BNHA: The Worth of a Hero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.A Infirmary

3 posters

Go down

U.A Infirmary  Empty U.A Infirmary

Post by TrueLily Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 pm

Due to the dangerous nature of the course, the students of U.A. often find themselves on death's door. For this reason, the academy has an infirmary stocked with the finest in medical technology, staffed with the best school nurses money can buy. The state-of-the-art technology allows students to recover in record time, giving them all the opportunity they need to immediately destroy their bodies one more time! The totally white and sterile decor of the room may be soul-drainingly boring, but you'll be thankful when you wake up there.
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

U.A Infirmary  Empty Re: U.A Infirmary

Post by TrueLily Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 pm

Yuri's eyes slowly fluttered open, staring directly into a bright, fluorescent light. All around her, the whirring, humming, and beeping of machines filled an otherwise quiet and still room. Where was she? She sat up in the cot she found herself in and glanced around. The room she was in was barren. White-tiled floors and walls, and similarly bland sheets on the cot. Combined with the machines around her, and the few staff members she saw, she figured this must be the school infirmary. Now she remembered. She had passed out during the exam. Her injuries hadn't been too bad, mostly minor cuts and scratches along her arms, except for the one major blow Vivi had dealt to her thigh, and those injuries seemed to have quickly disappeared, though Yuri had no idea how long she was out. For all she knew, she had been lying there for a week. Not wanting to risk losing even more time, Yuri got out of her cot.

Yuri wondered what had happened to the other students in her exam. Last she remembered, Miguel was in very bad shape, and that girl, Skye, wasn't giving him any breaks. Though she didn't look much better herself, Yuri was unsure if she would've been brought to the infirmary. But then there was Virtua... The poor girl had taken a serious beating, mostly on behalf of Yuri. In hindsight, she sort of regretted it. Had she really choked the girl out? That couldn't look good on a hero's record. Yuri just hoped she hadn't caused the girl any serious, permanent harm. Well, there was only one way to find out. Assuming she must be in the infirmary too, Yuri asked the staff where she might find her - and how long she'd been out, while she was at it. It turns out she wasn't even out for an hour. Technology is amazing! Armed with the information of Virtua's whereabouts, Yuri went to the girl's bedside.

Yuri sighed, "Poor thing," she thought aloud, looking down at the pitiful girl. She began to reach out her arm, wanting to touch Vivi's neck, see if it was okay, but stopped herself, realizing how bad that would look, considering the circumstances. Instead, she just kept standing, deigning to keep watch over Vivi until she woke up. In the back of her mind, she worried for Miguel, too. Perhaps he had already woken up and moved on, or perhaps he was still recovering in the infirmary. She hoped she'd bump into him again soon, see that he's alright. The kid had tried so hard during their exam. A real star. Totally didn't deserve the shit Yuri gave him beforehand. Not that that meant she was going to let up once she found out he was alright, of course.
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:33 am

Something was stirring in Skye's mind as she laid against the surprisingly soft infirmary bed. Or was it even that soft? She didn't have much experience with the finer things in life, and this cot seemed as plush as money could buy. Only the best for U.A., she supposed. She remembered regaining consciousness a while ago; though what had she really done with it? A few times, as she laid there, she had considered requesting some dosage of drugs to slip her back under under the vague excuse of pain for a bit of brief respite from her thoughts. She hated noise, yet the alternative silence offered was a bit too suffocating.

Was she justified in the lengths she went to? What snapped in her mind to cause that? It was no secret that she was on edge, but so soon? On an innocent boy who had done nothing to justify such hurt? What bad had he really done? She dared to hope she had done no long-lasting damage, at least. Judging by how spotless her body was, U.A.'s technology was in a league all its own. She even heard rumours of a couple healing Quirks in the staff; undoubtedly being paid sky-high amounts for their help. Why was it always money with Skye?

Her first day at U.A. served to remind her of a lesson she knew all too well; of the thin line between heroic and villainous. Skye would never hesitate to do what she deemed necessary for success, and that was her version of being a hero. But such violence was not necessary. In some ways, she regretted it. In others, she didn't. But the question lingered in her head; what if she had gone farther? Had just a slightly worse day? The demons in her head were not the kind to be allowed to run amock - they had to be kept close to her at all times, kept on a leash.

