BNHA: The Worth of a Hero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EVENT] - THE U.A. ENTRANCE EXAM

+11
Doggo
Jello
TrueLily
Best Girl
Tulf12
Hagane
Deva
Kisaragi
Houndoomer
The Edge
Shirii
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[EVENT] - THE U.A. ENTRANCE EXAM - Page 3 Empty Re: [EVENT] - THE U.A. ENTRANCE EXAM

Post by CMRenji Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 pm

Keiji thought to himself as she spoke. “Aww, she hopes I got in! She’s cool AND nice.” Having taken her teasing as a compliment, Keiji keeps his big, dumb grin. “Ah, so you finished in less than 30 minutes? Well, you’re in for sure! Not only that, but five sapphires means you were going all in on rescuing people!”

He continued to listen as she hammered in his need to improve. He began to speak in a more calm manner, but keep his optimistic smile. “You’re right. Heck, I even ran my quirk all out of juice if I’m being honest! I want to get in to prove that I can get better! And if I don’t get in, there’s not much to do except try again. I really hope it doesn’t come to that, but I’ll do what I have to to become a hero!” He let out a chuckle. Keiji was worried, but he convinced himself that it would work out in the end one way or another. His focus turned back to Yuri. Her cool demeanor and obvious talent inspired Keiji to better himself even more. He brought his arm out for a handshake. “Well, I hope I make it so that we can be classmates, Yuri!"
CMRenji
CMRenji

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] - THE U.A. ENTRANCE EXAM - Page 3 Empty Re: [EVENT] - THE U.A. ENTRANCE EXAM

Post by TrueLily Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:43 am

Shizuka grinned as they shook on their promise. It seemed like she'd knocked Izumi out of anything that might have been troubling, as she was now returning Shizuka's smile. Seeing Izumi's smile made Shizuka happy. She had a nice smile, and Shizuka liked little more than making other people smile, one way or another. She was also happy to hear Izumi agree to her promise. She was eager to become a great hero, and even if Izumi's reasons for coming to U.A. were different than hers, Shizuka could tell that she would make a great hero too. And she knew that, by working together, the two of them could push each other even further.

Then, Shizuka glanced down at Izumi's foot as it glowed green, "Oh, right!" she exclaimed suddenly, "I never even asked you. That must be your quirk, right, Izumi-chan?" In the heat of the exam, Shizuka hadn't given too much thought to Izumi's comment about helping her if she got hurt, but now they had time, Shizuka's curiosity took over, and she had to know all about what Izumi could do, "How does it work?"

-------------------

Yuri at least had to admire Keiji's level of sincerity. Her teasing barely seemed to affect him at all, and he seemed optimistic and determined to be a hero despite how close he had cut it. Maybe she could let up on the teasing just a little bit. "Yes, well, I must admit that I 'ran out of juice' myself. I rely on sun, soil, and water to fuel my quirk's energy, but that maze had none of those things, and so I was running on reserves. I only just barely managed to get through with what energy I had saved up," she explained, "but working in less than ideal situations is part of being a hero, I suppose." Then, she turned to Keiji and accepted his handshake, "Yes, I look forward to that," she said, trying to sound sincere for once. "Anyway, we should probably be returning," she pointed out. She stretched her legs down until they touched the ground, then stood up from the wall and shrunk until she was on the ground in her normal size. Deciding she'd been far too nice to the boy in the past minute, she made no effort to bring Keiji down with her, "Catch you later," she called with a wave, her voice filled with sweetness about as real as Splenda.

She began to walk away, leaving Keiji to panic about how he was going to get down, then, after getting about a quarter of the way across the yard, she tossed her arm over her shoulder, reaching all the way back to where he was sitting, grabbed him, and set him down on the ground next to the wall, before walking off again with a playful smirk. She just wanted to give him a little scare. With a kid like that, who knew what he'd do to get himself down. He'd probably just end up hurting himself, and Yuri wasn't in the business of letting dumb kids hurt themselves.
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:29 am

After safely delivering the helpless victim he rescued, Miguel proceeded to, as some foul-mouthed individuals might say (like more than half of his family, thinking about it), 'haul ass'. In 30 minutes, he only managed to acquire 3 rubies and 1 sapphire, meaning that he had a total of 6 points. He needed to make 9 more points in half an hour, one way or another. Fighting a villain was totally out of the question, but his luck wasn't that good to begin with. However, like 2 minutes into the maze, he found another ruby, which made him think that his luck was changing. At least a little. 'Another ruby? Oh boy, lucky me!' Miguel said with genuine joy, picking up the ruby and then stuffing it on the big pocket of his overall, joining the other precious stones he managed to collect.

Miguel took off in a different direction than the last time he went into the maze, so this new stone proved to him that he choose the best decision. He continued walking, well, jogging until he found another civilian to rescue. Luckily, this time it was an old lady who needed help carrying her bags, so no drilling action was needed. He even sighed in relief before approaching the lady to help her. Even though it was something pretty mundane, Miguel couldn't deny it was really strange to see such a frail and helpless old lady in the middle of an obsidian maze. But he wasn't one to judge anyone's judgment. He obviously offered his help to her, understanding by her actions and words that she was meant to represent not only a weak old lady, but a lost and weak old lady. Carrying all her bags, that weighed like sacks filled with rocks (And upon a closer inspection turned out to be that), the young man led the way back to the warp gate.

As he didn't need to show his Quirk, the rescue of the old lady was mostly a silent one. The woman spoke only to ask how far they were from the middle of the maze, how her legs hurt, and how nice Miguel was for helping her. To this day, he doesn't understand if that was part of her role or she really was like that. However, after delivering her and her bags safely (Bags that she managed to lift effortlessly once he gave them to her), she let out a small advice to the young man before leaving. 'Oh dear, you should try to get accostumed to your Quirk if you really wish to become a hero. You can't inspire trust if you look nervous every time you have to use your abilities'. Not only she was secretly super strong, but also very perceptive. This volunteers sure were something else.

Miguel did a recount, noticing that he had 4 rubies and 2 sapphires. That meant he had already 10 points. He started to sweat though, as the thought of facing a villain and collect an emerald to finish the exam crossed his mind. He somehow lost track of the time he had left, maybe because of how everything regarding that lady seemed to go slower. Time, them, the other examinees, the sweat drops on his face, everything. It was that, or try his luck facing someome who obviously was more accustomed to fight and surely to use his or her Quirk. Miguel thought seriously about his chances on collecting more rubies or encountering more civilians as he walked again into the maze. This time, he took a different path than the last two times he went into the labyrinth.

After a couple of what he thought were minutes deliberating about what he should do, accidentally ignoring the floor and any potential ruby or civilian in need, Miguel heard something really strange, something he thought he wouldn't have the chance to hear during that exam, seeing how capable appeared to be everyone taking it (Everyone except for him, that is) - A real cry for help. Even thought they were well rehearsed and really believable, Miguel could somehow notice that the civilians were acting. Well, only the civilians in positions that needed some acting talent, of which he only encoutered one. He rushed quickly towards the source of the noise, his mind running wild on what could've happened to the poor soul so he or she had to cry for help during the exam.

Just behind the corner, Miguel found just what he came for - A villain terrorizing a... A examinee? But how? He surely was more than capable! No matter how young the gray-haired (Or silver-haired buy, he really couldn't tell) looked, he was even carrying a sword! However, the villain, some kind of nicely-dressed orge with a giant steel club, was delivering blows to his blocking sword as if there was no tomorrow. Surely someone was enjoying his job today. But there was no time to stay there and joke, the boy needed help! ... And Miguel wasn't going to give it. His legs froze, his arms froze, all him froze. The simple thought of facing a villain, even a fake one, was completely terrifying to him. His Quirk could malfunction, he could end up wounding both the boy and himself. Maybe even wound the ogre! Miguel couldn't risk it... Or thats how he justified his lack of much needed action to himself.

'I'm sorry...' He said softly, falling to his knees, and hiding as he heard the club impact against the slowly weakening sword of the boy. 'I'm so sorry...'. And what happened next, marked a change in Miguel's heart from then on - A strident war cry of some kind resounded from the other side of that corridor. When the young man managed to get enough valor to take a peek, he saw her. A black-haired girl, carrying some kind of sword too, just appeared and helped the boy by slashing the orge in the arm. Just a small hit, but it was something. She even reassured the boy that she 'had him', but it was obvious to anyone that it was just a facade. Miguel could easily notice that she was trembling worse than him in a cold day, and that wasn't a good sign.

He then saw how the little boy, recovering from his intial shock, running towards the ogre. 'What is he doing!?' Thought Miguel, completely worried. 'THat boy is going to get wrecked by the club!!'. However, he ended up being surprised by the tactic of the little kid. Instead of attacking, he latched into the ogre's club. It didn't appear to be effective, as the villain resorted to raise the weapon. He ended up dropping his weapon after complaining, with looking buzzing with electricity. That had something to do with the boy's Quirk, as Miguel saw how he was panting now that he was on the floor. The ogre seemed to stop in order to analyze what was happening.

After a couple of seconds, the ogre stepped back and took a fighting stance. Judging by the face of the boy, Miguel understood that he seriously didn't expect his plan to fail like that. The kid even tried to copy the stance, but in all honesty he looked quite ridiculous. Even more so without his sword. The big orge didn't care, and launched a punch towards the boy. Miguel closed his eyes, thinking that this was it for the boy. However, because of that, he missed how the boy not only managed to evade the punch, bot he also thought about something else once the villain set his sight on the sword-girl. Or thats what he thought at first, as he only saw him take the hand of the girl. 'Oh... Well, they're at that age after all'.

That interesting but seemingly pointless gesture appeared to do something in her, because as soon as she stopped holding the hand of the boy, she used her own sword to rend her palm. 'What!? What the hell is she thinking!?' Thought Miguel, and with good reason. However, the young man's surprise was suddenly replaced with a new one as he saw how the arm of the girl transformed slowly into a black sword, remindind him of his own Quirk. 'I-It's like my Quirk!! Her arm transformed just like my arm does!!'. She then dashed towards the ogre covered in and electric orange aura (If that even makes sense), taking him by surprise as he quickly took a defensive stance. Slashing again and again, the now literal sword-girl made quick work of the ogre's suit.

The villain tried to grab his club to defend himself, but the arm of the girl pierced through it as he raised it, stopping her from reaching his face. The villain thought fast, and resorted to lift both the club and the girl still stuck to it, but the girl moved her blade-arm sideways to cut through the club and finally destroy that weapon. The ogre wasn't amused. Miguel's heart was racing as he watched this unfold. He couldn't remember the last time he felt like this. No... In fact, he actually could. He felt his heart race like that only one time - The first time he saw a hero in action. Saving people, fighting the villain; everything a hero does.

Even after all this, the orge didn't seem to be done. He obviously had a lot of strength left, and if they managed to get this far against him it was probably because they caught him off-guard. The real battle was just starting, signaled by the way he curled his hand into a fist. He was getting serious now. Miguel then stood up, completely prepared to do something stupid.

Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by CMRenji Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 am

Keiji was mightily impressed by Yuri’s ability not only by her ability to finish in good time, but also that she could be much stronger if the conditions allowed it. Having a wonderful first experience with a fellow hero hopeful made Keiji excited for his future. She told him that they should be heading back, and he nodded in agreement. “Yeah, it’ll be fun to meet everyone!” He leaned onto the side of the wall as she used her vines to return to the ground. “Hmhmhm hmm hmm, hmm hmm!” He hummed to himself as he waited for Yuri to lend him a vine, only to be met with a Splenda sweet: "Catch you later,"

“Okay, see ya~” It took just a second before the gears in his head fully began to grind. “HUH?! Wait, this is really tall! Duh… oh crap….” His face turned pale when he looked down to see a pretty steep fall. “AHHH! Yuri!” He pleaded with her, but she had already sent out a vine to bring him back to the ground. He took a moment to collect himself. He blushed, being a little embarrassed from his silly display. In a swift motion, Keiji put on his sunglasses and starting walking nonchalantly back into the building while giving himself a pep talk. “It’s okay, Keiji, your shades will mask that moment of uncoolness. Right? Right!”
CMRenji
CMRenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirizu Yamamoto Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:13 pm

BANG!
A sudden explosion would shake the premise of a secluded area in the maze. Not an explosion brought forth by fire, but heated air. At its core, a teenager with red hair stood up with a single gem in his hand. The area was cold with a few different spots upon the ground frozen solid. The frozen spots began to thaw soon after the temperature in the area returned to normal after the explosion of heated air sent a shockwave throughout the premise. Letting out an exhausted sigh, the teenager rose up his hand, facing the gem towards the ceiling. He gazed at the glow produced by the gem, an elegant green glow. This was the emerald obtained through a fast-paced battle between him and one of the maze's villains. A subtle smile was present upon his face. He lowered his hand and opened his small pouch inside of which he kept all of his collected gems. It was indeed a collection, for when the gem hit the bottom of the pouch, a rattle of a multitude of gems could be heard.

