staff and onlookers from the cafe. Maybe he was just imagining it. But today was really going out of its way to show him what the hero life would be like. He could get used to people cheering for him just like he could get use to pretty people talking to him. Somehow or other he forced the tenth dog down and then somehow still had the strength and will to devour every last bit of spilled chili and onions on his side of the table before nearly falling forward onto the table.

"Uuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" came his triumphant cry of pain as his time was stopped. Only once all the participants had recovered enough to process what was happening would they know how they'd done.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:20 am

"How unpleasant."

Hinata made a blanket comment of disgust after he stopped his timer. Unfortunately he didn't actually quite qualify for it, as the boy did not meet the necessary quota for chili dogs. The scene went something like this: he hit the clock to start. As he, Shinobu, and Gladia were all given the okay to begin, he tried to take it steady and a constant pace. He knew starting fast was the one-way ticket to burning out and being unable to finish eating. So instead he took an alternative route and tried to eat his chili dogs consistently but quickly. Now it was at this moment that the question needed to be begged, why did Hinata accept this kind of challenge? Not only did he feel very strange trying to eat with such a primal vigor like his two opponents, but also he wasn't exactly one with the largest stomach. He should've known this event wouldn't have ended in a positive manner.

In between trying to hide the hideous display of downing chili dogs from most of the cafe (which he managed to do so decently well), and chomping them down to their finish, he only managed to reach seven of the required ten chili dogs before he felt his body give in. It wasn't like a pacer-test give in where your heart was about to pop at any moment, but more of a mere passing that if he tried to eat one more chili dog, all seven of its friends would come right back up half-digested all over the table. He preserved his pride and took the loss on the event, hitting his clock and once more uttering in reference to the tumultuous feeling brewing in his stomach, "How unpleasant."

He held himself up by his knees using his hands to keep him propped up as to not flop over on the table and try to sleep away the agony. Once they were done here, he was taking a long and needed break in the bathroom. Not the cafe bathroom, no way, the one back at home. He'd bike it if he had to, but these dogs were not gonna go down soundly for very long.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:52 am

A dreamscape of a sparkly pink background painted itself with bubbles as an imaginary Gladia turned to Vivi, sauce dirtying her perfect, angelic features as the heiress gently wiped it away with a napkin, gifted with a heavenly "Oh, thank you" from the warrioress with a cute smile.

Vivi had a new appreciation for chili dogs. Though, that daydream and said appreciation came only after the contest which was as unpleasant as Hinata made it sound. Having taken a seat at the table, she got to witness firsthand the cat boy taking his shirt off, an introverted kid trying to chomp through the meat while looking as if he regretted his life choices up until now, and the heroic champion wolfing down food like it was her uniquely freakish talent everyone has. The black haired swordswoman couldn't understand the appeal of whatever... this, was, but the energy from the crowd and the participants - the disdain she assumed Hinata had aside - made her realize the world is an interesting place even when quirks aren't involved. So, she made sure to pay attention if only because of the hotbloodedness of the competition.

Meanwhile, Gladia had no complicated thoughts of the sort and simply pressed the chili dogs to her mouth and mowed through them in their entirety. She was no competitive eater, yet she tore through the meat effortlessly like it was her second quirk. Despite the speed, a respectable level of grace was maintained while positioned to not let the spicy sauce stain her white dress shirt, meeting the expectations of the official who nodded at her while still capturing a wondrous image of elegance in some kind of primal form for Virtua. It was quite the show if only because of who it was more than anything, and it seems Shinobu and Hinata were having the struggle she warned in advance about, as the former was putting himself through torture while the latter simply threw in the towel early. What kind of heroes would they be if Red Riot's challenge would be them so? The redhead held a sly grin while taking note of her obvious advantage, managing to survey the upcoming youths in these dark times while not noticing the few specks of the food painting her lips. Some even got on her cheek from a rather savage bite into her sixth, having not been quite as fast as Shinobu but held the heat down that tickled and scorched her throat so.

Is Tyr some kind of monster?

With the feline lad having slowed considerably, Gladia went ahead and finished awhile before him.