She had made up her mind. She would do better. She would apologize. She would not run. Kicking herself off the bed, she made her way to the infirmary room, realizing she was still in her hero costume as she did so. She really had been in her own head. She opened the door as softly as she could, rounding a corner, and entering Vivi's room. She'd came a while ago when the girl was still out cold; and left soon after. Skye had a strange habit of never sticking when a fight was done. The only wounds she ever saw were fresh, or on her own body. There was something disturbing about such a docile girl in that helpless state, only an hour after what had felt like a fight for their lives. Was being a hero truly what she wanted?

She thought of her family. She thought of her empty pockets. She thought about how a hopsital bed had been the comfiest bed she'd ever known.

She tightened her fist and rekindled the flames of her resolve, entering the room.

And just about ran out when she saw Yuri there too.

"Y-Yuri!" She exclaimed, rooting herself in place. Panic froze first, then screamed to run, and while she didn't particularly want to see Yuri right now, she wouldn't allow herself to show weakness. She wouldn't allow herself to run like prey. Yuri was no villain; though, maybe Skye was treading a thin line at this rate. "I, uh... didn't... expect to see you."
Shirii
Shirii
Admin

https://bnharoleplayig.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:15 am

It was a calm and pretty day. Not much was going on around the house. Both parents were at work, so the young man opted to remain at home with his siblings instead of going outside and do whatever. However, there wasn't much else to do in his house, so the young boy dediced to use the old reliable - Watch TV. He needed to relax a little; while everything was calm outside, his mind was an office building being slowly consumed by a raging fire and all the workers were trapped inside. Oh, and he had the TV all to himself due to his sister being on her room, which was nice. Also, the newly born twins weren't going to be a problem since they recently fell asleep. As soon as he started his traditional channel hopping, his attention was suddenly dragged to a live coverage of a hero fighting an evildoer. Of course he missed some context of the situation, but that wasn't important.

The hero (Or heroine, in this case), who was sporting bright red hair and wearing a costume that reminded him of fantasy knights, was fighting with all her might (No pun intended) against an impromptu villain. Of course, it was nothing entirely new. It wasn't that strange to see live heroics on TV at any hour, and the young man had already seen his fair share of hero news. But, somehow, this one felt different. The confrontation was happening on a public road, with a lot of onlookers separated from the warzone by a makeshift barricade erected by the police force in that area. It was soon made clear that the villain wasn't alone, as many of his helpers started to pop out one by one. Many of them weren't even concentrating their attacks on her, but on the citizens or even the buildings surrounding them, trying to distract her and make attacking her even more easy for their leader.

The heroine found herself in quite the difficult situation.

And that won the prize as the understatement of the year.

The kid started to doubt himself. Why was he looking such a carnage? He didn't like violence like much boys his age would, and he could change channels whenever he wanted. Also, while the heroine wasn't ugly by today's standards, he didn't think she was pretty enough to keep him glued to his seat. He even knew how it was going to end! The heroine more than likely was going defeat the villains through sheer willpower, or receive the help from any of the many heroes that could be around and doing nothing. Whatever was going to be, he knew that the hero always won in the end. That much wasn't a surprise in the society he lived in. So why? Why was he so fixated on seeing that? Maybe it had something to do with the heroine.

No, he wasn't finding her increbidly beautiful all of a sudden. It was the fact that, even since he started watching the news, maybe even since the start of the whole confrontation... She never stopped smiling. Not even a bit.

There was some kind of reassuring presence emanating from her, and it was pretty clear that her opponents hated it. It was starting to unnerve them, and it was a matter of time before they made a mistake because of that. She was effectively telling them that, no matter what they did, it wasn't enough to faze her, while also telling the citizens that everything was going to be alright... As she was going to protect them, no matter what. The kid got that much from such a simple smile, that he took some time to notice that his heartbeat was slowly increasing. His heart was racing.

He wanted to see the end of it all; he wanted to see how she defeated them and, more importantly, he wanted to see how she maintained her promise to the masses. The promise that nothing was going to happen to them and there was nothing to fear because she was there to protect them

It was at this time that the fire in the kid's mind subsided, when he finally realized what he wanted to do with his life.