"Ah, you've bested me." was the first response that Shirizu heard upon ending the battle with his victory. The outcome of the battle, if it were not for the emerald no longer held by the villain, would be far different from just looking at the damage the both of them showed on their bodies. The villain was battered and kneeling on the ground, while Shirizu's skin was red and his arms were in an even worse state. If the battle were to continue, it would end in the villain's favor. His arms were the result of the gems he has collected before getting to this point. That is why, when the villain heard the rattling of the gems inside of Shirizu's pouch, they could not help but widen their eyes in surprise. A single look into the pouch would reveal several emeralds, even more sapphires, and a plethora of rubies.
"Don't you already have enough? Why don't you turn them in?" was the question Shirize was asked soon after the battle. He lowered his hand upon hearing this question, closing the pouch and pocketing it once again. He turned to look towards the villain, letting out a few exasperated exhales. The numerous battles he's been in have taken their toll upon his body, which was apparent not only by the wounds upon his body but also the exhaustion that he did not even bother to hide anymore.

After catching his breath, he spoke "I have already collected fifteen points a long time ago. I will make the most use out of the remaining time." It was not the first time he was asked this question. Not only by the villains but by the civilians he helped as well. It was baffling for others to see a student not trying to finish the fastest with the required amount of points. But, for Shirizu, it was a challenge. If this were to be a basketball game, his team would be 2 points behind, and there were only 3 seconds left in the match. He would take the 3-pointer shot in order to challenge himself, while most would give up.

There was no time for conversation, though. He turned his back towards the villain and began to walk forth. Soon, even his back would disappear from the villain's sight. "I see." the villain said with a smile, closing his eyes and resting for the rest of the exam. Shirizu, meanwhile, strode into yet another situation where he had to give it his all. He knew his limits, and he has surpassed them in this exam. But, there was still one more thing he could do, even with his body as it was currently. The last task in the exam for him was a rescue. Just as planned. Along the way, he would collect any rubies that his gaze would fall upon. With his body as it was, even the civilians in need of rescuing looked less vulnerable than him. They followed him towards the finish line as the time began to tick towards the 60-minutes mark. At last, he reached the end of the line and was given his last gem for rescuing a citizen from the maze. Grasping it in his hand and raising it up above him, he clenched his fist as tightly as he could and held it up towards the air victoriously. He did this despite the jolt of pain sent through his scalded arm. A pain that made his grip comparable to that of a toddler. He was defeated, exhausted. Sweat dripped down his back, darkening his clothes.

The gems were counted, and these were the results.
Points Collected: 39/15
Rubies : 9
Sapphires : 5
Emeralds : 3
Recorded time: 59:58:82

. . .

One hour prior to the explosion...

Among the crowd of teenagers that have gathered, a male in a black hoodie was present. A black hoodie and black pants. His hood was resting on his shoulders as he waited in the gathering place of the students. He was almost undiscernable from the other students. The only defining qualities about him were that he was taller than most of the students gathered there and that he held an orange ball in his hand, a basketball. Once Sylva appeared in the vicinity, he could not help but stare at her. Soon enough, they were prompted to follow her. Which, much like the others, he did. It was standard procedure, he thought. It was nothing that would require extra thought from him.

He sat down upon one of the many comfortable-looking chairs. His gaze shuffled between the students that have gathered. Each one of them had the potential to be his classmate. Not only that, but each one of them would be going through the same exam as he. He wondered what kind of people they were, their backgrounds, why they were trying to become heroes. But. his thoughts were interrupted by the headmistress parting her lips and speaking. He listened intently. At first, he would nod subtly to her thought process of thinking about every person on the street as a dreamer. That thought process was right. But, those civilians could also turn out to be villains. Their dreams were not always right. After she began to speak about the exam, his face turned serious and he began to memorize each and every sentence she spoke. He kept on analyzing her words, trying to not miss a single detail.

The headmistress' speech stopped, giving Shirizu enough time to think. His way of thinking held the headmistress at a great value. He thought that each and every point she brought up about the exam had an underlying mastermind plan behind it. That's why, perhaps, he overthought it.
'So, there are villains inside of the maze, which will not engage unless I engage them myself. If I were to put in the effort to gather fifteen points from the get-go, I can complete that task, and then take my gathering the civilians and turning them in for more points - along the way, I will...' this kind of game-like thought process continued as he cupped his chin in his hand. That thought process made him miss the warning from the headmistress. His thought process was interrupted abruptly by the floor under him crumbling and Shirizu falling.

He looked around chaotically, his right arm taking a hold of the chair's back-rest. His other arm meanwhile held the ball against his chest. He was falling. With a look towards the ground, it was no longer there. He crawled up on the chair, holding it tightly. Those were the actions of a surprised person, a shocked person. He was wondering what was happening, but soon enough, his nerves were calmed down by the parachute's opening. He calmed down after a moment of pondering what happened. The descent towards the ground was calm afterward, but he still did not let go of the chair's back-rest out of fear of splattering against the ground.

With four rapid taps, the chair would land upon the ground. Before the parachute would swallow him whole, he stood up and let out a sigh of relief. He walked forward, his right arm raising above him to shield himself from the parachute folding over him. A simple movement of his hand moved the parachute away. His hands have been placed against both of the basketball's sides. He spun it. Once again. While he spun it, his thought process returned once again. His gaze set upon the area in front of him. There were several openings that he could take. It was a luck-of-the-draw start. The more he would hesitate, the more his plan would fall apart, though. Therefore, with one hand guiding the basketball towards the side, he would jolt towards one of the entrances. While he ran, he avoided any confrontation with the other students. He made sure to run towards a location where the density of students was low.

'If I go with the rest, the chances of rubies would drop. If I go with the others, the chances of finding people to rescue will drop. If I go with them, the villains would be missing their emeralds already. That would impact my time.' His thoughts were the only thing guiding him as he subconsciously ran around the maze. His eyes would stare from side to side at times, looking for any rubies that were scattered around. The moment he saw one, he would head over towards it, pocketing it inside a pouch. He continued like this until he reached a far-away dead-end of the maze. The reason for this was, he would collect all the points from the end to the start.

He turned around upon reaching the end of the maze. There was a whole new world in front of him. He could only return by back-tracking his steps. It was time to begin.

. . .

A villain was approached. Shirizu's walk slowed down until he was standing right in front of the villain. He did not attack just yet. The situation was awkward. The two were just staring at each-other. But soon enough, Shirizu's posture lowered. His right right foot slipped back. His knees buckled and his body faced the side. With a few quick strikes, the teenager's basketball began to rattle against the ground. He began to dribble in front of the villain, a villain who seemed to take up Shirizu's challenge. In their mind, Shirizu appeared as nothing more than a dribbler challenging them to a match of aces. Shirizu's eyes focused solely on the villain. During the exchange, a bead of sweat would trickle down their forehead. The pressure was immense. They did not know what to expect from Shirizu. Shirizu's eyes were serious, though. The flame within them could clearly be seen, the flame of life. He was not going to back down, and the villain responded in kind. They were not backing away. In order to resolve this, the 'attacker' had to pass the villain, and the 'defender' had to steal the ball or halt Shirizu's progress.

The boy's breathing began to slow down, and bolstering his resolve, Shirizu would begin to dribble the ball from side to side. The ball began to bounce along the ground with each strike of his fingers. They entered a state where their thoughts were no longer upon the exam. Their thoughts now revolved around the ball. With exquisite footwork, the ball would bounce from side to side, under the gap between his legs, behind his back. It was chaotic. From time to time, he tried to pass the villain. It did not work. They were keeping a good look at the ball. Soon enough, they adapted to the dribbling speed and Shirizu's dribbling pattern. He took too long to pass the villain.

"Heh, don't tell me this is all. You're never going to pass me with that shoddy footwork." the villain spoke. Their gazes met. The pressure was dense. One could even say it was dense enough to be cut. The comment brought a frown upon his face. They were insulting their dribbling skills. But, it was not over just yet. The pressure began to intensify once again as Shirizu took a step back. It would begin to get colder in the area. Was it the pressure? It could be. They were once again locked in an exchange of gazes.

Suddenly, Shirizu jolted towards the side. The villain followed. Soon enough, the villain realized they made a mistake. Shirizu's feet have never left the ground. The movements of his upper body were enough to fool the eyesight of the villain who could not help but stare at Shirizu's eyes. The eyes also gazed towards the side for a moment. His intention was to dash towards the side, his whole mind was focused on it. But, he did not. It was a fake. Shifting his feet, he instead made a break towards the other side. An ever-so-familiar thud could be heard as the ball headed forward, bouncing off the ground. The controller of this ball meanwhile headed forward as well.

"No you don't!" the villain yelled out. Their feet also shifted as their eyes full of determination to stand up to Shirizu's pass once again lit ablaze. What came next was shocking. Their ankles would give out and they would fall flat on their behind as Shirizu passed forward. As they fell, they saw Shirizu passing forth in slow-motion. The ball followed soon after, raising up to his right hand. His face was calm. His eyes were focused forward, towards the finish line. In that moment of desperation, the villain would be found defeated. Yes, they felt the taste of defeat, but that is not what decided a victory between Shirizu and the villain. The villain went to check upon the emerald, thinking they could give it to Shirizu for beating them in such a way. But...! The emerald was no longer there. In shock, the villain looked towards Shirizu and caught a glimpse of the emerald's glint.

How did it get into his hand? It was taken. If one were to watch the situation from the sidelines, it was completely natural. As the villain began to fall back, Shirizu's open hand would reach out towards the emerald upon their belt. As they fell, the emerald would detach from the belt without even alerting the villain. It was done so naturally, it was almost like a magic trick. The moment that Shirizu decided to pass the villain in such a way, he memorized where the emerald was located, and then it all depended on the execution. The execution was flawless. It showed the difference between the two. At least when it came to basketball.

There were three conditions for him to succeed. First, appear as if he was under pressure, giving the villain a greater sense of security - make them underestimate him. Second, he needed to get the villain to adapt to his style and consider it unimportant to watch the basketball's movements. And finally, he needed to divert the villain's attention from the cold that rested upon the ground. The slippery ground that was the downfall of the villain.

With each bounce that was performed, heat would pass away from the ground and into Shirizu's forearms. This would continue until the ground underneath them would begin to freeze over. The crystalline shine has spread along the ground underneath them. The reason Shirizu stepped away a moment before executing his plan was to not slip on the slippery ground. The same could not be said for the villain, though. The final bounce announced their defeat, for when the ball connected with the ground, the sound of ice shattering ringed in the villain's eyes for a short moment. They have slipped on the ground that froze over, the temperature dropping way low and absorbed into Shirizu's forearms.

After the boy passed the villain, he just continued to head forward without even giving a glance towards the villain. It was certainly not a victory he could be proud of. From that exchange, though, he realized that this kind of tactic would be the only one that could get him through this exam.

. . .

Another ruby fell into the pouch with the sound of dribbling accompanying its drop. After counting up the rubies, they counted up to 4. One more Ruby and he would be able to pass the exam with just one more Emerald. But, that would not be enough. He still had enough time to make use of. At this point, the time was 17 minutes and 48 seconds. He has collected 9 points so far, half-way through the way from the end of the maze to the start. Pocketing the pouch, he began to head forward once again along with one of the civilians that he rescued from under the fallen debris.

Thinking back on it, the situation was quite awkward. When he found this civilian, they were under debris, sure, but there was no real danger towards the civilian. Their acting was quite good, but a look at the injuries and the debris, and he could easily realize that they were in no real danger. As he thought this, a pout crept its way upon his face. In a jog, he led the civilian towards the center of the maze. But, as he headed forward, he noticed a villain at the corner of his eyes. He rose his hand and signaled the civilian behind him to halt. He halted his jog as well. Turning to look towards the civilian, he spoke "Stay here for a moment, I will be right back."

He found a chance to take the villain by surprise, for they were standing in-between two paths that intertwined. Their back was turned towards Shirizu. His finger struck the top of the ball, bouncing it off the ground and raising it up in front of him. Air began to collect in the sacs of his forearms, his quirk activating as he rose his hand. A glittery shine could be seen in the air from the water particles in the air freezing. This glitter followed his arm's movement. His right forearm heated up with the air and heat fusing within. A momentary reflection of the basketball appeared in his eyes, and then, with a strike towards the back of the basketball, he released a blast of heat towards it.

The added power of both the palm-strike and the heated air would send the basketball blazing forward, straight towards the villain's back. Without hesitation, Shirizu broke into a sprint as well. Just in case the ball strike would miss.