"Ah, Gladia..." Vivi got her elder sister's attention, who looked at her curiously. Vivi noticed the leftovers blemishing the scarlet hero's visage and retrieved a napkin from the table they were previously sitting at, only to live out the daydream she would come to have as Tyr gave her a pretty grin, making her blush a fair traded pretty pink. "... Chili dogs..." Vivi kept note of this. "... Oh, you both finished as well."
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:19 pm

It took a minute but Shinobu stirred from his chili dog induced paralysis. He slowly sat up to see a half dead Hinata with three unfinished chili dogs in front of him. Seems he couldn't make it. More surprising was Gladia who seemed to have handled the challenge with relative ease. Before even looking at the clocks he knew she'd beaten him. He didn't know girls could eat like that. But then the only woman in his home was his mother who definitely didn't eat like that so he had little to work off of. Now for the moment of truth. He looked to the screens provided. Red Riot's record on the challenge was a startling thirteen minutes. Had he even come close?

"Twenty-five..." he said softly with a defeated tone. Almost double Red Riot's time. As it stood this still qualified him to get up on the wall which was something to be happy about he supposed. But then he looked at Gladia's time. The redheaded beauty had actually given Red Riot a run for his money. Was it in the red hair? Is that what it took to eat chili dogs fast? Maybe if he dyed his fur red he'd go faster. Shinobu was provided with a host of napkins to clean his hands and face which he did slowly as he sat back in his chair, trying not to move his stomach too fast.

"Man, you weren't kidding." he said, trying to laugh about the situation, to Gladia. She had warned them, almost like she'd done this before, and every word of it was coming true. Still for his first foray into eating challenges he was glad to have at least finished. How happy his digestive system was going to be fore the next whlle was a different story entirely. When they felt ready to do so, the restaurant staff would take pictures of the two who had finished. After getting their names they'd be up on the wall of successful challengers within the next day or so.

"You know, Virtua was it?" he said to the black haired girl who hadn't participated. His shirt was in his hand as if he'd considered putting it back on but still wasn't sure how smart it was to be moving right now. "You missed a real good time here today. It may not be eating but if you're gonna be in class with me you can bet I'm gonna get you to take me on in something or other." he said with as much of a smirk as he could muster. He'd find something to challenge her to eventually. Something she couldn't refuse or bow out of.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:19 pm

Red Riot's record wasn't human, having set it at a remarkable thirteen minutes... and Gladia was only four minutes off at seventeen! Vivi took a good, long moment to be shocked by the seemingly small difference after noting the other two finished... well, after Shinobu finished. Hinata had given up and she didn't hold it against him; in fact even commending him for even getting to seven. The ponytailed heiress would have asked if they were alright before the feline moodmaker spoke to him. "M-Missed a real good time, huh..." Shinobu's stomach was going to throw a fit for the next few days, Hinata couldn't even make it to the finish line, and that gratuitous amount of meat and sauce would tear her petite frame's system a new one and a half. Staring at some of the untouched food with a bead of sweat and a look of cynicism coupled with fear, she kind of doubted that statement to say the least. "Y-Yeah... Missed a r-... real good time..." The swordswoman couldn't help but come off as just a tiny bit sarcastic. "W-Well..." Shinobu's enthusiasm was genuine and passionate, but it was also overwhelming for the timid maiden since the mere falling of a leaf would make her shriek with surprise. "I-I don't know if I'll be a good c-challenge or anything..."

A pause in Virtua's stammering came from Gladia pulling her close by the shoulder, bringing the young missy into the victory picture. The redhead brought up digits in a V-sign, smiling while Vivi was a little dumbfounded in the shot. Not being overly photogenic, the lass blushed once again after being let go.

"An earnest one, aren't you?" Gladia to the rescue saved Virtua from having to go through the conversation on her own. "It takes a level of bravery and a hint of stupidity to fearlessly charge into Red Riot's challenge, yet you still fought and wish for a showdown with my sister... I like it!" For a woman who just scarfed down ten steaming hot assortments of torture, she sure didn't seem at all affected. Even more so, she slammed her hands on the table for emphasis, standing up while sporting a hearty grin. "Though, you need more than guts to be become the number one hero... And speaking of, the young lad over here did not even finish." The scarlet warrioress directed her attention to Hinata, almost holding disdain and disappointment in tone. A crimson gaze read the introverted boy's expression, witnessing what she dubbed to be resignation from him trying to rest in his position.

He fought hard in the battle, getting seven out of ten... but villainy does not allow one to escape with fighting hard and not winning.

"However," Tyr began, picking up her words. "You had the gall to know when to quit instead of forcing yourself through a battle you cannot win. Knowing when to retreat and accepting there is simply a wall takes brains, and brains are necessary for strong heroes as much as determination." She commended Hinata as she did Shinobu, speaking of their traits shown from the war against chili dogs and ended with: "I'm unsure about the spot of number one hero for now... Even so, you both have potential regardless." If these are schoolmates for her younger sister, then she was even more confident she would be fine. Hell, she was confident Vivi was making it in without seeing results. Tyr is simply a person of absoluteness in her self-assurance.