He wanted to become a hero.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And just like that, Miguel woke up. Ignoring his dream, as he didn't remember it clearly, the boy looked around in confusion. The last thing he remembered was suffering the punishment of his life at the hands (Or rather, feet) of one of his opponents during the previous exam - Skye Larisa. Of course, he didn't knew her full name, nor why she suddenly acted like crazy after he said... Something? He couldn't remember very well what did he say that made her so angry. So, when taking all of this into account, it was understandable for him to feel confused about waking up in a white room, surrounded by a lot of unknown machinery, feeling close to no pain while on his body, and having complete mobility on both his arms. Arms that suffered quite the damage previously.

It was soon obvious to him that he was brought into the school's infirmary after he lose consciousness. Remembering the circumstances under which he passed out, he lifted his left arm and proceeded to closely inspect his left wrist. It seemed... Good as new. He could move it as if nothing happened. But the memory of the stomping was still fresh in his mind, making him stop moving his hand. For him, there was the possibility that the pain could kick in at any moment, so it was better for him to play it safe and stop moving his hand too much. He then decided to stand up, but did it slowly as he expecting some kind of recoil from his body. He felt but relief at the fact that it didn't happen. As he noticed earlier, the room was completely white, with a lot of machines that didn't seem familiar, and a door with a small window through which he could see absolutely nothing. But at least he could hear that there were people outside. "Huh... I wonder what happened with Yuri and the others..." He thought. "Where they brought here too? Nah, no way. They looked way more used to fighting that me. It makes more sense that I was the only one sent here...". Suddenly, Miguel started to feel ashamed that he wasn't as combat-ready as his companion. "Maybe I could've...".

He took his time, but in the end noticed that he was still wearing his hero costume His completely destroyed hero costume. "Oh man..." He said after letting out a big sigh. He worked so much into designing his costume, and now it was completely ruined. The gloves and sleeves were completely destroyed and there were cuts all over the place. The helmet was intact somehow, something he noticed as he saw it hanging next to his school uniform at the side of his bed. The same uniform he left scattered all over the changing room's floor. "Really nice of them to pick it up and bring it here..." He thought, feeling even more ashamed that someone had to clean after his mess. Even he should be able to clean up after himself. "Well... I feel ok, so its time to get up...".

After a couple of minutes, Miguel managed to change back into his uniform. After tidying the bed, he took his destroyed costume and helmet, and walked towards the door. However, he stopped once his hand was on the doorknob. "This... This is how the life of a hero is..." He thought, finally feeling the pressure of the day he just had. "Am... Am I really ready for this? Am I really qualified to be a hero?". It was just his first exam and his first day on a new school, but he ignored that fact, along with many of his contributions to his team. "I just made it worse for my partner... And I keep calling her like that!". He exploded, hitting the door with his right fist. He might've surprised one or two nurses that way. "I shouldn't call her my partner if I'm not at the same level! Am I... Am I really...?".

The boy could've spent the whole day sulking and feeling less than everyone inside that room if it wasn't for a message he received the following seconds. Somehow, his phone wasn't lost during the whole ordeal that was changing into his costume. It remained safe on his pants the whole time. Taking his phone out of his pocket, he noticed that not only it was a voice message, but it was from his older sister. He pressed play to hear a familiar voice talking:

"Hey there little bro. I was just checking how you were doing on your first day. I suppose you must be busy. Hero life ain't easy, eh? Look at this, some idiot broke a couple of buildings trying to scare off a hero. Things got quite dark after that, so we are cleaning up the mess. They say the could change the place into a mall, but I don't think I need we need a new one".

Miguel's face started to sport a little smile seconds after he started listening to the message. He didn't knew he needed something so much until he recieved it.

"Oh wait! Here's dad! Here; say something nice to your son-"

"Oh shi- H-Hey kiddo" His father started speaking. "How you doing? I bet you're doing fine. So fine that maybe you'll come home tonight as a full-fledged hero! But hey, take it easy. If you become a hero that fast, then you'll go to the streets and take out the criminals, then we're going to lose our jobs! No hero will be out destroying stuff for us to demolish later!". Those words from his father nearly drove him to tears. It was particularly painful to him as he remembered how much he tried to hide how sad he felt after he revealed to him that he wasn't going to follow the family traditions. He was saddened bu he was still encouraging him.

His sister then took over for the rest of the message. "Yeah yeah, go put that rubble away, would you? Yeah, we're working hard. Just like you bro. But as dad said, take it easy. Give me a call tonight, if you're not busy fighting crime and making the world a better place. You know, typical hero stuff. Also, don't worry about small stuff. I know you tend to do it from time to time. You're going to make it. Love ya. Bye".