As he headed forward, the villain turned around. They could hear the basketball slicing through the wind, producing a whistling noise. Effortlessly, they managed to dodge the basketball with just the slightest of movements of their upper body. The basketball was heading straight for the back of their head, so it was certainly easy to evade it by just moving their head to the side. But, right behind the basketball, Shirizu was already striking towards the villain with a straight-forward punch. As one could expect, the villain would block this effortlessly. His fist was caught in the palm of their hand. But, Shirizu pushed onwards with his punch. His peripheral vision meanwhile caught the sight of the basketball whirring forward, towards one of the walls. It struck the wall and bounced off.

He was not underestimating anyone. He was fully aware of the heroes' abilities, and they were not to be underestimated in the exam either. As the ball bounced, Shirizu punched towards the villain with his other hand once again. And once again, his fist was caught. The slap produced by that punch was in sync with the bounce, deafening it slightly. Just enough. The ball would ricochet off the wall and head towards the back of the villain's head, exploding upon impact from the heat it collected both from Shirizu's Endothermic Collapse and the bounce off the wall. It would tear apart and produce a loud bang behind the villain's head.

Shirizu took this moment of temporary disorientation and swung his arms downward, freeing himself from the villain's grasp. Sliding forward, he would pass by the villain's side, his hand taking a hold of the Emerald that was upon their belt. Yet another Emerald fell into his pouch, ringing against the other few gems that were already present in there. That was 14 points so far.

He resumed his jog after the villain was 'defeated' and began to head towards the maze's rescue point. Along the way, he collected one more ruby, which brought him up to the required fifteen points. In the end, he rescued the civilian with 12 points collected. Adding to that collection was the Sapphire that he received from the rescued civilian. Which added up to 15 points; the required amount. His time was 23 minutes, 35 seconds. But, before he could be taken away from the exam, he rushed straight back in.

The muscle memory that was within his hand would push towards anything in his hand, which caused him to slam the red gem he held against the ground. It would shatter against the ground. A momentary silence, and he spoke once again "Oh... I forgot. I don't have my ball anymore." He looked around the area to see if there was anyone watching him destroy one of the gems. Luckily enough, there was no one. He just hoped that they were not too expensive. He would rather not burden his parents with paying for his mistake.

. . .

Shirizu's body flew across the air, cutting through a smokescreen created by debris and smoke. With a lowered hand, he slowed down his body. His fingers struggled to keep his body on the ground, but after a moment, his body finally came to a halt. In a kneeled position, he raised his head and turned his gaze forward. What he saw was a pro-Hero with a fire-based Quirk swinging his hand through the smoke, dispersing it to reveal his body. It was another pro-Hero who acted as a villain in this exam, and a villain that Shirizu was looking for because of their Quirk alone. What he was thinking was finding a villain that he could easily defeat by his Quirk alone.

But, what he found was a villain with more experience than he could make up for with his Quirk's ability to absorb heat. The villain in front of him was holding back, and yet, Shirizu found himself on his knee, sweat running down his forehead. He breathed heavily, trying to catch a break while in the midst of battle and re-think his position. His arms were already burning hot, and he was quite exhausted himself from the battle. Not to mention, he has just sustained a kick to his abdomen that temporarily kicked out his lights. The time was running out quite quickly, and Shirizu had to act if he wanted to finish the exam before the time ran out. It was already past the 50-minute mark, and so far, Shirizu has collected more than thirty points. He no longer needed to defeat the villain -- no, he still had to. This was a challenge for him.

"Tougher than I thought..." he said faintly, his eyes closing for a moment as he struggled to stand up. His body was giving out on him, but he still stood up despite the wobbling that occurred while he was pushing himself off the ground. He pulled up his hoodie's sleeves up, revealing the red-skinned forearms. They were quickly heating up, much like the exhaust of a super-car, and his body was heating up along with them. He realized that despite his challenge, striving to defeat this villain would be suicidal. He could run, though. He wouldn't, though. Not unless he would try his last desperate move.

Lowering his stance, he would get into a stance similar to that of a preparing sprinter. His eyes closed, and he took a deep breath to cool down his body. Of course, it wouldn't be enough to completely rejuvenate him, but any help he could get right now was appreciated. After his preparation, his eyes struck open. His head raised to shoot a glare towards the villain in front of him. His eyes were still determined to defeat the villain. The muscles upon his legs hardened, ready to strike. Pushing himself forward, he ran across the ground towards the villain. A straightforward attack.

During his dash, he found himself surrounded by flames produced by the villain's Quirk. They were not aiming for him, of course. They were not trying to kill him -- which, acted in Shirizu's favor. As he ran towards the villain, his arms absorbed some of the heat from the flames. His hand cut through the flame, dispersing it and absorbing it. His forearms once again began to heat up, turning past the red-skinned state and becoming scalded with the heat burning his skin. He grits his teeth as the pain jolted through his body, but still, he continued to run forward. It was not until he was just in front of the villain that he cocked back one of his fists, prepared to strike.

He was met with a counter-attack, of course. A hot-headed villain like this would not allow just any attack to pass through. Throughout the battle, Shirizu has learned this. And that realization made him change his strategy for this instance. With a fist heading forward and the villain's own fist heading towards Shirizu's cheek, his knees buckled and he suddenly dropped towards the ground. His fist opened, and his palm faced the ground as the villain's fist flew above his head. Both his hands were placed against the ground now, his knees striking the ground.

In that short moment, Shirizu activated his Quirk to the maximum, drawing all the remaining heat from the ground into his forearms, making them bloated with both air and heat. The ground would begin to freeze over with all the heat sucked from it. This change in temperature got Shirizu even closer to his limit. For a moment, his vision blurred, but he kept himself in the battle with determination
"Endothermic Collapse!"
All of a sudden, all the heat was released straight towards the ground. After lowering the ground's temperature to the freezing levels, and then blasting it with blazing hot air, steam would begin to escape from underneath his palms. The sudden changes in temperature would make the ground extremely brittle. The air that blew out of the holes on his palms would do the rest. The air threw throughout the ground, creating an air bubble inside of the ground. Pressured underneath, the ground would begin to crack and bloat. All of a sudden--
An explosion. The air bubble would explode outward, towards the villain, covering the area with a smokescreen of dust and debris. In that moment, Shirizu pushed himself up into a stand. A jolt of pain was sent through his body as he began to stand up - his knees were damaged to the point they were buckling. On top of that, his forearms were scaled to the point he could not even close his hands into a fist anymore.

Therefore, as he headed forward, his head headed straight towards the waist of the villain who was busy covering his eyes and preparing for an attack. At that moment, the villain forgot about the emerald that he was supposed to be defending. With the villain being blown back, it was quite hard for Shirizu to keep up with the villain's body. But, after almost letting the emerald slip out of his reach, he managed to take a hold of it. His teeth did. After his teeth clenched the emerald in his jaw, he pulled back and tore the emerald off the villain's belt.

After the emerald was finally taken, he opened his mouth and let the Emerald drop inside of his opened palm, weakly tightening his hand around it to not let it slip out of his hold. He waited for the dust to settle in. One thing was certain. This was the last Emerald he could obtain.

Shirizu Yamamoto
Shirizu Yamamoto

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulf12 Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:46 am

Panting from his electrical exertions already, Yuuki prepared himself to retaliate against the woud-be villain again after his, err, moment, with the other wannbe hero – though he was a bit distracted. Her hands were so soft! H-Had he gone too far? Maybe he should apologise… still red in the face, he turned back to her in spite of the situation, and – his eyes went wide; the size of dinner plates. She definitely wasn’t happy! O-Oh goodness, it was going to be a mess -!

Thankfully, there wasn’t quite a spray of blood and a lot of screaming; and instead something completely different… that was some quirk. He’d studied some wild ones before, but – giant sword arm? That was a new one. Ducking instinctively even as it go nowhere near him, Yuuki felt it wise to just… let her show what she could do, before he started getting in the way. She certainly seemed confident now, anyway! Man, if he had a quirk like that… well, his practically fake sword looked pretty stupid now…

All the same, the result was more important than any whining or jealousy – heroism came first! The heroine flew into action; fighting like a knight in… a school uniform; but it was still pretty cool for someone who gave up a whole arm! She totally had him handled! “Wow, I knew you could –“ A thunk cut him off, and it seemed like time stopped as Yuuki realised what happened… as his unlikely partner was lifted into the air, the boy felt like looking away out of second-hand embarrassment. H-He ought to help, but… err… w-what was he supposed to –?

“My CLUB!”

Virtua sorted it out herself, though; to his relief. Certainly in a more effective way than his original plan. He couldn’t help but give a little squeak of cheer and a hasty nod as the heroine gave her own subdued cheer – “Yeah, you were amazing!” But, even he knew the fight wasn’t over yet… especially as the oni paused to adjust what was left of his tie after his grumbling; fuming with frustration to find very little to work with. His fitted suit was in tatters… the kiddie gloves were definitely coming off now. He hadn’t expected anyone to pick a fight with him… much less two of them. But, he was good at improvisation…

With a crunch of stone from the beginning of the oni’s fierce charge alone; Yuuki was barely given a second before being slammed into with a hand against his collar. The wind was choked out of him immediately by the impact – but he wasn’t sent flying, as he expected… instead he was lifted straight off his feet. Exhausted by his use of his quirk and the tussle so far, he wasn’t in any state to resist beyond some rather pathetic squirming and a tiny flurry of sparks – w-was this the end? As he felt the oni’s hand tighten around his ankles instead, though… he realised it was quite a bit worse.

As Virtua promptly learned, the oni had found a new club.

While utterly unwieldly and blubbering as it swept through the air, his new weapon was still not something one wanted to be hit with – and probably not something the heroine would want to be waving her sword at either. However, the oni kept up the offensive as best he could; unable to spare any thought for anything else in his current rage… it couldn’t last forever, certainly; but any time Virtua dedicated to just running away would be shaving even more time off of her exam. As if they hadn’t lost enough to this mess, anyway…

Tulf12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisaragi Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:56 pm

The entire block being held for the entrance exam was slowly decreasing in population within enemies, people who need rescuing, and even the students. It was almost about time to try and wrap this up. Still soaked in both his arms and legs, yet partially dried off, Rihan was making a slow jog for anything that he could do. If it came down to it, he'd probably have to repeat his trick again and try to find more rubies, however...

"If I do that, I feel that'll defeat the purpose." he said. Something in the back of his mind told him that he should try to vary his collection and not take an easy way out, despite that he was given free reigns on how he could collect them, just as long as he collected 15 points worth. He slowly came across a large multi-layered structure and the stage exit just a bit further down. As soon as he passed by it, he saw a shadow standing from within the structure looking down, followed by a voice from above. He stopped and looked closely at it, and ran up the ramp deducing that it was a parking lot. He was a little relieved to know that there was someone still here, but he wasn't sure who they were; an enemy or someone to save. Either way, it was a chance for him to go plus in gems. It was dark and empty on the first level with the exception of two cars that appeared to not have been moved for quite some time from the dust in the windows, to the rust outside of the vehicles, even one parked slightly jagged from it's spot. When he turn around to look around for his other surroundings, he saw another ramp that he ran towards but he also saw a pair of black feet darting away as he made his ascent to the second level. Again, Rihan had found no signs of life. Four more cars from the last, all in the same conditions with some missing the rims from their wheels and others with broken in windows.

"Vandalism" he cried out, but he continued to investigate before making contact with another ramp only the top of it revealed the sky. As he continued to rise, he heard footsteps moving away from around the corner, going towards the edge of the parking lot. He saw masked figured in what appeared to be military uniforms with the UA symbol on it, but more importantly was a shimmering piece just under his neck.

"An emerald." he said in a surprising tone before he got into position. "Which makes you an enemy." The masked individual chose to retain his silence as he too got into position for combat. Rihan dashed after him, with his left elbow leading the charge as soon as he got close only for the masked man to duck and hooking his arm around the open gap of Rihan's and tossing him a few parking spots down from when they started. Rihan took a roll before he got back up, seeing his opponent returning to their stationary position. His clothes were torn and scuffed up, but Rihan stood back up. After slowly dusting himself off, he charged back into the battle with his right arm behind him and his fist clenched with some force behind it. The soldier ducked once more, avoiding Rihan's blind charge, however Rihan quickly pivoted his body on his left foot and came back around with a charging knee aimed directly for the soldiers face. The speed was too great for the soldier to dodge unlike Rihan's other charges so he quickly raised his arms in a crossed position and connected with Rihan's knee, the impact sending him against the wall in a crumbling state.