N-Number one hero... Could the number one hero be stumped by Red Riot's challenge, Vivi thought. Could Deku beat it? No, he definitely could. So for them to be who they expect to be, they would have to be around Deku's height...

"Now, about lunch." Gladia turned to a waitress.

"How do you still want more?!" Virtua inquired.

"I promised my little sister lunch together today and we're going to have it!"
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:10 am

Virtua's shyness seemed to know no bounds as she stuttered through her replies to Shinobu's comments. He grunted a bit in discomfort as he shifted in his seat. He was ready to assure the girl that it didn't have to be something she was bad at or scared of doing. The cat would take on anyone in anything, even if it's what they were best at. What that was for Virtua he could not even remotely begin to say but he'd figure something out as they got to know each other more. But before he could explain this intricate process to the girl her sister spoke up. The woman appreciated his bravery and desire to face off with her younger sister and it was that kind of talk that only served to pump Shinobu up more. Granted, getting excited right now was a dangerous thing to do. Her tone took a turn as she mentioned it wouldn't be enough to be number one and then went to speak to Hinata who didn't even finish. Ultimately she did praise what she found worthy of it in him. Then the mad woman was ready for her lunch she'd originally planned on getting.

"Man, you sound like a pro hero or something lady!" he said with a laugh. The oblivious feline still hadn't put it together that this was Tyr, who he'd seen multiple times on the news or whatever else. When a mind as fast as his missed something it usually had to pick it up on the next lap. "Hear that Hinata? We got potential. We're gonna take the world by storm! Just keep your eyes on me or you'll fall behind!" he went on almost gloating despite having been soundly beaten in the challenge. Taking a risk, the boy stood up. His stomach complained a fair bit as he did so. He'd come here on foot so he needed his body to let him run back home.

"That goes for you too Virtua!" he said looking the younger girl in the eyes. Well assuming she did eye contact with people she'd just met. "I need you and everyone I can fighting me for the top. Getting there for free would suck! So keep your eyes on me so I don't leave you behind." If Shinobu realized he was much more energy than the girl could take at the moment, he certainly wasn't showing it. Or slowing down for that matter. A thought seemed to pop into his head as he threw his shirt over his shoulder and retrieved his phone from the table, the leopard print design case now on display. "In faaaact, we should all swap info so you can get invites to our next challenge!" he said, nearly hopping in place. He would have been if not for the pounds of chili sitting in his stomach at the moment.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jello Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:07 am

Hinata sank in his seat as Gladia even directed her attention at him. Not only did he indeed feel some kind of anxiety about not finishing the challenge entirely, but having to be consoled for his efforts with praise felt wrong. Even if it was kind of nice to hear that she respected his mentality on it, he still failed to accomplish what he set out to do. The challenge was silly and offered no real accolade that Hinata desired but it was the principle alone that set a standard. Not reaching that standard meant that he had failed himself and that was one of the few people he couldn't afford to disappoint. He gave a vacant nod, trying to take the praise with a grain of salt and looking back to Shinobu who seemed to be way more into it than Hinata himself.

The vulpine-eyed boy looked back at his feline companion, returning a similar vacant nod and then raising a brow at his friend's suggestion to share contact information. More phone numbers? Hinata wasn't necessarily opposed to the idea of having more people he could talk to but then really he hadn't yet said a word to Virtua or Tyr so texting and calling them was completely out of the works if he didn't do at least that much. He looked dead-eyed at Tyr and Virtua, after glancing at his phone a couple of times, then said, "I appreciate the praise, and I look forward to seeing you at school this fall." Hinata spoke with what seemed like a rather deadpan expression and monotone voice but it was the way his words sent no hint of hesitance that he got in was his goal. He knew he was going to be accepted. It wasn't being cocky, it was being honest. Hinata had figured he'd be accepted because if he wasn't, he'd be destroyed. In the event he hadn't gotten in at all, he'd delete Shinobu's number and cease contact with the outside world, becoming inconsolable as a result. So if he was going to take the time to share contact info with these people, he'd damn well have better gotten in.