Miguel felt like a complete idiot. Here he was thinking about resigning while his family was still supporting him. He might have upsetted them before with his decisions, but they weren't going to stop giving him all their support. There was no going back now, he didn't want to go back on his word. He failed an exam, so what? If he had to fail 50 exams, break his arms, lose a leg, and face crazy people that snapped at him out of nowhere, just to become a hero, then he would gladly do so. As his sister said, "hero life ain't easy". What were they going to think if he went back to them after getting some bruises the first day? It was time to man up and show the world he was capable of taking whatever it threw at him like a champ. This newfound resolve allowed Miguel to finally open the door.

However, he still had Yuri and the other girls on his mind Where were they? Even thought the possibility of them being on the infirmary was small, he still asked a nurse about them. "There's no way Yuri or Virtua could've ended up here" He thought while waiting for an answer. "They're way too cool to fall during the first exam". Yeah, his whole worldview shattered into multiple pieces as the nurse proceeded to point the rooms where they were. "Oh man..." He said to himself. He came running into Yuri's room, only to see, to his horror, that no one was there. "What the-? Did she leave already!? ... That's my partner for you!!". It made sense for him that, even if Yuri ended up on the infirmary, she managed to recover quickly and left without problems. Miguel felt proud of having someone like the plant girl as a partner during the first exam. Strangely, it was the same pride a parent should feel about his own child's good grades. However, he still felt that he needed to check on the other girls, even thought they were his opponents... And one of them broke his wrist. He was reluctant about looking for that particular violent girl. He felt no pain, but the memory was still there. It wasn't going away anytime soon. Also, the fact that she could still be mad at him made him consider if he wanted to risk his very fragile being.

Even though he didn't knew the name of said girl, he could deduce (By process of elimination) that her name had to be Skye. Virtua turned out to be the girl he met at the entrance exam (And he was proud of finally making the connection between Vivi and Virtua. What a champ). However, to avoid getting hurt, he resorted to walking really slowly into Skye's room and just take a quick peek. And that's what he did, seeing absolutely nothing. "Well, I tried" He said. He just needed to check Virtua's room to finish his little tour. He was quite excited to see her, as she was one of the most cordial students he interacted with so far. He didn't feel any malice coming from her attacks, so it was fine for him to stay a little.

To his surprise, not only was the door of the room opened, but there were people inside. "Oh, who could they be?" Miguel thought to himself. He saw from outside that one of those people was none other that Yuri. "Partner! Partner!" Said Miguel in a cheerful tone. He was just happy to see her not so long after the exam. "I knew you recovered quickly! I'm so glad to see yo-".

However, he then noted that the person closer to the entrance was also someone he knew. It was Skye Larisa. Miguel froze up completely, refusing to approach the room any further. He ran simulations in his mind about what to do if she came to attack him. Sadly, all of those simulations ended up in complete failure. "Oh shit..." He thought, completely unprepared for what was about to happen. "... Hi, you" He said on instinct, forgetting the fact that you shouldn't attract the attention of any predators in circumstances like this.

Last edited by Nova Major on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:50 am

Yuri's eyes flicked up from Vivi upon hearing Skye enter the room. It was only natural Skye would want to visit her partner, so she unsurprised to see her here. Though she may not have particularly wanted to. It did beg the question, though. Why hadn't Yuri visited Miguel, her own partner, first? Had she just believed that Miguel could handle himself? Perhaps she thought Vivi was in worse condition. Maybe it was her own guilt, knowing that Vivi's injuries were her fault, and she simply wanted to clear her conscience as soon as possible. Or maybe, despite Yuri's teasing, the girl really had wormed her way into Yuri's affections. Her tenacity and earnestness were certainly admirable... No, this wasn't the time to think about that, Yuri told herself, forcing herself to snap out of it. Right now, she was faced with Skye. Not Miguel, and not Virtua. Skye. The scars this girl had left on her were shallow, and were already healed, but just seeing the girl sent a familiar pain coursing all across her arms. She placed a hand on her hip, looking dismissively at the new visitor, "That so?" she questioned, "I was just so worried about poor, little Vivi after what I did to her, I couldn't help but check on her," she said, "I really did get far too carried away. I'm so relieved to see she seems okay." Yuri hesitated, just for a moment. She almost wasn't sure if she wanted to commit to her next words, but a burst of internal emotion forced them out, "But I'm sure you know how that feels. After what happened with Miguel, and all... How was he? You did check on him, I assume." The reality was that Yuri didn't think Skye would've checked on Miguel already, and beyond that, she knew that it was completely reasonable for her not to. Almost immediately, Yuri regretted what she had said. Was there really a need to stir guilt in this girl's heart? She likely already knew exactly what she had done, and didn't need Yuri to remind her. Yuri wasn't here to make enemies, and she doubted Skye was either. Yuri let out a sigh, and opened her mouth, wanting to apologize for her provocation, only to be interrupted.