"Look, I know this is an exam but I'd rather not fight. But regardless if you're surrendering it to me or whether I'm taking it by force, that emerald will belong to me." Even though the masked soldier continued to remain silent while rising up, Rihan knew there was still someone underneath that could understand him. However, the soldier from a limping position, charged after Rihan throwing a flurry of punches at him. Rihan avoided punch after punch, while trying to decide how he should counter attack. Just then, Rihan felt an immense force pressuring against his stomach and look to saw the soldier in a similar position as he was in; the knee to the gut. While gasping for air, Rihan took a few steps back while the soldier approached and continued to overwhelm him with a barrage of fists. Rihan was slowly dodging them, however a rare few made contact, which eventually chained into more and more, until he was defenseless. The soldier clenched his fist and tried to launch a straight shot at Rihan, only to be met with the palm of Rihan's right arm being brought in front of him while holding himself with his left. He was still in pain but concentrated enough to push the soldier back with a burst of water that collided with the fist that also sent both combatants a few feet backwards. Rihan had struggled to get back up while looking over to the soldier who stood back up and looked unfazed by the blast of water. His pants and arms were soak but his vest appeared to have absorbed the surface water that was on it in addition to being protected by his mask. The soldier made a careful yet triumphant waltz over to the fallen Rihan who aimed to restrain him from coming after his emerald gem. As he got closer and closer, Rihan remained perfectly still watching him, until...

"Got you." The soldier had stopped, unsure of what Rihan was talking about as he saw his kneeling opponent stand back up. "Sorry but this match of ours is over. So I'll be taking that emerald now." Rihan's arm lifted up and the tip of his middle finger made contact with the stone, just before the soldier pulled back and grabbed him by his shirt collar and held him up.

"I can tell you might be a little angry by me laying hands on your gem, but like I said before: this match is over, so I'll be claiming the gem." The soldier lifted his arm up in a fist that soon came down on Rihan, however the look on Rihan's face was stilled with an unwavering conviction with his eyes sharpened for a moment before the soldier realized his arm couldn't move. He looked and saw both his arms and his legs were encased in ice that was both refined and smooth. The ice had also secured his feet on the ground from the puddle of water of the blast that Rihan had made. Rihan tugged his shirt collar away from the soldiers frozen grip, tearing it off to lower himself as he approached and plucked the emerald from around the soldiers neck, slipping it into his pocket before walking away. "The ice around you will thaw once I get enough distance away from you."

Just then the soldier let out a few grunting sounds before saying his first word.

"Wait!" Rihan had stopped and turned back around to see the soldier looking at him. "While I congratulate you for the battle, there's one more thing you have to do. In this building, there is someone that you need to save."

"Seriously?" Rihan said. "I didn't see anyone here so why should I believe you?"

"I'm sure you heard a holler, and I didn't speak at all once until now. I was waiting to see if there could be someone with the power to help them, and you happen to be that person. Your abilities can help them escape, and in doing so will reward you with two more stones." Rihan took a little under a minute to decide whether or not he was going to believe the soldier. However, the soldier had no reason to lie, he was already defeated, and while this is an exam; the possibility of this being a ruse to test his judgement, Rihan had found the confidence to take up the task at hand that was presented to him. "There's a kid in two separate cars in the sub lower level, but this place is going to cave in. You have to rescue them."

"I'll... do my best." he said before handing the soldier a thumbs up and going down each ramp that he climbed up on. He was back on ground level but had a tough time finding the entrance to the sub level. He walked around the foundation about two times with no signs of it, only to see a yellow light flashing at what appeared to be a booth. As he got closer, Rihan saw a ramp leading down that was blocked off by a broken gate. He slowly crept inside and proceeded down into a much darker and hollow place. His footsteps echoed as they clamped on the ground.

"Hello?" he shouted into the darkness hoping to get a response. Sadly, there was none which prompted him to take a couple steps into the darkness. Finally, after hearing nothing, thinking that no one was there, he heard two whimpers.

"Help me!" said twice, Rihan ran towards the direction of the voices and saw the entire floor filled with cards in each and every spot and cars stuck in between. The voices echoed more, confirming that there were people in this location. One help came from the left side, further down towards the end of the garage which had ceased completely while the other one came from the right side of him, towards the middle of the parked traffic jam. Rihan went for the right, while speaking up for the person trapped to continue shouting to pinpoint their location. He peeked into the windows of each car, wiping away the dust hoping to find the person he was looking for. Then he finally arrived at a red four door car with a cracked front wind shield and the door handles either jammed by a neighboring vehicle or yanked off. He saw a little boy curled up in a ball at the backseat: black hair, shirt and shorts, missing a shoe, and messy all around.

"Hey, I'm gonna get you outta here, okay?" the young hero said as he tried pulling the car door open from it's broken handles, to no avail. The boy had stopped shouting and looked at his savior with his eyes going from sad to being filled with hope. "Who else is in this garage with you?" Rihan said as the boy wiped the streams of tears from his face with his wrist.

"My sister, but we need to get her fast!" the boy said while trying to maintain a steady breathing level.

"Don't worry, we will!" Rihan could tell that something about this place was... off balanced. He didn't have an explanation for it right away, but he knew the girl was in more trouble, but he needed to get the boy out first before he assessed the situation. Running out of time and options, especially with the boy jarring at him about needing to save his sister, Rihan wrapped his hands together before slowly pulling them apart as spheres of water was wrapped around both before condensing and hardening into a pair of frozen gauntlets. He hopped onto the front of the car and pulled his fist back slightly. "Hey, what's your name?"

"Eric" said the boy as he wondered in confusion what the young hero was doing.

"Okay Eric." Rihan said calmly with a gentle look in his eyes. "I'mma need you to crouch behind the seat okay? I don't want any of this glass to fly at you and hurt you. Can you do that?" The boy nodded as he ducked with his head behind held by his hands awaiting for Rihan to pierce through the glass. The shards scattered throughout the interior of the vehicle. Young Eric lifted his head up looking at a pale white hand that was formerly covered in a slated layer of ice reaching out for him. "C'mon, we have to get your sister don't we?" Rihan asked politely as his hand was offered once more before Eric grabbed hold of it and was lifted from out the vehicle.

"Alright, I just need to get your sister and then we're off." Rihan gave young Eric the thumbs up, which was returned before Eric stood back as he watched his hero take the lead. Rihan hopped from car to car, trying to get to the end of the garage. It was there he confirmed the sensation of this place being off balanced; a closer look revealed that there were more cars that originally thought due to end of the garage being on another slope. However, these cars were clustered and some were even stacked on top of each other, making it extremely difficult to get out. Rihan continued while calling out to Eric's sister, hoping she'd hear him but he could hear nothing. He scoured the area, inspecting vehicle after vehicle hoping to find her in the same position as her brother until he got to the end of the garage where after checking out the last vehicle, he leaned his back on the door of the car triggering vicious rupture within the foundation.

"What was...?" he was startled with eyes wide open looking to see that nothing had underwent any drastic changes, except for sand landing from above. "So that's what that soldier meant. This area isn't stable anymore. In that case I have to be careful to make sure nothing else causes it to collapse more." A few more cars were searched until he heard a very light, almost faint gasps for oxygen. He lifted his hand to his ear and allowed himself to be drawn in, appearing before an 18-wheeler at the very corner of the room, with the tractor fixed as a support for one of the broken pillars. That beam, or well, lack there of, is the cause of the imbalance especially since the weight from the entire complex is coming down on it, which will collapse from the inside out. Rihan jumped on top of the tractor of the truck led by his curiosity to see how much endurance the truck had before it too collapsed. The top part of the beam had pierced into the tractor, leaving a gaping torn hole through the metal layer. Rihan then heard the faint sound of a voice coming from within the hole. He slowly and carefully leaped from the truck and tried to see if there was an entrance that could've been used to go inside. He tried the back, the usual entrance but was met with it being closed in by a wall.

"How did she even get inside?" he thought to himself as he climbed back up to the top, while trying to take a peek inside, making sure the girl was okay. Rihan slowly moved the top part of the beam which disrupted the foundation once more, quickly to slip inside the truck. Once landed, the young hero surveyed the interior until he came across a girl held together at the corner near the exit looking at him. He approached her and saw that she was pale, almost lifeless.

"Might be dehydrated." he thought as he wiped his hand off with his shirt and started to form a small puddle of water in the palm of his hand, letting the water run from the side through her lips. She started to consume it, looking less frail than how she started, enough to gain consciousness and see Rihan before her.

"Who are you?" she said softly, not trying to strain herself.

"I'll explain after, I just kinda need to get you out of here." Rihan said with a brave smile. He walked up to the sides of the interior, tapping it with his finger, finally stopping at the final one. "Okay, this one faces the outside." He clapped his hands together and once separated, a stream of liquid had expanded gaining form of a rather slim object. Rihan then grabbed the end of the object and froze it completely, as the frost expanded in various shapes to form a sword. Rihan holds the frozen blade in front of him with both of his hands wrapped around the handle before he charges at the wall and impales it. There is a small incision within the track, but not large enough for any one person to escape through. Rihan pulled the sword back gently before jumping back into the slash and with a loud shout, a large sphere of water had formed from the upper half of the sword that was being pressured by the weight of the young hero's thrust. Soon the ball of water exploded and had blasted through the tear of truck making yawning hole large enough to crawl out of. The sword in Rihan's hand had split apart, holding onto the handle while the blade was cleaved off from the impact and contact of the blast of water. Soon the entire sword had dipped from Rihan's hand melting on the floor as he turned around and approached the girl, offering her the same hand as he did with Eric. The girl's bony yet smooth hand placed gently onto Rihan's cold wet palm before he turned around and lifted her onto his back.

"What's your name?" he said while turning to her.

"Steph." she whispered before resting on his shoulders, while making their way through the hole.

"Nice to meet you, my names Rihan. Don't worry, I'm going to have you with your brother Eric in no time." They carefully climbed out, one step at a time and landed safely on the ground and while everything was safe, Rihan had turned to see an even greater issue - the pillar was pushing down on the truck which began to quake the entire area once more. "I have to stop this otherwise this place is gonna take all of us with it." Rihan thought for about a moment or two, but the solution was obvious. He sat Steph on the hood of a car telling her that he's going to fix something. His hands became coated with water as he raised both of them in front of him and fired two beams of water at the pillar and the truck, similarly as he did in the alley way. Nothing seemed to have changed, except for the force of the water pushing on the pillar and truck, causing it to shake the foundation once more. Steph was scared but Rihan assured her that everything would be alright as he kept pushing both the pillars and himself to hold everything up. Then, after another loud shout, a wave of crystals spread from the hero's hands and had settled into the water around the pillar and truck, freezing it completely. The entire room remained motionless at the sight of a newly formed ice pillar that formed from the top, covering the truck, and supported the floor. Steph was excited to see what Rihan had done to save the day and clapped with a smile for him. Rihan had went back to her and continued to carry Steph on his back as they walked back into the entrance with the light revealing two shadows.

"Sis!" came from one of the shadows as they ran towards Rihan and Steph who had been enveloped in the light of the bright sun.

"Eric!" Steph said as she slowly was let down by Rihan and the two siblings had embraced each other. Rihan couldn't help but reveal victorious smile before turning to the other shadow, being the soldier.

"Good work. I knew you could do it. People like you are definitely needed in this day in age." The soldier said confidently, thankful that he had placed his trust in the right person.

"The pillar won't last long though, the ice wi-" just as Rihan was about to explain, the soldier cut him off.

"I'm aware, but the important thing is that you did your job. Don't sweat the small stuff and remember to do what matters." Rihan's face had relaxed as the soldier pointed at both kids telling Rihan to claim his reward, revealing a sapphire from each of them surrounded by their hands. The hero picked both of them up with his fingers and slid them into his pocket before thanking them for the lesson and the experience to show he's a worthy hero and had proceeded through the gate to be accompanied by the remaining heroes.

STATS:
Points Collected: 16/15
Rubies (1) collected: 5
Sapphires (3) collected: 2
Emeralds (5) collected: 1
Recorded time: 47:9.21
Kisaragi
Kisaragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:51 am

The big ogre-oni-thing went on to adjust what was left of his tie (Not much, being honest), just before charging fiercely towards the two young heroes. Miguel was certainly prepared to do something stupid, but he didn't expect the ogre to do what he did - Not only he slammed the little boy with his giant hand, he grabbed him and started to use him as a new club. '...What?' He muttered, watching in disbelief how the villain started swinging the completely terrified and undignified young boy against the sword-girl. Not only did this catch him off guard, but managed to erase from his mind any posibility to create a plan to help the other examinees.

Even if Miguel somehow managed to concentrate enough to use his drill-arms and face the villain ogre, he could harm the little boy if he clashed his arm with his improvised weapon. The same could happen with the other girl; after all, she easily cut through the ogre's original weapon like butter. If he wanted to help, he needed to think something and do it fast. And thats when it hit him. The ogre skin was strong enough to resist a slash from a sword-arm... Or was it? After how the fight unfolded, the young examinee couldn't really recall if the his skin was really that resistant, or the girl was pulling her attacks. Well, not that it would make much sense given that she was facing a hero acting like a villain.