He set out his cell phone palm up ready to sync numbers with Virtua and Gladia, or just one or the other depending on who was even interested. He sort of took a lead on this because knowing Shinobu, he'd have done the same in a few moments whether Hinata had spoken up at all.
Jello
Jello

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:47 am

"A pro hero or something, hm?" Gladia decided to play along with Shinobu's words, unknowing if he was trying to be sarcastic... or was actually just ignorant to her identity. Not one to flaunt her title however, the redhead took it in stride and kept a grin painted on. That left Hinata, who still didn't share the same enthusiasm as his companion here, but she assumed her words had some kind of impact for him to have listened and responded with body language. Attentive of youth, yet attempting to not be in their face, Tyr was going through the wonders of being a young adult as she would make way back to the table she and Vivi were going to eat at.

This left Vivi to deal with the vibrant assault of Shinobu's energy. She was kind of hoping that chili dog contest dwindled him down some, but nothing seems to really go her way more often than not. So as a result, she was still a nervous mess when he kept pressing. "I, uh..." Someone needs her?! Oh God, that's even worse than being requested for competition of any sort! Being the expected heiress of her clan was already enough pressure for a lifetime, so the girl bit her lip in fearful frustration. "I..." The girl fumbled, looking for words. It wasn't that she was upset with him, she just kind of wished he would stop. Though... He did have quite the mentality for competition to earn his place at the top. "Err..."

Then the cat boy held up his phone. "Swap info...?" It took her a second, but she hit upon him meaning phone numbers. Hinata even spoke up and sounded confident about getting into the school, making the lass all the more nervous about both situations. He barely spoke a word and was in on this info exchange too! "Um... I don't really..." Virtua took a moment of pause, contemplating that she didn't even know these two - Gladia was the one who talked with them more. Despite this, if they were going to the same school as her, she'd definitely run into them again whether she liked it or not and... a hero doesn't have to fight on their own, even heroic champion Tyr takes assistance gratefully when it comes.

Even Deku had friends.

"... O-Okay..." Vivi accepted, surprising Gladia by plucking out a mobile device with a cute, pink ribbon wrapped around a black case having two opposing-facing bluish-white swords designed on. Very tentatively did her dainty digits cautiously bounce between buttons, registering the two in contacts.

"You'll have my contact information when the time is ripe." Tyr smiled, not intervening with her younger sister making potential friends. "You will be able to call upon me whenever you wish by then." Speaking playfully, she spoke in a bit of a riddle while avoiding the exchange for now.

Vivi took her seat again, still having Tyr's jacket over her shoulders while staring at her phone in awe and wonder.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:22 am

The cat boy was pleasantly surprised to hear a strong affirmation from Hinata that he would be getting in, even though they didn't now know. Along with this, despite some clear trepidation, Virtua agreed to share info with them. Shinobu kept a wide grin on his face as the three swapped numbers. He then set up a group chat and sent a thumbs up emoji to make sure both received it. To add another pleasant surprise to the mix. Gladia mentioned they'd get her number some day. The idea of having her phone number and being able to call her whenever had the feline's heart pounding in his chest. He didn't know what he had to do to get that day to come, but he was sure going to do it.

"Alright! We'll have to have our first proper three-way challenge in a few days. If either of you get ideas before me, just throw 'em at the group! Man, I can't wait!" Shinobu continued. His excitement showed a potential beginning to an end as in all his moving about he accidentally shocked one of the passing staff members when his tail brushed up against them. The employee jumped and the feline began apologizing profusely. He grabbed onto his tail with one hand for good measure. He had to pay better attention to everyone around him, even when he was in the zone. His phone vibrated, causing him to read over a message that had come in.

"Talk about a life saver." he said with noticeable relief in his voice. The message had been from his mother who was informing him she'd be picking him up. He had informed his family of his plan for the afternoon and she was rightly concerned about him running home after a food competition. Shinobu finally threw his shirt back on before turning to the group. "Well, it's time I got going. Pleasure meeting you ladies," he said with a look at Virtua and Gladia. "Good work today Hinata. One day we're gonna come back here and we're both gonna destroy Red Riot's time!" came the declaration. "I'll catch you guys later!" he called out as he began jogging slowly out of the cafe.

It would be much later that evening as the boy was lying in bed, looking at his phone, that Shinobu would make a connection he'd been missing all day. Amid stomach discomfort induced groans, his words would come back to him. "Man, you sound like a pro hero or something lady!" She didn't just sound like a pro hero. She was a pro hero! The boy would then shoot up in bed and search the internet for Tyr the War God Hero only to see Gladia's face. He'd heard of her before on tv a couple times. He'd met a pro hero without even realizing it! And that meant Virtua was the little sister of a pro. She must have just been being super modest about her talents. He just knew she was going to prove to be a great rival!
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down