Miguel suddenly entered the room, seemingly no worse for wear, much to Yuri's relief. Glad to be saved, at least momentarily, from having to apologize to Skye, she smiled at her partner, "Hello, partner," she returned, and chuckled, "don't worry too much," she tried to assure him, easing his fear of Skye, "Skye's just here to check on her partner, right? The exam's over now, so no need to be on edge, hmm?" Yuri, of course, was on edge herself, but was unwilling to let anyone see that. "I'm glad to see you've recovered as well. Perhaps once little Vivi gets up, we'll have an opportunity to know more about each other than the colors of our blood."
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:30 am

Fears had a strange and somewhat peculiar way of playing like shadows on a wall cast by the flames of hope. The absence of hope brought with it a relief from fear, no matter how temporary. It was a truth Skye knew well and held close to her heart, of how fear was attractive. It attracted predators, it brought more fear, it breathed life into what was once paranoid thoughts and makes them real, oh so real. It was happening again; she could see it painted all over Miguel's face, the way he had frozen up and stuttered out a greeting. She could feel it in the tension in the air. Hear it in the silence that preluded Yuri's fittingly scathing words, like hesitation Skye could smell.

It was moments like these that made her wonder if she was on the right path. Had she not been simply trying to win the exam? She had caused no lasting harm. She had won the exam. She had succeeded. Did the end not justify the means, and was the other side not just as extreme? Skye could feel the words bubbling within her, but she bit them back as she always had. She was smart. Strong enough to not give in to such an easy fight. She could taste the fear in the air like the predator they so clearly thought she was, and she knew she could rip their throats out.

She wouldn't. Why would she? She wanted to be a hero all the same. Her companions in the room were just as innocent, and just as guilty, as she was.

But regardless of what her heart wanted, and how much it pained her to leave Virtua behind, she could feel tears pricking her eyes. Bastards that they are. They'd give her away in a heartbeat. Weakness couldn't be shown to people like this that so clearly wanted her gone.

Her eyes flickered between Yuri and Miguel, addressing them both. Her once warm amber eyes seemed to burn over with an unnatural stillness, like calm before storm. She forced herself to smile, and didn't once try to make it seem like it wasn't laced with ill-intent. "Well, I can tell when I'm not wanted, and I'm not keen to make friends," she began. "I'll be leaving now, but please, let me know how Virtua's neck is. I'm sure she'll be thrilled you've added another scar to her collection." Her throat had begun to close up as she said it, but she continued to glare at Yuri, offering a softer glance to Virtua afterwards. She'd love to talk, but why talk when every word you say will twist like Yuri's vines to justify yourself as the villain they so clearly think you are?

Skye turned on her heel, and the look she gave Miguel was sharper than the daggers that had left cuts punctuating his skin. She tightened her fist - not in any true intent to scare or provoke, but to steel herself. Taking a deep breath, she tore herself from the comfort she had so desperately sought after getting none of it. As far as Yuri had to know, Skye's blood was blue and cold as ice; she had no business knowing any of the warmth that she longed to share. For once, she'd just like to relax with even a shred of comfort. With friends, with family, with the security of knowing who and where she was.

She wouldn't find it at U.A.; she had stomped it out and ground it to dust underneath her foot in her drive to succeed. To win. Her desire for victory. Skye had known it since the day she was born. She'd drag herself through dirt and mud, through thorns and steel to hold the world in her hands. Who cared of the opinions of two classmates in the long run? She didn't care how they viewed her. Her actions would speak for themselves when she was a hero.