But that didn't matter to Miguel at the moment. It was time to act. Act stupidly, but act. As the big ogre went swinging the boy, the young man, located behind the villain, ran towards him while he was occupied trying to hit the sword-girl. Remembering rather vividly about how his cousin Nico used to throw rocks at him with his shovel-arms, Miguel went on to use a maneuver he thought he wouldn't use again, or at least not during the entrance exams. He ran, gaining enough momentum to then slide between the legs of the giant ogre, dirtying his clothes even more. To compliment this strange plan, grabbing his right arm with his left arm, transformed his right forearm into his trusted drill-arm and attack the ogre from below.

No, he didn't target his legs nor his family jewels. That would've been really unheroic, and a real mess to clean up later. Instead, he concentrated his thoughts on attacking a single point - His wrist. With a swift and directed thrust of his drill-arm, the young man impacted the wrist of the ogre, making him drop his improvised weapon as pain struck him. Still sliding, Miguel reverted quickly his arm back to its original form and then, luckily enough, managed to catch the little boy in his arms as he kept going towards the end of the corridor. Grabbing the ground with one arm while holding the boy with the other, the  soon-to-be hero finally stopped after passing the girl. 'Now's your chance!' He shouted at her, encouraging her to attack the now distracted ogre. 'Go!!!'

Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:51 am

Heroes in the making were proving themselves in the moment, though it wasn't the most pleasant instances initially. The oni had gotten himself a new club in the form of a shrieking youth after Virtua had decimated his original. The girl's eyes widened with panic as the volunteer hollered with a monstrous rage. Sure, they were just brats that he was supposed to be testing, but his suit was ruined, his weapon was destroyed, and he was getting ganged up on. Admittedly, losing to not one, but two screeching teenagers who looked like they came fresh out of their mothers' protective, sheltering grasp for years annoyed him just the slightest bit... Alright, it irritated him a lot. "Grrrrnnnaaaaahhhh!!" His war cry signified that the victory through the combination of Virtua and Yuuki's quirks were short-lived as the boy-turned-club whacked the poor lass, striking her with Yuuki's back and knocking her away... only not as far as he planned because of a sudden pain in his wrist. "GAHH!!" The man hollered from the impact of the quirk-drill that struck true, reducing the power of his attack greatly and making him drop the sword-wielding lad.

"You're-?!" Virtua was surprised at someone coming to help the two underachievers while recovering from the smack. The makeshift club hit still hurt, but she was more worried about her ally being handled so violently. The collision probably hurt Yuuki just as much as it did her. That aside though, she was able to get her balance back quickly thanks to the newcomer's intervening. Taking the chance, she bravely began a renewed charge at the villain-pretending hero, lifting her Bladelength arm to prepare. Yet, with her beating footsteps, the ogre wasn't completely out of it to just let her attack. Miguel had thrown him off, but not nearly enough to mess up his tempo even without the brat for a weapon.

"Oh no you don't!" Foregoing getting the drill-kid back for his sneak attack for the time being, the oni raised his fist and it began to rocket down like an iron hammer. He would be punching through what he assumed was steel seeing her sword poised to clash. It mattered not as his expression was befitting of whatever quirk turned him into the red-skinned monster he looked, ready to take her down with sheer force of will and physical oppression. "Hhhrrrraaahhh!!" A mighty bellow as his arm tore through the air, only for Vivi's blade to lower itself from attacking. This confused the professional, only to realize too late when they collided that she had never intended to fight him in a head-on clash. Sparks flew upon contact through friction, the girl wincing in pain as her arm was subjected to the overwhelming pressure of his punch, but Vivi grit her teeth. "Y-You...!"

"I can't beat you like this... But...!!" The young heiress used her quirk-enhanced sword-arm to weakly deflect the oni's assault and took a leap forward, extending her free hand that reached out like a prayer through streams of wind. Ponytail fluttering with the gale, hopeful digits wriggled to grasp at the real prize: the emerald at the man's belt. That's right... Had this been a real fight, they would've been much worse off and risked even severe consequences for their inexperience. Yet, that was not their situation. No... This is the starting point from which they would learn, and the bar was set at a reasonably height for the child of victory to seize triumph - stealing the jewel that would mark the "defeat" of the "villain", tumbling and rolling with it safely secured in her palm.

With the combination of three... one small victory had been obtained.

"... Unreal..." The oni couldn't help himself from a toothy grin, having gotten so into the moment he forgot he lost not when they toppled him... but when they took away the exam token. While he only just now saw the new face's surprise attack, he had expected very little from the two timid weaklings who could barely hold a candle to him alone.

But fighting alone wasn't necessary as a hero.

"I can't believe you kids got me. Haha! I was even peeved for a good while there! Turns out even I have a ways to go if I'm getting trounced by a buncha runts!" It was a hearty compliment with hearty laughter, despite being blatantly insulting. The man's body relaxed, putting his hands to hips as he stared down upon the shortstack rookies. "I'm pretty miffed about it still, actually! ... So you best be good heroes so I'm content with losing to kids with potential." How they were going to pass the exam if he himself took this much trouble, he doesn't know and he doesn't care to know. As long as they get results, he'll be proud and it won't look bad for him in the future.

"Ha... Ha... I-I actually did it... I thought my arm was gonna break..." Vivi was a bit of a... anxious mess again. She was sweating profusely and shaking on the floor, her blade having reverted to a regular arm in the midst of the chaos calming. Taking a hefty gulp and getting a few squeezes at the pretty green rock, the heiress gathered... some composure as she got to her feet. At this point, Vivi knew she could've thanked the two and ran off, seeing as she was the one who grabbed it to decide the fight in the end. She was already behind so this would be a good boost to catch her up on top of her seven rubies, which would make twelve... Yet, Yuuki had not only been faring worse from the looks of things but was also the first to engage.

Taking it felt unfair.

"Um..." The ponytailed swordswoman approached the two boys, gently clutching the gem and looking toward it. "Thank you for the help... Both of you. I'm glad you came to save us, and you - whatever you did when you grabbed my h-h-h-" Oh... right... A boy was holding her hand...! The embarrassment came flooding back as her expression went from somewhat relaxed to the beginning of distress. Red as a siren, she quickly bowed and extended both her arms out, presenting the emerald and forgetting her scar growth being visible to people. "Whateveryoudidtomyhandhelpedalotpleasetakethis!" She blurted out in a hastened frenzy, trying not to make eye contact. She knew the dangers of holding hands with boys that her sister filled her head with. It was mostly teasing nonsense, but the poor heiress was innocent and paranoid. "... I-I mean this was y-y-your fight after all... And if I could repay you, d-drill guy, I'd do it...! But this is his..." The stammering returned with full force until the end, feeling the resoluteness of her decision. It would be a huge setback to have wasted all this time to get no points out of it, and yet...

If Virtua could help someone else pass - or even have a chance of it - it was good enough.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulf12 Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 am

While Yuuki most certainly felt the oni’s frustration and furthermore felt his back slam into his short-lived comrade, he was a bit lost in the blur of cutting wind and colours to keep up with what was actually happened – hope had already been swept out of him along with the air in his lungs by this point. To become a hero? After this display? As if. The Thunder Ryus were ending here. The entrance exam had probably already finished. His points so far didn’t mean anything if he didn’t get in. He’d accomplished nothing. He’d fallen at the first obstacle. And, he’d dragged down this poor girl too, a-and, and, his mom was going to be so u-upset, and – and –!

Sent scuffling across the ground all of a sudden, Yuuki’s heart was still buried too far down to care – he just assumed the oni had cut him a break. But, as he shuffled onto his knees and looked back… well, that was hardly the case. A third hero? Guilt choked up the boy’s throat… he’d dragged in another student just to save him from his stupid mistake… feeling too sore to move any more than that, not to mention too downtrodden; Yuuki could only blink in surprise as he watched the situation suddenly turn around. That girl… her brilliance shone brighter than any hero’s photos or videos that he’d ever seen. The real thing, it was…

Well, the oni said it all for him, really. Yuuki hastily scuffed himself off and stood up; looking quite the mess – his groomed and pristine outfit was now a dirtied, offset mess. His hat was long gone, and he… h-he almost forgot his sword, g-geez! As the teacher bantered, Yuuki hurried about to try and fix his looks a little bit before he caught up with – w-well, with his… heroes, really. Carefully approaching the trio, Yuuki wasn’t sure if he ought to give proper thanks or just try and disappear with some dignity right now… he was only slowing down the exam, after all. And then…

“E-Eh?” The poor boy could only blabber and blush upon being met with such an embarrassing reception from the person who’d just saved him and put on such a show – s-she was thanking h-him? “U-Um, I didn’t – I just, m-my quirk isn’t that – w-well, you did all the –” Miguel would be treated to a symphony of criss-crossing awkward teenage blathering, while the oni wisely took his leave before it gave him a headache. As Virtua gave her final words, though; Yuuki steeled himself… he couldn’t say no now! That would be truly disrespectful – not to mention waste even more of their precious time.

Straightening his back and dragging every bit of his dignity together, Yuuki dared to look the heroine in the eye – “Yes! I couldn’t ask for a better compatriot! You were second-to-none, Miss Hero!” chirped the boy, putting his all into keeping his stammering and trembling under control; before giving a long, deep bow of thanks; “I am Thunder Ryu the Sixth, h-hopefully! So, consider me in your debt in return for this! That goes for both of you!” It was as his mom always told him – if all else fails, just be polite! Taking the emerald gracefully with both hands, Yuuki briefly shuffled through his jacket – before returning a sapphire in its place. “The best of luck, to both of you! Let’s not waste this, and become heroes!”

Just about glowing with pride over having held himself together through his little speech, Yuuki was left trembling in place for a moment; unsure of what reception to expect… before deciding it was probably best to actually stick to his word already! Giving another deep bow to the pair, the boy then zipped off; stumbling as he tried to make such an undignified exit… and then feeling the weight of dread fall upon his shoulders. An emerald, and three rubies… h-he was still only halfway there! “G-Geez, I have to get moving…!” squeaked the boy; promptly losing himself in the maze – but right now, that was the least of his worries…

Thankfully, all that tumbling followed by promptly rushing off in a random direction had worked out rather well; in spite of the lack of strategy – it meant that he definitely wasn’t anywhere the usual flow of people had headed. An extraordinarily bored ‘damsel in distress’ was all too eager to get his attention so that she could afford herself a break; practically shoving a sapphire into his hands as soon as she could – didn’t she look a bit familiar, too? Frankly, Yuuki ended up having to rush to keep up with her rather than the other way around… still, maybe some jobs for heroes ended up a bit like that, too. Given the chance to think, he had to wonder how professional heroes felt having to play such odd roles. So, that made eleven points… plus a ruby she’d pointed out to him out of pity for his rough appearance – twelve. Just a sapphire, then; or three rubies… eh, getting almost all rubies would look a bit silly for a hero, wouldn’t it? But, no time to be picky!

Luckily for him, his ill-explored corner of the messy maze – he had to guess it was along the edge or something – proved his saviour all over again. When it came down to it, he really had just gotten lucky; especially as he almost tripped over the next ruby… but, he liked to think it was just important for a hero to explore everywhere; o-or maybe someone would be in serious trouble without even being seen! Or something like that… but, it didn’t take him too much time or stress to find his last required ruby. It was so strange… after that fight, the stress seemed to just melt. Comradery, determination, or just resignation… well, no time to fuss about that! A win wouldn’t be a win unless he won! O-Or something!

Yuuki hardly looked a legend as he staggered through the gate at long last; drenched with sweat – a fancy suit in all black had not been ideal for all that running around. Not to mention having to find his way out of that corner in the first place… but all the same, he beamed with happiness, even before he knew whether or not he’d actually made the grade. Even if he failed, he’d learnt the most important thing… he’d seen a hero, and now he felt like he understood just a little bit more.

Rubies collected: 7
Sapphires collected: 1 (3)
Emeralds 'collected': 1 (5)
Recorded Time: 54:49

Tulf12

Back to top Go down

Post by Houndoomer Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:26 pm

The teen took an exhale in relief as he saw people start to pool into the building. "Now we can be cramped...except with AC." He said to himself, tying his hoodie around his waist as he transferred everything from his hoodie pockets to his normal pockets. He took a listen to the welcoming lecture but paid no interest until the details of the exam, which he listened to word for word. The exam wasn't like he expected, not like some sort of civil exam or a written test of morality; but then he remembered that this wasn't a normal school. This was a hero school, so that he could go out and fight for those who couldn't do so themselves. He stood among a small crowd in the back that hadn't taken their seats, as someone who always wanted to be on the go, sitting wasn't his thing. "Scavenge, rescue, or fight..." He repeated, reminding himself of his options.

While he was doing just that, he found that he'd lost his footing as they were air dropped. His mood changed, this sense of thrill, this sense of being thrown right in, it was nothing like what he expected. He gave a confident smile as he was able to briefly scout some of the gems out. When he landed, he tried to assess perspective, but after a minute of dwelling figured it wasn't worth waiting on. He made his way toward where he thought a ruby would be, but instead found himself staring down a building on the brink of collapse, and a pedestrian trapped on one of the higher floors, not without a sapphire at her hip.

"Dammit..." He muttered, he wasn't able to use his quirk to build any height, let alone activate it at will. "...Wait...there!" He spotted a collection of truss bars sticking out of the side, organized in a way that made it look sort of possible to climb up to the higher floor. He ran toward the trusses, wedging himself onto a dumpster where he could then reach the trusses. "Just a couple of these?" He asked himself, vaulting around the trusses. He got to the center when he noticed a window, weighing his odds and smashing against it to break his way into the building. He rolled in, dusting off his now dusty shoulder. He gunned for the stairs, eventually reaching where he'd have to retrieve the woman. "I'm gonna get you out of here, lady, this way!" He said, with her consent, grabbing her arm and leading her back to where he'd breached.

He shook his head and managed to pick her up, leaping from the shattered the window onto a truss, and making his way down. He let her off at ground level, retrieving the sapphire from her and moving on to where he needed to go next. Along the way to where he saw the most red glimmers scattered, he nabbed several rubies, 6 to be exact. 9 points; he wasn't exactly close but he was closer than most had been by now. This sort of excitement, was it native to hero work? He hoped so, this felt like some sort of ecstasy to him.

Along the way toward the massive cluster of red gems, he spotted another needing pedestrian, this one was already being helped out forever, by another individual taking the test. In the front path toward the rubies however was a 'villain', his bones were wrapped around him, and he said not a word. Ryder cursed under his breath after he assessed the situation, he had to do this if he wanted to pass. In the intensity of the moment, he felt something in his veins, and as a distant firework was sounded, he compulsively snapped his fingers. The following effect was a small burst of kinetic force that shook the area around him, he was hoping it'd set the villain off balance and he'd be able to snag the emerald; but this wasn't the case.

The villain's bones had planted themselves into the earth, keeping him standing perfectly still in the midst of the blast. Using his quick thinking, Ryder had to stall out as much as he could up until the building from earlier collapsed. Tendrils of bone closed him in wherever he tried to escape to, giving him immense trouble. This game of cat-and-mouse went on for 20 minutes before a distant creaking was heard...

And then...a gargantuan crash.

The building had succumbed under it's own weight, crumbling down and making a massive noise to accompany it. Ryder turned around and put one of his hands behind him, giving a grin and snapping his finger again. A burst followed, forming a powerful gust forward and almost setting the villain off his feet; but his bones kept him in place. However, Ryder was flying forward using the force he'd just generated, sliding past the villain and snagging the emerald from his hip. He gave a confident smile as he got back to his feet with some pep and continued running toward the red lights.

Once he'd arrived, he found the last remaining point he'd needed, along with one extra. He turned his gaze back to the gate where he scurried as fast as he could to the final checkpoint of this test that he'd undertook. After moments of running, a breathless Ryder made it to the finish line. "This hero stuff..." his mind echoed, "...might be up my alley after all."

Rubies Collected: 7
Sapphires Collected: 1 (3)
Emeralds Collected: 1 (5)
Recorded Time: 51:23
Houndoomer
Houndoomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:31 am

After giving the signal to the girl with the ponytail, Miguel remained on the floor, looking intently at the upcoming fight and preparing himself in case he was needed as support. However, he secretly hoped he didn't need to. He didn't notice that, just when he took a shot at the giant's wrist, he was in the middle of an attack towards the sword-girl, so he managed to be even more useful than he thought. As the girl resumed her charge, blade-arm at front, it was clear to him that despite his best efforts, the villain didn't end as confused as he expected. 'Oh no...' He thought as he saw their enemy raising up his fist while directing some words towards her. 'Wait!! I was wrong!!' He then shouted. 'Don't attack!!'.

But she was already charging towards him, looking for a collision between sword-arm and very, very big fist. That could only end in disaster. Miguel nearly stood up, looking to intervine in the eventual crash. He even motioned his right arm so he could prepare the drill, forgetting that he could actually make matters worse. However, it turned out to be unnecessary. 'What!?' He said as he saw with great surprise how the girl lowered the blade, just as the ogre let out a really terrifying battle cry to compliment his terrifying attack. She never intended to fight him head-on. Sparks flew everywhere as both attacks clashed, but the sword-arm managed to deflect the giant's punch, albeit rather weakly.

Taking a big leap forward after that display of resistance, the girl extended her free arm in an attempt to reach the reason they were fighting to begin with - The emerald, conveniently located in that man's belt. 'You can do it...' Miguel thought, watching that desperate attempt to end the fight once and for all. 'You can do it!!!' He shouted at the top of his lungs, really immersed in the fight. In the end... The girl managed to grab the precious gem from the villain's belt, ending finally the struggle. The girl fell down, rolling and all, but it didn't matter as she managed to secure the token. 'Yes!!' Said the young man, really excited. Not long afterwards, Miguel also fell down emotionally exhausted.

Seeing the fight from afar, seeing the girl do her best fighting against the villain... Miguel felt like when he saw a real hero in action for the first time. No matter how many times he remembered that fact, he couldn't really believe it. He even managed to secure an active role in the past confrontation, alongside the sword-girl and... The boy... Miguel began looking for him. He remembered he actually caught him when he fell, and also remembered that he held on to him while he was improvising a brake with his arm. In fact, as soon as he tried to stop from sliding, the boy flew out of his arm in a different direction, ending up on the ground anyways.

Before he could even stand up to help the boy, the ogre directed some words to the three kids. He looked quite happy about his loss, somewhat praising their performance even though it sounded a little bit insulting in some parts. Well, Miguel knew pretty well that most of the praise coming from the hero was towards the first two examinees. They were the real heroes here, and he recgnized it by nodding silently to the giant's words. And he was really happy to be a part of it, even if it was a little one. Sporting a big smile, he saw how the girl was shaking on the floor, unable to believe that she actually managed to defeat a hero. He also didn't notice when the little boy stood up, and approached them.

However, the girl spoke first. Even though she thanked them both for the help, she presented the emerald to the little boy, recalling, if Miguel understood the words right, how helpful it was when he holded her hand. While the girl's face was red as a fire truck, he couldn't help but notice the scar of the wound she inflicted to herself on her hand in order to activate her Quirk. Once again, before he could say, well, anything, the little boy started blabbering, accompanied by a blush and all. The young man was quite baffled that, despite their appearance and awesome abilities, these examinees could be prone to nerviousness and akwardness as much as him.

In the end, he resorted to smile and even laugh a little at such display. 'Well, we're not so different after all...' He thought, feeling relieved. The girl then explained that she thought the boy should take the emerald as it was his fight to beging with, adding that if she could repay Miguel she would, but doing the right thing was more important. The young man already knew this, and he didn't have any problem with that. 'H-Hey, don't worry' He said to her. 'It's his emerald after all. I got no problem with this'. When he turned to see the boy, he was already straightening his back in order to look more dignified while taking the gem, or at least thats what he thought.

'Yes! I couldn’t ask for a better compatriot! You were second-to-none, Miss Hero!' Said the boy, looking directly into the girl's eyes. To say that this surprised Miguel would be an understatement. He remained there, his eyes open wide as the boy bowed for a long period of time, even more when you compare it with the time a normal bow should last. He then introduced himself as Thunder Ryu. The Sixth. 'Ok, that should be his hero name' Thought Miguel as the boy replaced the emerald in the girl's hand with a sapphire. He then said something along the lines of 'consider me in your debt', and that it applied to both of them. After wishing them good luck and bow for a second time, Thunder Ryu the Sixth walked away to continue the exam, stumbling along the way.

And just like that, Miguel was left with the sword-girl. The ogre hero was long gone at that point, and the clock was ticking form them and they still needed to find more points. 'Nice guy, don't you think?' He said, trying to break the ice. 'Ok, sorry about the bad joke. I think we should get back to the exam' He mentioned. While he wanted to remain there and talk with the girl, tell her how she inspired him to act that time, he knew pretty well that they didn't have much time left. 'Let's finish this and meet up later, deal?' He said to the girl, taking off completely excited and inspired after all just happen. 'I'm Miguel, by the way' He then stopped before leaving. 'You were really awesome out there. Both of you. You were really... Inspiring. Heh, I just wanted to say that and thank you. Thank you for the inspiration'. The young man then continued his way, with his enthusiasm breaking down and dying slowly as he began to realize something important - He didn't knew how much time he had left and he still needed to get 5 more points.

Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Miss Hero? Vivi's nervousness receded just enough for her to sheepishly laugh and smile at the compliment. 'Thunder Ryuu' sounded like a hero name - a cool one at that - so it was a little surprising to hear someone as shaky as her had enough of himself together like that. Though, that and the rousing, rallying words aside, when the emerald left her hands a part of her felt upset. That was five points that would have gotten her into U.A. to reach her dream all the faster... Yet, it was fine. It was fine for her to wait and have her own time, because this detour to help someone in need would not be the end of the exam. So, with a clenched fist, the heiress held on to the traded sapphire tightly and closed her eyes - "Thank you" quietly escaping. Yuuki was off after saying they shall all become heroes and shouldn't waste this opportunity, leaving Virtua to watch with Miguel as he ran toward his future. That left them to do the same, turning to the drill-quirk lad who got roped into the situation, even if it was at the last minute. Hell, the girl would've offered him the sapphire if it wasn't a gift.

He tried to make a joke about the hot-tempered and rude oni hero, which didn't exactly get a laugh but she got the sentiment. Yuuki was as timid as she was, but nice and Miguel here seemed to be a little more composed while radiating a bit of similar enthusiasm to be a hero. Having just met him, it was hard to gauge what he was like other than he shared the same passion as them. Alas, getting back to finishing the exam before time ran out was the priority. Thus, "Yes... We can meet up!" A date was made to get proper introductions out of the way... which she forgot after Miguel left. She got his name, but never gave hers or found out Thunder Ryuu's actual name.

Ah...

At least they think she's cool... That's something she can tell her sister about! ... If she makes it in time.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:45 pm

After some more time chatting with Hinata, Shinobu would move to get himself ready for the impending challenge. He began stretching to warm up for the run. From the exam to home he didn't much care about but the run from his home to his new friend's, that he wanted to do well. Once they'd settled all the details and the exam had concluded, the cat boy took off. Today had just been full of running and he hoped there'd be more of it waiting for him at UA.

----------

Shizuka's interest in her quirk went about exactly as Izumi had expected it to. The girl had caught the brief flash of energy and now wanted to know everything about it. And while she had no particular issues explaining it to others, the older girl saw in this an opportunity. She stood up and produced her phone from a pocket. The case was a bright green that matched the girl's hair. In fact it matched it a little too well. Almost like the two were part of some brand. She tapped around some, as if looking for something.

"I could tell you here buuut..." she said playfully. Izumi had found what she was looking for and happily turned the phone around so Shizuka could see. On display was a website for what looked like a local sushi restaurant. "Why don't I tell you there tomorrow night?" she finished with a smile beaming on her face in anticipation of the reaction it would get. That was of course, assuming Shizuka liked seafood. Maybe that wasn't the safest best after all. But it was far too late to be showing doubts in her course of action now.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueLily Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:27 am

Shizuka tilted her head, watching Izumi get up and take out her matching green phone. What was she looking at? Shizuka leaned forward, craning her neck as if that would help her see Izumi's phone, but to no avail. When Izumi finally showed her, Shizuka's eyes lit up. A sushi place! Any disappointment Shizuka had felt upon learning she'd have to wait to hear about Izumi's quirk was dispelled by her newfound excitement. "Awesome! I'd love that!" she said, her eyes twinkling. She didn't really think about unimportant details like what time she should be there, or how expensive the place would be. Her one-track mind focused in on the fun part. Those little problems would be dealt with when they came up.

Then, taking notice of Izumi's phone again, Shizuka remembered something. "Oh!" she suddenly made a mad scramble, frantically pulling out her own phone. It was in a cute, powder-blue case, decorated with little stickers of cats, music notes, and cupcakes. To anyone else, it would probably be sickeningly cute and girly, but Shizuka carried it with complete, unironic pride. She tapped away for a few brief moments before handing it to Izumi, "Before I forget, here's my number," she said, having typed it out on screen for Izumi, "feel free to put yourself in my contacts list so we can text each other any time!"
TrueLily
TrueLily

Back to top Go down

Post by Roro Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:44 am

Today was the day.

The long awaited day for Takuya to prove his mettle and secure a good future for himself in an occupation he had zero interested in, how exciting.

He made sure to blend into the crowd of his peers. His choice of wardobe wasn't anything bombastic that'd draw attention to itself with your sneakers & jeans pair you can see anywhere alongside a plain black shirt completely shrouded by a two colored hoodie split perfectly into darkened red and white down the middle and a completely red hoodie shielding his head from the sun's rays.  It was only when they were beckoned to follow by Sylva and led into the lecture hall that he removed the hood, revealing his light black hair, perfectly laid down his head without a single string of hair sticking out.