She cared how Virtua would take it; her partner not even caring enough to visit her in her hospital bed. She should have stayed and fought that fight, for the sake of her partner. Was there even a fight to be had? It was a question nagging in Skye's mind. Who was she running from?
Shirii
Shirii
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:17 am

Miguel, after seeing Skye, went instintively to hold his previously broken wrist, remembering quite vividly the punishment it had to suffer before. Of course he was, as people say, on edge. But... He had no right to be. The exam was over and what was obviously a psychotic episode from Skye's part had zero chances of happening again. Unless he said something that could make her mad, that is. It didn't matter anyways, as there was clearly some fear in his eyes. Yuri caught on that quickly (Not that it was too difficult), and proceeded to assure him, not long after returning his greeting (She even called him partner back!), that Skye was there just to check on Virtua. She also proposed, after commenting that she was glad to see he had recovered as well (Which was nice), that once Virtua woke up they could use that little time to get to know each other.

"Oh, that could work" He gleefuly thought, ignoring completely the fact that maybe, just maybe, Yuri was also on edge. Man, what a day. However, he took this opportunity to give his little opinion. "Y-Yeah..." He said. He was hoping that a little chat among them could finally ease up the tension in the air. Though most of the work fell on him; his eyes never separated from Skye as he said that. He could pass it off as just a little precaution, but maybe he was overreacting, and was too scared to realize it. Little did he knew what could Skye be feeling during that moment. Given how things were going, there was little to no chance of him ever finding out.

Skye's eyes moved between Miguel and Yuri in an attempt to address them both, followed by a somewhat forced smile (You know, if he could notice it was forced then it was likely forced) and finally responded. "Well, I can tell when I'm not wanted, and I'm not keen to make friends" She said (Huh?). "I'll be leaving now, but please, let me know how Virtua's neck is. I'm sure she'll be thrilled you've added another scar to her collection". (HUH?!). She was also glaring at Yuri the whole time she said that. And a neck scar? That added to the many things he didn't knew. Go figure. He was sure Yuri didn't do or say anything that seemed to be offensive for her to act like that. At least not while he was there. That literally came out of nowhere.

At least he didn't have to wait that much for a reaction addressed exclusively at him as Skye immediately turned to face him and, if looks could kill... Well, you get the picture. She only, huh, looked at him while seeming ready to leave the room. She didn't want to wait for her teammate to wake up! Despite everything that happened before with her and his... Wrist, Miguel sure didn't want to make her feel unwanted (Or make anyone feel unwanted, for that matter). Much less if they have to live together the following years. He didn't know how to explain, and it was a little strange, but... The young man had the feeling that there was more to her than she was letting on. Her reactions before snatching the flag from his hand during the exam were flashing on his mind. He picked up that there was something else. No matter how bad it sounded, Miguel felt... Pity for her? No. It was more along the lines of "compassion", or any other positive synonym out there. To summarize, it didn't feel right for him to make her feel that way.

"W-Wait! D-Don't go!". In a surprising act of bravery, Miguel managed to stutter these words. He also nearly reached for Skye's arm to stop her from leaving the room, but he stopped himself once he realized that he was doing it with his left hand and rectracted it as fast as he could. He was nervous, no doubt about it; it showed whenever he opened his mouth to say something to her. "I-I don't think y-you have to leave..." He added with some noticeable difficulty. "I-I mean...". Even though he felt "compassion", he still had no idea if she wanted her to stay for her or for Virtua's sake. Obviously it wasn't for him.

Before commenting something more, the young man took a deep breath, relaxing him enough to allow it to continue normally. "I mean, I think s-she would like to see her teammate once she wakes up. And...". Now he really had no idea what he was doing, but continued talking nonetheless. "... If you don't want us here, we can leave. Right, Yuri?". What a guy.

Last edited by Nova Major on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:31 am

Yuri's relief was shattered in an instant. To her dismay, Skye wasn't about to let Miguel showing up disarm the situation even a little bit. She should have known it wouldn't be the easy. She would be forced to face the consequences of her words, so foolishly uttered without a care for their recipient, just as anyone else would have to. And Skye, ever the expert with knives, did not hold back. The initial reaction was what hit Yuri - the tears welling in Skye's eyes. It was something that might have been barely noticeable, something that Skye might have tried to hide, but even in just the briefest of moments, that sight stabbed into Yuri's chest like a dagger, piercing her heart through. The words that followed merely twisted the knife.