Takuya briefly scouted his surroundings, carefully looking over everyone gathered in the hall he made sure to remember the faces of his future classmates, or rivals, or whoever else they might end up being. All he knew was that if he was to be ever approached by one of them, the situation would've been awkward if he couldn't remember them one bit.

The apparent introvert took his seat with his back pushed deep into the chair, very carefully listening to the explanation given. Ignoring the preview of the maze, as there way no way in hell he'd ever remember that, the test seemed relatively simple. All he had to do was gather 15 points within one hour and the extend of physical exercise didn't go beyond having to help a few people for someone like him, who didn't intend on showing off by grabbing as many of the 5-pointers as possible, or getting the best time imaginable, just passing the test was more than enough for him. "Being higher or lower on the leaderboard won't change anything. It's just an entrance exam, passing is all I need." - he thought to himself.

The, very literal, explosive start of the exam took him by surprise and put his heart into overdrive, he could barely keep him from ripping his throat apart by screams of panic until the parachutes finally kicked in, giving him some breathing room. When his chair landed in the maze and he finally caught his breath and regained his composure, he slowly dug himself out from underneath the parachute that completely covered his seat.
"What's with that? I could've died from shock! Geez..", a whisper escaped his lips. He looked around and kicked himself off from his seat, walked over to the obsidian wall on his right and slowly pressed his palm against it. "The oldest trick in the book." he once again said under his nose and pushed forward into the depths of the maze with a casual jog, diligently following the maze's right wall.

His goal wasn't to get the highest score possible, or the fastest time possible. He only wanted to get 15 points without facing any of the fake villains. He avoided every single one of them, picking up the 1-pointer gems whenever he came across one. At some point, he came across a group of three civilians trapped under various debris in a setting that clearly spelled out "aftermath of a building collapse" - something every "Hero" would come across. The test's nature made it painfully obvious there was no danger to their health. They were just teachers, or previous students, voluneteers or paid actors. Eitherway, it wasn't a real life endangering situation no matter how hard they tried to make it appear as one, and Takuya only had 3 rubies - 3 points. If he were to escort all 3 of them he'd get 9 more for a total of 12 points - 3 away from the passing score. He was very thorough in scouting rubies on his way there so finding more on the way back was impossible. He shook his head and proceeded onward, coming back right after he found 3 more rubies.

Rescuing people in situations like these was something he excelled at for sure with the use of his Quirk. As he was right now, his limit stood at around 5 consecutive uses before it started impacting his stamina while also being able to cover the radius and mass of roughly twice a muscular adult male's size before any strain so debris like this was nothing.
"Low Above High" - the Quirk with ability to turn any aspect of any object into it's opposite. And in this case, as he grasped the debris one after another, his hands were enveloped in a colorless shine slowly devouring the object. "Heavy", the aspect preventing those without trained muscles or super strength from removing the obstacle. The very moment Takuya's light engulfed the object as a whole was it no longer "heavy" and rather, the reverse - "light". He held them by their underside, each one, and once his Quirk came info effect he effortlessly flipped them off the Civ's, throwing them a fair distance away.

Takuya mentioned all three of them to follow him, gently swaying his head to the side before leaving towards the exit. No words were exchanged and using the maze's right wall to find his way back, the boy made his way towards the warp. He was in no hurry, his points were already secured, he was guaranteed to pass. Time. The only obstacle in his way, that he kept fully in check by giving his wrist watch a look every a few moments or so.

He left both his gems and the Civilians off at the surface. He had the points necessary and didn't really exert himself physically, his pace could be considering daily exercise, at best. With his 15 points safely deposited, Takuya awaited further instructions.

STATS
Points Collected: 15/15
Rubies (1) Collected: 6
Sapphires (3) Collected: 3
Emeralds (5) Collected: 0
Recorded time: 36 minutes
Roro
Roro

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggo Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:03 am

"Oh it's so cute!" Izumi exclaimed, smiling at the sight of the phone handed to her. It was an aesthetic she'd expect of the girl before her given what interactions they'd had. If the stickers were anything to go off of, Shizuka liked cats, musics and sweets. Music at least would have to be a talking point at dinner but she could work with the other two. The girl tapped away at the phone, inputting her phone number and full name to create the new contact. The task complete, she returned the decorated phone to its owner.

"Text me whenever and I'll add you. I'll-" she started but was interrupted by a loud yawn which she covered with her free hand. "Excuse me, I must have wore myself out more than I thought." she said, wanting to be courteous. As it was she needed more sleep than the average person but the adrenaline crash had made her tap into her store of energy usually reserved for healing. No doubt her body wanted to build it back up.

"As I was saying, I'll send you the restaurant's address and website so you can look it over. Just let me know if you need any help getting there." she said with a smile as she locked her phone and put it away.

Izumi would finish chatting with her new friend then await the end of the exam. She wanted to see if she couldn't get some inkling of who all had passed. Once the exam was concluded and her curiosity somewhat satisfied, she returned home for a long night's sleep.
Doggo
Doggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Major Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:38 am

When he began the exam, Miguel was this close to become a nervous wreck right in front of the entrance of the building. Just seeing how many people came to take the entrance exam, how diverse their abilities and potential were, he nearly convinced himself to leave and resign to a miserable life of controlled demolitions working at his family business. He only wanted to be one thing, and that was a hero. If he couldn't become one, then he had no idea what to do next. But he didn't take a step back. No sir, he decided to still try taking the exam, to take the first step into becoming a worthy hero. Maybe his whole body will regret it later, but he knew he'll regret it even more if he abandoned before even trying.

And oh boy he did try. Not only he managed to secure a good number of rubies by just walking through the indestructible maze, he also completed two rescues and helped two other examinees in their battle against a villain. He still couldn't control his Quirk just like he wanted, but he made it work enough time to get the desired results. He also made new friends! ... Well, that was arguable. He only talked with one of them, but hey, it's the intention that counts. It was thanks to them that he got the inspiration he needed to keep going. Miguel was happy, with good feelings towards the future. His future.

And then, all came crashing down when he realized, slowly and painfully, that he didn't know how much time he had left to finish the exam.

Any semblance of enthusiasm he had was quickly replaced with concern, signaling his brain to 'haul ass' even harder and faster than before if he wanted to make it in time. 'What am I gonna do!? What am I gonna do!? What am I gonna do!?' He thought, running like crazy in every direction he could looking form more points. Using this excuse of a plan, Miguel secured two more points in the form of two rubies. Really, how lucky could he be to fin two rubies one after the other while running randomly in any direction? Whatever, it got him results. But still, he was 3 points short of reaching the mark. So close yet so far. He needed to do a rescue or fight a villain in order to get enough points to pass.

Fighting was, as always, out of the question. He was inspired and enthusiastic, but he wasn't suicidal. Facing a villain alone would only mean trouble, even more so that he didn't knew how much time he had left. Even looking for another civilian could prove risky, as he could end up running forever on that stupid maze looking for someone. What if the other examinees rescued everyone? What if the rubies he found were the last ones? He didn't even remember how big the maze was to begin with, or if there were dead ends. If there were, he avoided a lot of them, thats for sure. But his luck could only get him so far. 'Shit, shit, shit, shit...' He thought, running through a corridor. Being that worried, he didn't notice a little drop in the ground, making fall face-first into the floor.

Getting up slowly, doing his best to not shed a single tear, he managed to stand up with some difficulty. 'Shit...' He muttered, before venting all his frustration with a loud shout. 'What the hell am I gonna do!?'. As cathartic as it was, it didn't accomplish nothing. Knowing that only made Miguel even more furious. He was ready to punch a wall, until he noticed... A little sob. 'What?' He said, surprised to hear something like that on the maze. Could that be another hero in need, like Thunder Ryu the Sixth? He followed the source of the noise, mentally preparing himself to fight if he needed to. To his surprise, just down the next corridor, he found what was making that noise - A little kid, not younger that the little Thunder Ryu he helped save earlier. 'Another examinee?' He said to himself. 'No way. He doesn't look like one'.

He slowly approached the kid, who noticed him and retreated in fear. Miguel quickly understood that the kid was in fact another civilian he could rescue. If he could get him back to the middle of the maze, then he could get the sapphire he had. Problem solved, right? No. In fact, it created another problem as he couldn't approach the kid. The young man didn't know if the kid was really scared or if he was a good actor. Probably the latter. However, he didn't have the time to wait for this child to trust him so he could help him. And forcing a little kid to follow him was something heroes don't do. That was a real dilemma.

Seeing how he couldn't reason with the kid, Miguel prepared to go somewhere else. Maybe try his luck with the rubies again. 'I... I really don't have time for this...' He said, before turning to take another direction. As he walked away, he heard how the poor kid continued to cry softly, like any lost and scared child would do. The young man tried to reasure himself that everything was fine, the kid was an actor and that he needed to move fast if he wanted to finish the exam. If he wanted to have a shot at becoming a hero he needed to... Abandon that child... Now that also was something heroes don't do, no matter what.

'Hey...' Miguel said to the little kid, having turned back to at least try to pick him up. The kid naturally retreated, still scared at him. 'I see...' The young man muttered, expecting the whole rescue to actually be easy. Doing the right thing doesn't mean that it will be easy. 'Look' He tried to get his attention. 'I know you're scared. You're lost and you want your mom right now. But please, you have to trust me'. Miguel proceeded to give the most heartfelt words of encouragement he could to the little child, hoping they could work. 'I might not look like one, but I'm actually here to help. No matter what, I will do whatever it is in my power to get you to safety and help you look for your family if needed. You can count on me for anything, for I am... A hero'.

The kid only stared confused, unable to understand what Miguel meant by that. 'It sounded a lot cooler in my head...' He thought, feeling somewhat depressed that it didn't work despite putting his best effort. Trying to think something quick, the young man remembered something he read about a famous hero once. It was an article on how he acted during his rescues, how he reassured the civilians that he was going to help him. 'Huh, I might as well give it a try...' Said the young man, standing up in front of the kid. While putting his hands on his hips, Miguel looked up and... Proceeded to do a fake laugh. 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'. Needless to say, the kid was now even more confused.

However, the kid couldn't contain the serious face much longer, and quickly burst into genuine laugh himself. 'Huh? It worked!' He thought, laughing still. 'That bit about laughing to calm the people work'. The young man proceeded to count that as a personal victory. Once he stopped with his fake laugh, Miguel extended his arm to the little child. 'Now that you feel better, how about I get you out of here?'. The kid looked at his hand, before taking it to stand up. Offering the child a piggyback ride, the pair made their way back to the middle of the maze. This time, it didn't matter if he made it in time or not, he already learned a little about being a hero.

Once at the middle of the maze, Miguel kneeled to let the kid stand on the floor. 'I think this is where we say goodbye' Said the young man to the little boy. 'Once we cross that warp thing, we'll be out of the maze'. The kid stared at him with a big smile, and then proceeded to put his hand on his pocket. Taking out a sapphire, the kid handed the precious gem to the soon-to-be hero. 'Oh, yeah. The sapphire. I completely forgot about that' He said, taking the token from the kid. 'With this I can finally pass the exam. Thank you'. With this, the young man turned in order to finish his exam once and for all

'No, thank you' A deep voice thanked him back. Miguel turned back, hoping to see someone with a voice that deep. He only saw the kid, still behind him. 'Huh, weird. I thought I heard someone thanking me or something'. To his surprise, the little kid answered with the same deep voice. 'Yes. It was me'. The young man stood there, looking at the little kid and hoping everything was some kind of hallucination produced by the fatigue. It wasn't. Holy mother of god, it wasn't. 'Hey, are you alright?' The little kid asked. 'Oh, I see. Surprised by my voice and all that. I'll explain this quick because I'm really tired of faking tears all day, and this isn't the first time I need to explain this. My Quirk allows me to change my physical appearance, but only how old I look. Actually, I'm 31. They needed a little kid lost in the maze, and I said I could do it. Thats all. Oh, and good one with the laugh. It was so bad I couldn't mantain the act'.

'Eh, what?' Miguel asked.

'Move kid. You got like two minutes left to finish the exam'.

'OH SHI-!!!'

STATS
Rubies (1) Collected: 6
Sapphires (3) Collected: 3
Emeralds (5) Collected: 0
Recorded time: 58:59.23

After stepping into the warp point, Miguel gave the gems to the proctors. Proud of a job well done, but tired beyond belief, the young man located quickly a seat and proceeded to sit. The seat wasn't a particularly comfy one, but the young man felt like he was in heaven. Well, after all that happened, he might as well be.

Nova Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:11 am

Now with a chance given to another budding hero-in-the-works, Virtua set off after Miguel left to finally finish the exam. With three rubies and an sapphire in hand, she had six out of the fifteen points needed to pass. A lot of time had gotten wasted, but that whole mess did invigorate her spirit. With pep-to-step, the heiress dashed through the labyrinth to stumble upon any remaining jewels... Though, after awhile, a horrifying realization was beginning to settle in: It had been so far into the exam, rescue situations were scarce and rubies were all but gone. "Ah..." A cry, nay, a squeak of despair as darkness crept into the world. The only thing left... was to fight villains...! And that took ages seeing how long it took to beat the Oni with two other people! There was absolutely no way she was going to be able to make it by beating two professionals by herself! She went pale, dropping to knees and feeling all energy and hope drain from her body and soul - this was death. Her expression was a smile filled with shock, as if grimacing while frozen upon being subdued by trauma. Color drained from her eyes, signifying her life coming to its metaphorical end. "Ah..." A sigh of acceptance, feeling at one with the cold floor akin to a corpse on the ground.

Then, an odd chain of events began to hit. There was a tremor caused by likely a fight between quirk holders, causing a nearby structure of wood to fall apart, catching Vivi's attention. It didn't seem anyone was around though, so the battle was off to the distance. But more importantly...! Her eyes began to shine, her complexion restored upon witnessing three shimmering, crimson miracles slide out from the downfall. "Is this a sign?!" Virtua inquired the higher powers of a celestial deity, getting to her feet. "Is this Deku's light of hope shining from above to help?!" ... Or inquiring the greatest hero ever in history, it was honestly the same thing in her book. Rushing over, the girl cuddled the little gems to her bosom, bouncing a little in place with excitement while beaming, having a precious smile of relief and joy. Holding them outward just to bask in their presence, she was revitalized with cheer. "That's nine! Now I only have to fight one villain and find one more ruby and-"

"Yoink!" A young lad sneered as a long-stretched arm - extended by superhuman ability punched a clawed gauntlet into the maze's steel wall, swinging and swiping the rubies from the girl's hands.

Viv blinked twice in stunned silence. "... H-... Hey!!" The swordswoman called out to the rude boy who had stolen her deus ex machina.

"Sorry little lady, but I'm really behind on points. It just so happened I was around to take these though, so thanks! Now I won't have to fight that loon throwing a fit over there! Later!" You know when bad things just happen to good people and there's nothing you can do about it? When people tell you things will get better later and you'll never know when exactly it is? Have you ever felt life enjoys kicking you while you're down? Yeah... That thief made her feel all those things and more. Unfortunately, due to her kind nature and inability to chase after the arm-swinging youth, she began crying in defeat.

"Why...?!" Virtua wept with frustration and upset, tears welling up as she would come to mourn her bad luck yet again. "Why..." So badly did she want to throw the blame around. To curse that participant, to curse the headmaster and this ridiculous test, to curse the designers of this labyrinth, to curse the oni for taking up so much of her time, and more. ... Though, wait a moment.

He mentioned some lunatic causing a disturbance. Yes... That must've been where the aftershock came from! Maybe, just maybe, if something is going on there, she could get lucky. Although... "If someone's making a mess to the point where people are avoiding them, it might be an issue for everyone..." Yet again does her selfless nature get to her, wanting to put an end to the racket so others can proceed with the exam normally - participants and volunteers/staff alike. Thus, the girl carried herself to the scene... and it was quite the scene to take in.

"Bwa ha ha ha ha! You are not dealing with the average man anymore, aspiring children! Nay, you are dealing with the average Steel Man no longer! For I am STEEL DEVIL!"

"D-Dude... Enough... You aren't even supposed to be doing all this!"

A volunteer pro hero seemed to have taken his job too seriously, beating numerous adolescent quirk-users senseless and taunting them like a genuine villain. Even worse, he had roped other volunteers and employees of the school into things, trapping them under various rubble or simply standing in their way and being too strong on top of being too imposing to get past. His fists pressed to his hips as he laughed manically, even changing his hero name to a villainous one while his metal body glistened in the underground's lighting. His grin was toothy and triumphant, filled with vigor and roleplaying maliciousness as he towered menacingly over his hostages. A number of them were even exam-takers he defeated and impeded from continuing. The absurdity was capitalized by the shine of the emerald beauty at his neck, hanging on by a makeshift thread which many had tried to take away from him if only to stop this madness. And, judging by the looks of things, everyone who has tried has failed miserably. Though, Virtua couldn't see that he just really loved his job and meant no harm, so she was legitimately terrified of what felt like a real villain in the act. She knew it was a hero, but she just assumed this was allowed! The fact he could get away with not only stomping on several would-be-students but also had enough energy to keep fighting them when they got back up...

Steel Devil is strong...!

"Eep..." The mousy girl squeaked frightfully, trembling as her teeth quietly chattered. Natural instincts said to do exactly what she did for Yuuki, but she wouldn't be having help judging by the bruised and exhausted fighters. It would be her own battle... And of course, she mentally told herself: Just do it! With a heavy, shaky gulp... "P-Please stop!" She cried out gallantly with obvious dread in her tone as she went into the scene. This caught everyone's attention, including the almighty and evil Steel Devil's.

"Who dares issue a command to I: Steel Devil?!" He wasn't exactly the giant brute the oni-gentleman was, but even for a lean-built man his iron body made him intimidating enough with the booming echo in his voice.

"I-I do!" Virtua stuttered, equipped with razor in hand.

"... Ah, she's shaking like a leaf..." One employee said.

"Yeah... she's probably just gonna be another one of us in a minute..." One of the teenagers lamented.

Great, they were already counting her out.

"A child wishes to stand against me?! Foooooolishness!!" Steel Devil scoffed then shouted, wasting no time charging at the quaking lass whose eyes widened with disbelief. Not playing around, he immediately went in for a punch only to be dodged by the thankfully nimble girl. Taking this chance to counter, her arm swiftly moved to cut for a counterattack and had... about the expected result. His steel-protected form only got a slight scratch from the attack and it did not stop him from actually decking his foe in the face, bruising her cheek with a brutal assault before proceeding with a fierce combo. A flurry of punches into an uppercut followed by a decisive kick that sent her flying backward. The Victoria heiress cried out in pain as her back hit the wall, feeling a greater force in the violent turbulence compared to the business suit-wearing oni. Just as she feared, he was powerful gauging from that one exchange where he held nothing back. "Come now, heroine! Strike me down or prove yourself a fraud!"

"Ugh... I have to... Use it again!" Feeling the heat of the battle already, like the firestorm from before in her mind, the girl allowed the wild fire to take over, using the small, sharp tool to slash at her palm while falling to the ground. Blood burst forth from the scar, surprising the spectators and the villain as they witnessed it absorbed into her arm, morphing its entirety into a black blade. "I'll... fight you with this...!" Virtua declared, choking her nerves as best she could with an unsteady stance as Steel Devil motioned her to attack. Naturally, she did just that, running fullspeed at him to begin a ferocious clash of steel. Their quirks were somewhat similar, as even though Steel Devil's body was covered in metal, it was still his body that would be victim to the shock damage of his "armor". Virtua's sword was not truly iron either, rather, it was hardened skin that could absorb impacts that would break her arm to an extent. This allowed them to go all-out with the professional actually punching her sword and she slashing at her opponent without mercy. Every time his hand made contact with her blade and vice versa, resounding clangs and sparks shot outward.

"Not bad! But not good enough!" He praised her effort, then rained on her parade by picking up the pace. It didn't matter to her however, as her nerves were being overwhelmed by primal instinct in combat. Hints of clumsiness and obvious signs of lackluster training were apparent, yet Vivi had the makings of a warrior ever still in mixes of precise and wide arcs, swinging to catch her opponent or deflect his attacks. Unlike the oni's punches of brutal force and willpower, she knew she could take this hits to her arm. Her oranges pupils even shrank a bit as evident focus, not letting up even if she was falling behind in strikes until the man grabbed her arm. She gasped as he grinned. "Gotcha!" Her state of zen was used against her, allowing her foe to lift her by the blade and throw her toward the other rabble. She tumbled wildly, giving a short, agonized screech as her hip and elbow collided with the floor first, following her back and the uncomfortable clanging of her sword-arm on the ground. "Know the might that is I: STEEL DEVIL!" The volunteer hollered victoriously as the woman stopped rolling, lying down and wincing in pain.

"No! No! No! Dammit, no! Not like this, man! So many of us have gotten our asses kicked by this clown! You can't be one of us! Please, get up and do something!" One of the upset participants shouted to the heroine-to-be.

"Yeah, this is embarrassing for us! We just wanted to have some fun with some possible students, but this guy is trying so hard! I don't even have my emerald on me anymore, I gave it to one of these kids!" A volunteer explained their pathetic predicament. In a way, this was a testament to complacent heroes while someone who was passionate about their work easily stomped them out.

"Come on, miss... You can do it." Unlike the other whiners, a younger volunteer for rescuing cheered her on. That must've been the kind of voice and message needed, as Virtua's normal hand balled itself up into a fist.

"Urgh..."

"Want some MOREEEEE?!" The man of steel taunted, trembling with excitement and fervor as he clenched his own fists.

"I can't win like this... I know already if I do that again, I'm just going to lose..." No matter how much she resolved herself, she timidly accepted that it was futile to attack her enemy head-on. That left her with... what exactly? Her blade-arm throbbed with pain from clashing against metal so much, and she grit her teeth while staring down her opponent. Having one eye shut to swallow the pulsating hurt, she began to think through the blaze of her mind... which is when it hit her. "I can't beat him with Bladelength... But...!" Taking a bet through the heritage that left the disgusting growth-scar at her hand, Virtua began to focus as much as she could on the sword and her enemy. "If they can't beat him and it's up to me...! This pressure is terrifying...!" The girl monologues as wind began to stir, a white and bright purple aura transforming her blade. "It's scary but I can't make it in if I can't do this... If I don't do this, I'll never reach anything near Deku's height...! If I don't do it, then everyone here is stuck with no chance! That's why I...!" Raising the empowered blade, it suddenly exploded with size, being vastly larger than her arm and easily expanding to the height of the maze's walls with a fiery coat of energy enhancing its width. The others in the area were shocked by this development, seeing the quirk emitting the radiance of a super power right before their eyes. Even Steel Devil was taken aback by the sight.

"What is this...?" The pro hero asked in an awed stupor. "This... This is a super move...?!"

"With this Tensalength-!!"

"This can't be! A mere child-?!" Super moves were not uncommon among heroes, but for a girl who was a bundle of quaking nerves and clumsy movement - someone who seemed like they had barely developed their ability at all...!

"Heavensrend!!"

A spark awakened with the vivid imagery of a young lass watching her hero shine with power, green lightning crackling over his body as he shouted a phrase passed down through generations. Ever so intensely did she watch the video over and over as the man gave a smile, putting the pressure of heroism down to the villains before him. Screaming with all his heart, the one word resounded and now, in her adolescence, gave her the memory she could flash to that gave her strength. With that, the massive blade swung down with immense power, carrying trails of light as it crashed down onto the roleplaying evildoer who wailed and yelled painfully from the impact. The super sword ripped down through the material of the indestructible maze wall, not destroying it but grazing and slashing it through nothing more than its incredible length, making Vivi feel as if her arm was cutting into a thickly built board that irritated her skin. Despite this, she withstood the scratching sensation as her sword hit the ground, causing a swift quake that marked the end of the mad lad. Through that signal, everyone realized they were free. "Come on, you have to get out of here!" The heroine informed the crowd, who all agreed and quickly began helping each other from underneath the rubble and to their feet. As her arm returned to normal, they all began to take off running to the warp point. Some of the exam-takers were going out just to resume the test with some quick thanks, while others just gave up and wanted to go home - try again next year when it's easier maybe. Those who were rescued and those who were conceding followed the girl to the warp point, taking her advice and leaving the testing grounds before her as she watched, ensuring everyone's departure.

"Excuse me, miss." A rather short fellow appeared, smiling. She was so caught up with everything happening, his call actually took her out of her trance as she relaxed her breath and began to calm her body. This young lad presented her one sapphire, an emerald and one lucky ruby.

"Huh?"

"I was the one who said you could do it, and you sure did it. Though, you seem to have forgotten your rewards. The emerald from that guy and a sapphire from me. You have a good future ahead of you if you can step up bravely like that. That little extra ruby is just for impressing me after I saw you run past it."

"I... T-Thank you! Thank you so much! Thank you!"

"Haha, of course. Good luck."

"I won't forget this...!"

No, she would never forget this until the day she died: the generous boon that gave her exactly enough to finish. Albeit with one of the worst times possible for a passing grade, her dream to become a hero just like her sister and Deku to relieve the suffering of her family and become someone worthy of praise from Midoriya...

It was going to come true.

STATS:
Rubies (1) Collected: 4
Sapphires (3) Collected: 2
Emeralds (5) Collected: 1
Recorded Time: 51:39.39
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirii Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:40 am

[THE EVENT HAS NOW ENDED - THREAD LOCKED.]
Shirii
Shirii
Admin

https://bnharoleplayig.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3