'Damned fool.' Yuri thought bitterly, 'You're a damned fool, Yuri. Why would you say something like that?' She never thought she'd truly hurt the woman. Even if she did, her experience fighting her gave Yuri a certain impression of Skye; one of strength, fortitude, and determination. If having a small lass thrown at you couldn't hurt you that badly, why would a handful of harsh words? No. That thinking was illogical, and Yuri knew it. After all, Yuri had that impression of herself, too, and yet Skye's retort stung no less. 'The way I brutalized her partner... The way I spoke to her...' Yuri couldn't bring herself to look up any more, her eyes fallen to the ground, weighed down by shame, 'She must think me a heartless bitch. She's probably right.'

This wasn't like Yuri, and she knew it. This level of self-doubt and lack of bravado, it was unusual for her. As Skye turned to leave the room, Yuri placed her hands on her arms, suddenly feeling very cold. No, this was a familiar feeling after all. This was the feeling of Winter. A feeling Yuri had only set aside perhaps a month ago. A cold, lonely feeling that crept in and seized Yuri's heart. But it was April. Why would she be feeling this way now? Yuri couldn't rationalize it. Not right now. Not in this state. She could barely even move, feeling rooted in place, the infirmary room around her replaced only by a dark, solitary void. 'Stupid. So stupid. You always do this. This is why nobody likes you.'

The only thing to snap Yuri out of her pathetic state was Miguel's protests. Miguel, who had suffered far worse at the hands of Skye. Miguel, who was brave enough to call out to the girl who seemed to hate them. Miguel, who had done much better than Yuri had given him credit for, and who hadn't brutalized anyone during the exam. A kind-hearted, earnest young man in all regards. It was admirable. And yet all it did was remind Yuri of how much worse she was in comparison. Still, she tried to push those feelings down, just for a minute, and look up to look at Skye, "Miguel is right. We're the ones who are unwelcome here. If little Vivi wakes up and sees us, two people who were her enemies not an hour ago, that nervous wreck of a girl might just have a heart attack." The words were somewhat cruel, but Yuri's voice rang with sincerity, and concern, "You're her partner. An ally, a friend. You should be here for her when she comes to. Not us." She averted her gaze once more, unable to look at Skye, even the back of her, but forced a tiny, ironic smile to her lips, "Don't let a weed get in your way." She tried to make it sound like a joke. Tried to make it seem like it was merely an attempt at self-deprecating humor, perhaps a way to disarm the situation. But that familiar chill gripped Yuri's heart nonetheless, and she meant exactly what she said.
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Skye felt her heart just about leave her chest. What were they doing? Were they not teammates, or at least classmates? Surely she could do better than this. She stopped at the door and stood there. She felt the same cool wind Yuri felt, and it chilled her bones. Maybe just this once Skye could admit to a bit of weakness, and share in some of the guilt she cast over the others. Perhaps this once, she would have to, to nurture the seed of affection.

She almost fell to her knees, but steadied herself on the wall. She laughed - and it was something of a grating sound, flecked with fragments of joy, despair, relief, like sparks from sharpened steel. It was though it was rusted from lack of use, yet with every drop that slipped from her lips, cleansed itself and grew like a snake shedding its own skin. Like a phoenix reborn in the flames. "We're a mess." She turned on her heels, and walked back into the room. She said nothing as she sat beside Virtua, affectionately running a hand through her hair. She let it stay there and took a break. She wasn't sure when she would be ready to speak again; and after a minute passed and she still felt as fragile as a newborn, she pushed through it; soft to be strong.

"We're at each other's throats so soon. We'd be sitting ducks for any villains," Skye said, almost to herself, but she let her voice carry out, to speak with the others. But not once did she raise her eyes from the girl on the bed beside her. Her teammate. She couldn't abandon her. For her, she would be strong. "I've known you all hardly a day and yet I was almost calling you my enemies. I'm sorry. For all that I said and did. I'm still not here to make friends, but... I think it would be foolish of me to make enemies on my first day here. Especially when I'm sure you were both as stressed as I was. In fact, I think I respect you both. It was a closer fight than in many of the tournaments I've fought in before. C'mere. I think Vivi would like it best if we were all here for her; we were only enemies for a fight, after all."

She sat there still running a hand through the other girl's locks of hair, and let her invitation stand. She didn't know what was going on. She felt scared and vulnerable sitting there beside two people she had just minutes ago been a trigger's pull away from lashing out at. All she knew was they had a point; for Virtua's sake, she had to be there. She would lick her wounds later, and take greater care tomorrow.

Shirii
Shirii
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum